• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Courtesy of reddit of course

LEGO 2K Drive PVP multiplayer gameplay is a "Mario Kart like" spin on the classic LEGO racing games we all know and love. There are many levels to choose from ranging from 2 to 5 minute races, and include lap races and sprint races, with multiple terrain and vehicle types such as on-road, off-road and water, with the vehicle changing automatically while driving.

Items/Powerups include: Jumping, Mines, Teleport, Ghost, Homing Missiles, EMP, Food Blaster, Web Crasher and Brick Wheels. You can also create custom vehicles as in other LEGO racing games.

View: https://imgur.com/a/30XNP3T

Seems like they're trying to make a Lego Racers spiritual successor and I'm 100% down for that

I am assuming the Shared World option in one of the screenshots is for an Open World type option as that was mentioned when the game originally leaked last year and was mentioned again earlier when the title for the game was leaked earlier today

Seems like the Garage is where you go to build Vehicles and Unkie Emporium will be the in game store, I'm assuming real money

This is the game being made by the 2K Visual Concepts team iirc

I do wonder what happened to that Lego Football/Soccer game that was leaked as well, wonder if it was canned?

Last edited:

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a very good idea for a Kart racer. Hoping the execution follows suit.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Normally I'd say this could be fun, but given this is 2K you just know it's going to be hampered by something. Online only, microtransactions or something.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Concerned about the "PVP Multiplayer" description. Hopefully there's at least a single-player cup thing.

Also, I'm still upset about 2k's shitty support of Midnight Suns.

OP
OP

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Concerned about the "PVP Multiplayer" description. Hopefully there's at least a single-player cup thing.

Also, I'm still upset about 2k's shitty support of Midnight Suns.
PVP was apparently the only thing they could try in the beta but going through the tips they noticed the usual Collectibles, different types of activites, main missions and defend missions

I believe that there's an open world section on that but don't quote me on that

Wow, this is an incredibly dumb name

Yep

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the stupidest name for a video game in years

plan9

Nov 22, 2017
Damn, not even 4K? Waiting for the next gen patch.

JK, this sounds pretty great actually. Option to build custom cars is very interesting. Would be cool if there was some transformation on some of the tracks as well during the race.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
It's not Lego if I can't build my vehicle, better not drop the ball there.
Actually let me build the whole track

Still waiting for a proper LegoCraft sandbox;; very simple but very comprehensive.
I mean, it's so obvious.
Yeah, we kind of got one but it had a terrible interface.