• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love that to be true, but at the top of this page there is conversation about that site being trash so I'd temper my expectations.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legends is the best show they have. They better not end it. I'd rather Arrow ends. It's my least favorite of the three. I don't watch Supergirl or Black Lightning.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really want a SOLO Constantine show? I like him best when he's got interplay with other dorks, having THIS particular Constantine solo is just gonna lead to a lot of Matt Ryan being sad and grumpy.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really want a SOLO Constantine show? I like him best when he's got interplay with other dorks, having THIS particular Constantine solo is just gonna lead to a lot of Matt Ryan being sad and grumpy.

Same thing I was thinking. Given that the last Constantine show didn't do so well, what makes the CW think they can bring his solo show back with enough success to keep it running. Now granted, the CW isn't NBC, and they can get away with having mediocre to low ratings. But Constantine works best as part of a group like the Legends.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Same thing I was thinking. Given that the last Constantine show didn't do so well, what makes the CW think they can bring his solo show back with enough success to keep it running. Now granted, the CW isn't NBC, and they can get away with having mediocre to low ratings. But Constantine works best as part of a group like the Legends.

I do love Matt Ryan and want him to get all the work in the world, but yeah. His version of Constantine needs an ensemble to function unless they're aiming to shift the tone way darker and more serious like the animated show.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is clickbait. They have no reason to cut Arrow unless Amell wants out, and then they still have another year to have the Supernatural guys tell him he has no real career prospects.
That make me sad. The Supernatural dudes are talented and nice guys, they should have been bigger

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
How many of the new CW shows are actually doing well? They better be smart about ending their hits.

These are the last ratings for CW that I saw from 2018-2019.

1. The Flash (renewed) 0.66

2. Supernatural (renewed) 0.43

3. Riverdale (renewed) 0.43

4. Arrow (renewed) 0.42

5. Supergirl (renewed) 0.38

6. Roswell, New Mexico 0.31

7. Legacies (renewed) 0.32

8. Charmed (renewed) 0.32

9. Black Lightning (renewed) 0.32

10. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (renewed) 0.31

11. All American 0.23

12. Dynasty (renewed) 0.17

13. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (ending) 0.14

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Legends is such a good show that people stopped watching during season 1. I was just talking to my coworkers about it a few weeks ago. A few of them dipped during season 1, which is arguably the worst season. Trying to convince them that it's now top tier is difficult.

I'm not sure what else they can do to get more viewers besides adding affordable star power to the next season and heavily promote that.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
The Legends were massively overpowered for the threat they were facing. It was made worse by Vandal getting bodied several times by Rip alone.

I'm so glad they brought in the Legion of Doofuses the following year and played up the comedy.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Legends were massively overpowered for the threat they were facing. It was made worse by Vandal getting bodied several times by Rip alone.

I'm so glad they brought in the Legion of Doofuses the following year and played up the comedy.
I always have trouble reconciling my love for season 2 and its inclusion of Thawne with Thawne bringing like 100 of his time remnants to fight the Legends in the finale. It was the most unnecessarily overkill thing that anyone has ever done in a DC CW show. I mean, it was cool, but it veered too far into the stupid writing you see on Flash.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I do love Matt Ryan and want him to get all the work in the world, but yeah. His version of Constantine needs an ensemble to function unless they're aiming to shift the tone way darker and more serious like the animated show.
Just make a Justice League Dark show or whatever magical team he's part of in the comics that has Zatanna/Detective Chimp in as well.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
This show is too good just caught up. Also I'll subscribe to DC streaming the instant they announce a Constantine revival.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
This show is too good just caught up. Also I'll subscribe to DC streaming the instant they announce a Constantine revival.

WeGotThisCovered claimed that a new Constantine series was in development. I wrote it off as clickbait but they were right on the money about Arrow ending and predicted
Cisco
leaving The Flash after this season which is looking more true as time goes on.

So I think there is at least a little hope for a new Constantine series...

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
btw, you guys should watch Doom Patrol if you can. Quickly became my favourite DC TV show and I didn't think anything would beat legends.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
WeGotThisCovered claimed that a new Constantine series was in development. I wrote it off as clickbait but they were right on the money about Arrow ending and predicted
Cisco
leaving The Flash after this season which is looking more true as time goes on.

So I think there is at least a little hope for a new Constantine series...

Supernatural ending would also open up a niche that Constantine could fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.