• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't mind Mona but it felt like the show had enough characters to go on with and now there's one too many. The show literally pointed out twice how Charlie was forgotten (plus no Ava).

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
What a fun episode

I hope Mona finds out Mick is the author.
I forgot about Nora. Nice to see her again.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to lose steam on this show. When was the last time the team actually used their abilities and costumes? The time traveling in today's episode was completely unnecessary and didn't serve any purpose except "to do it". And sorry, but Mona sucks. I don't give a shit about her storyline.

I miss Jax and Stein.
Indeed. She was tolerable (still not needed) when konane was there, since she actually had a purpose. Now that they're trying to pretty much make her a Legend?.. Uhh, no thanks. The show is suffering the same CW/DC formula of too many God-damned people on the team for no reason.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mona probably won't be a permanent Legend. Prefer at the Time Bureau myself, but I don't hate her or anything.

I'm starting to lose steam on this show. When was the last time the team actually used their abilities and costumes?

Costumes? Lol, part of the fun at this point is seeing them dress up for whatever the situation calls for.

As for abilities, budget issues are a bitch I guess, but personally I'm at the point where I like the characters and humor enough where I'm not really bothered by stuff like Ray barely using the suit anymore tbh. Prolly helps that I don't exactly watch this for the fights anyhow lol

Ava must be having it rough too if she's taking personal days.

She prolly back in emo mode again

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I liked the episode this week, except when they showed us Neron without giving the audience a trigger warning for trysophobia. ZeFrank even did it in his frog video! :D I don't need to barf all over my living room whenever he comes on the screen.

While the time travel wasn't strictly necessary, since they were doing the truth bug thing, I did find it amusing that history needed Nixon to be a liar, and that was fun as well.

Just like Lotus, I don't watch this show for the fights and stuff. It spun off of DC super hero stuff, but frankly, I'm fine with them just going through time fixing problems (and sometimes causing them). Ray punching a Nazi because he couldn't bring himself to say "Heil Hitler" is a better moment than anything he's done in the Atom suit, for example.

Also, based on the preview, Biff is definitely coming back. It's just like Nick told Sam on last week's Supernatural. "Come on, you know nobody stays dead anymore!"

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I bet the Werewolf comes back in the season finale and Mona accepts her beast side and lives with him in Hawaii

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this was much better than last week. Much more fun. And I don't buy for a second that Nate's dad is actually dead.

But I have a feeling Nora goes running to Ray, and she's with the Legends for the rest of the season, Ray refuses to tell Nate where she is when they go asking, Nate sics the Bureau on the Legends just like his dad.

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the whole "Nora runs in right after Hank was dead and gets accused" was going to happen during the lead up, but that doesn't make it any less dumb. Legends should be above that. I did like most of the episode, but that bit left a sour taste in my mouth.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Legends should be above that.

tenor.gif

Just like @Lotus, I don't watch this show for the fights and stuff. It spun off of DC super hero stuff, but frankly, I'm fine with them just going through time fixing problems (and sometimes causing them). Ray punching a Nazi because he couldn't bring himself to say "Heil Hitler" is a better moment than anything he's done in the Atom suit, for example.

Like I totally get it for something like Daredevil, that's one of its main appeals. But this was never the show for that, so meh. As long as everyone has a way to pull their weight, I'm good. Not that I literally want characters like Nate or Ray to not use their abilities, but the new status quo is still comfy.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Nora thing will get resolved within an episode

Nate isn't an idiot, he's a reasonable guy and Nora will be able to find proof

Also A.V. Club with the B-, not because it's a bad episode but because the reviewer feels that the show has hit a high standard now so it's graded relative to itself

AV Club: B-

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Nora thing will get resolved within an episode

Nate isn't an idiot, he's a reasonable guy and Nora will be able to find proof

Also A.V. Club with the B-, not because it's a bad episode but because the reviewer feels that the show has hit a high standard now so it's graded relative to itself

AV Club: B-

The comments reminded me that Nate saw his grandfather die, so that whole scene in the car reads even better than it already did

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Like I totally get it for something like Daredevil, that's one of its main appeals. But this was never the show for that, so meh. As long as everyone has a way to pull their weight, I'm good. Not that I literally want characters like Nate or Ray to not use their abilities, but the new status quo is still comfy.
Yeah, hi-5! I'm also not advocating zero powers or something. It's just that the time-traveling team (who sometimes screws up) is a really fun thing to watch, regardless. Plus, there's more and less fun ways to do some of those powers. Like, I prefer Ray shrinking down to talk to Nora and trick her to Ray just flying around shooting beams from his gauntlets.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I should've known they'd kill Hank as soon as he started getting nicer. Wonder if it's gonna stick.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind Mona, but I'd rather have Nora join the Legends than Mona.

Mona was fine interacting with Gary and the Bureau.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hate characters who only role si to be the butt of a joke. Gary needs Fitz his shit up

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, since the show has come back, something about it really isn't clicking for me. It doesn't help that the villain design is awful as mentioned and really should have been discussed further.

Like, yeah, he's a demon, he should be CW level scary and Supernatural has had some kinda scary stuff, but the trypophobia is an active deterrent where I have to look away if I know that actor is going to be on screen.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Neron's cheesy 90s design would have been perfect for Legends

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
In case some of y'all don't know how Neron looks like in the comics:

186px-NeronDC.jpg

I have a feeling the budget has been used for Neron's final form or something.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does the gang even know that the big bad is Neron? Or that there is a big bad at all? I think this is the first season where they have no idea who they're really fighting.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Does the gang even know that the big bad is Neron? Or that there is a big bad at all? I think this is the first season where they have no idea who they're really fighting.
No Constantine is aware of Neron, that's why he's with them. They just don't know he's connected to Hank or in Desmond's body.

Tbh I wish they picked another demon. Neron would've been a fun mystical villain for Flash, he was originally a Mark Waid creation. They're not doing that much unique with him. Could've been anyone.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Happy double Caity Lotz night!

#4.11 "Séance & Sensibility"
LOVE IS ALL AROUND — When Mona (Ramona Young) discovers that her favorite author, Jane Austen (guest star Jenna Rosenow), might be at the epicenter of a magical alert, Mona, Sara (Caity Lotz), Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Zari (Tala Ashe) find themselves in 1809. With Nate (Nick Zano) still dealing with family issues, Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) perform a séance and receive a message from the other world that rocks Constantine to his core. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) and Nora (Courtney Ford) are forced into close quarters. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Jackie Canino (#411).

LGN411b_0024b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.