• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Is that a custom stand for the Venator? Also, is the red really that red? I kinda expected a darker red like that of the Corsucant Guard Ship.
It's the stand from iDisplayIt, I like their stands for the Venator and Star Destroyer - 45° display works so well. And the red is definitely darker than it looks, I had it under my bright Lego building desk light, it makes the mid reds look almost blood red. I think the official color for the red used with the Venator is "Dark Red" so yeah definitely the same as the red used in the Guard Ship.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Had something annoying happen when trying to sell a used set on Ebay and need some advice.

I just had a buyer request a refund after receiving a set I sold, claiming it didn't look like the photos because I sent it deconstructed (the photos were fully constructed). I did not mention it would be deconstructed before sending it, because it seems to be an unspoken rule that sets are deconstructed before being sent (I did mention that there would be No Box and No Instructions). I've sold other sets with the same setup (pictures of the completed set, but sent deconstructed) with no complaints.

Is this 100% on me? Or do I have grounds to fight the return?

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Had something annoying happen when trying to sell a used set on Ebay and need some advice.

I just had a buyer request a refund after receiving a set I sold, claiming it didn't look like the photos because I sent it deconstructed (the photos were fully constructed). I did not mention it would be deconstructed before sending it, because it seems to be an unspoken rule that sets are deconstructed before being sent (I did mention that there would be No Box and No Instructions). I've sold other sets with the same setup (pictures of the completed set, but sent deconstructed) with no complaints.

I mean no instructions and didn't say it would be deconstructed seems a bit on you. BUT I believe instructions can be found online for many sets. Maybe see if providing digital instructions may change their mind?

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017

Not an unspoken rule, you gotta tell them you send deconstructed in the future.

It's weird they would want to return it over this, but oh well. Maybe they really hate building lego lol

I think it'd be best to just let them return it

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I wish I cared more for big "model" builds, this Pantasy set looks amazing for car collectors.
huxlPyR.png
3QXcuxs.png
mnYtQLY.png

SSNi9iQ.png

Yes, all of those are prints (70 of them), reviews are very good obviously. ~2200 parts, about 100-120 bucks.

I'm amazed at Lego finally perfecting their method of reselling leftover stock parts in colors they can't possibly put into any set.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

This looks cool, but will be a nightmare to build. Not a fan of the specific colors used here, but I don't hate it...
3000 1x1 pieces does not sound like fun to me. That's a pass.
*shudders in world map*
While this looks pretty cool, after the Maps set I will never do another "Art" piece.
I said the same thing, but still got The Wave. Looks cool, but hated the build.
The World Map build at least was slightly therapeutic and you could almost do it in a trance like state. It was just way too much of it...

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
The Milky Way set looks actually pretty cool, I really like the colors they used. It probably won't be fun to build, but that's the first art set I'd consider buying.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Based on my past experience with LEGO, I wouldn't do well with those art pieces because I'd want to make sure the text on every stud was lined up perfectly straight. It was bad enough doing those megabloks pokemon 2d arts, where you had to keep the square tiles straight with even spacing.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Based on my past experience with LEGO, I wouldn't do well with those art pieces because I'd want to make sure the text on every stud was lined up perfectly straight. It was bad enough doing those megabloks pokemon 2d arts, where you had to keep the square tiles straight with even spacing.

Was debating on those but this is probably enough convincing to avoid them, cheers.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Was debating on those but this is probably enough convincing to avoid them, cheers.
Doing them was tedious, but at least they give you a little tool that helps to get them straight. I didn't find the building process on them to be enjoyable, but the end product is worth it. From a certain distance they look pretty fantastic, if you have any connection to the sprites from the games. I got all 4. But I wouldn't buy any more.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
I'm glad the Rivendell roof exists as a possible test for people to see if they can jump into "art" projects. For me there's not enough Adderall to do at set in one time again.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
art I think you're encouraged to do like a square at a time and slowly build up the mosaic. I don't think its really aimed at those that marathon their sets

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
art-space-31212-the-milky-way-found-in-store-v0-j3gwennfriwc1.jpg
art-space-31212-the-milky-way-found-in-store-v0-t4h2yzdfriwc1.jpg

yeeeah I don't know. I like the colors, but, I mean, those are completely made-up anyway. It's literally just bags and bags of completely random tiny crap pieces for another 200 bucks, in colors suspiciously looking like leftover production that didn't sell. I'd bet you can get 90% of the parts of this for cents on bricklink, and this set will be at least 20-30% off in no time (and much more down the line).

Like, if y'all really gonna pay $199 for this, I don't know what to tell you next time anyone complains about LEGO's pricing lol

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I generally get the appeal of the Art series and personally enjoyed building the Great Wave.

But that Milky Way looks neither fun to build nor does the end product look in any way appealing. Just looks like a mess of random pieces and colors.