• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sara became the face of the show, at least imo. It'd make no sense for her to leave unless Caity Lotz wanted out for whatever reason.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beebo loves you, but his wrath is eternal and powerful.

beebo-legends-tomorrow-season-3-finale-episode-18-recap-newsweek.PNG

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Ryan at least deserves a DC streaming movie or something. The casting is so solid. He also deserves to be on a non-garbage season of Arrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Hellblazer was the first comic I ever read that made me annoyed that it was a comic because I knew my dad wouldn't read it. Me and him have pretty similar reading tastes so the first time I actually got down to reading any of it I was annoyed because I was like damn it this isn't in a form that he'll consume.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Constantine mini-movie...miniseries...thing now. It's weird how Matt Ryan is still voicing John here but the character SOUNDS almost completely different. What a difference a shift in tone makes, I guess.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Matt Ryan consciously chose to make his Constantine animated different than his live action interpretations from an interview I saw awhile back

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Matt Ryan consciously chose to make his Constantine animated different than his live action interpretations from an interview I saw awhile back

Yeah. The campy style of performance from the live action shows wouldn't really make sense in the more serious animated material.

I don't view Routh as the co-lead, at this point its Nate.

Agreed. Nate's the secondary protagonist nowadays.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna give Mick more respect, but he is mainly reduced to quick one liners, drinking a beer, and occasionaly firing off a concussive flame shot at a random bad guy

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, they edited most of the gore out of this movie. The webseries version was absurdly violent compared to the new version.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty soon, Nora is gonna become the Martha of the Arrowverse

Nora Allen
Nora West-Allen
Nora Dahrk

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The best show is coming back!
Quick questions, how was it for the other shows? Did they have a good premiere? So I can go back and catch up.
Also I always loved this particular OT with all the discussion here <3

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I love how Legends basically became CW's "Fuck it, let's have some fun" DC show & became all the better for it. Hopefully Season 4 continues the trend.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how Legends basically became CW's "Fuck it, let's have some fun" DC show & became all the better for it. Hopefully Season 4 continues the trend.

Have you seen that trailer lmfao

Supergirl had a good premiere, but the test with most of these shows is if they can hold quality past the Christmas break. Even the bad seasons of these shows can hold up for a few episodes.

I ain't bothering w/ Supergirl anymore, it's been 3 seasons, I've learned my lesson. As for Flash and Arrow, pretty much in it for the long haul at this point, but hopefully they're both good seasons.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just saw the trailer this morning, absolutely amazing and has me even more hyped.

The unicorn start was perfect, fucking lol.

Oct 30, 2017
I love John Constantine but the trailer in the OP looks really cheesy and I didn't watch any of the first 3 seasons of this show. Are you supposed to embrace the cheese? I don't know if I can fight off the cringe here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I love John Constantine but the trailer in the OP looks really cheesy and I didn't watch any of the first 3 seasons of this show. Are you supposed to embrace the cheese? I don't know if I can fight off the cringe here.

It's basically half comedy show now. It's corny and over the top on purpose after season 1.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's basically half comedy show now. It's corny and over the top on purpose after season 1.
Exactly and most importantly its the best of all the cw-verse because of it.

Not saying arrow and flash should be exactly the same but legends had basically gotten better each season which is the opposite of the flash, at least arrow bounced back.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how long we can keep this thread title... probably till the premiere I reckon...

It's best we flip the titles around because, less confusing, and 2... Legends was renewed whereas Constantine wasn't... so there's that

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im confused, is Constantine will appear in Legend of tomorrow? If so, it's the same guy? Should I watch the first season of Constantine show?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Im confused, is Constantine will appear in Legend of tomorrow? If so, it's the same guy? Should I watch the first season of Constantine show?
Yes. Constantine - as played by the guy from NBC's Constantine TV series - is a regular this year. He made earlier appearances in both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. No real reason to watch the show aside from the charm of Matt Ryan.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Constantine had a tv show that was the pure cream of Hellblazer, including Gary Lester getting fucked by a hunger demon and using cocaine to keep a demon possesion at bay.

And not enought people watched and it was canceled.

Now he is in the arrowverse. You can watch the episodes that he appeared on legends before this but nothing more besides his trauma with Astra was mentioned so you are good to go. But his version is more New 52 than Hellblazer so expect more magic and less talking.
But still smoking every second, being an asshole and bisexual.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yes the smoking and bisexuality were not in his nbc show....

i think arrowverse Constantine may as well be from a different Earth from NBC one

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i dont recall the implied bi in his show... can u give a reference?

If my memory is correct, in one of the early episodes he was cheking in an hotel and the lady asks something like "any girlfriend?" and he corrects her to "lovers" or another gender neutral word. Small to the point of subliminal, but it is not like the early examples in hellblazer were any different.

Basically the "getting shit past the censors" stuff that they did with smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.