• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
The figures for the second TLBM wave have leaked:

8L3sFaV.jpg

Hugo Strange? Clock King? Dr Phosphorous? Woo-hoo, I love these minor villain figs that this wave has given us! Black Canary is a very nice bonus, too.

38326861746642f0ea9911a4aaf0fce154c9a4229e4e3e9318b9b776c167c12a.jpg

Sooooo happy they have those Super Friends only from the cartoon. Missing
Samurai
though. :( Otherwise, extremely happy with TLBM 2nd wave.
Are
Gentleman Ghost and Condiment King
in other sets? I can't remember.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
England
Are
Gentleman Ghost and Condiment King
in other sets? I can't remember.

In answer to this question:

Gentleman Ghost is coming in a set with Harley Quinn and Crazy Quilt, and Condiment King is coming in a set with Egghead and his mech. I believe will cover all of the minor cameo villains roles from TLBM - something I didn't imagine would be possible when they were being revealed in the trailers!

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I like the look of the UCS Star Wars stuff I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the falcon seeing it in person. It's definitely a no-go for me. I would absolutely love for Monster Hunters or something similar to come back though, I loved that theme.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I think $800 CAD worth of modulars looks more impressive. It's size is impressive but overall I think I had built it up in my mind too much. Expectations were too high.
The Modular Test is def what I use to rationalize purchasing decisions. it's especially useful with figuring out if mid-size sets are a good value to me. "What fraction of the coolness of a modular is this?"

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Does it happen to all pics or to just some sources ?

mine was blocked on certain pages by a security tool marking it as cross-site embedding danger
I can see the Cool Aid picture above but not the others. Which tool you are talking about? I am in my house network, so there is nothing corporated to worry about.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to building the Dr Strange set.

It's not perfect but I wish more £20-£30 sets were like this it's such a refreshing change from vehicles!

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Not sure how to feel about TLBM wave 2 there...

I mean, some of them are nice but i can't help but feel disappointed that we didn't get anything on the scale of that TOYS R US exclusive october promo

Still need to bricklink those some day ugh.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I expect to see a $1000 Lego set next year.
I'm not sure if they'll push the boundary of how hard to milk star wars fans again that soon.

I'll probably sell my organs and die if any property more fundamental to my childhood gets sets that large, though. Harry Potter, lotr, and if Nintendo switched building toy partners would probably be the only things that have any nonzero chance of happening.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if they'll push the boundary of how hard to milk star wars fans again that soon.

I'll probably sell my organs and die if any property more fundamental to my childhood gets sets that large, though. Harry Potter, lotr, and if Nintendo switched building toy partners would probably be the only things that have any nonzero chance of happening.

With revenue falling this year, I could see it happening, but perhaps as you say it's probably only Lego Star Wars fans that would pay that much.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'm having trouble with the LEGO Marvel OT, I uploaded the thing to imgur as a PNG file and it becomes a JPEG, this is the weirdest place to explain this in but anyone have ideas?

I have no Photoshop on my computer.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm having trouble with the LEGO Marvel OT, I uploaded the thing to imgur as a PNG file and it becomes a JPEG, this is the weirdest place to explain this in but anyone have ideas?
What are you trying to do exactly? Hosting a picture?

I'm not totally surprised that some free uploaders change the image a bit so that it takes less space/bandwidth. Many here suggested abload.de as image hosting service.

If you have some basic things to do with images and lack photoshop, I can do it for you if you want.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so. I think Lego issued some stricter policy on discounts for large sets a couple years ago.
How does that work? You still see -30% or -40% on sets like Porsche 911 or the recent Ninjago boat, and I remember seeing UCS Tie at half price too. Not sure for Black Friday (it's not a huge thing here yet), but you still see discount on expensive sets, including "D2C" ones...

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Rocket Boy mini-fig hard to find?

Edit: Looked it up on Bricklink. Guess not.

Anyone looking to trade one? I have a few Series 5 and Series 7 figs I don't need.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
So, thanks to some shenanigans with Target (in short, they just straight up shipped me the wrong item twice, before I got a customer service person to tell me "oh yeah, we don't have that one after all"), I now have an extra boxed version of Dimensions Gimli and Legolas. And... trying to figure out what to do with those, as I'm not a bricklink seller or anything to offload these the "normal" way. My best plan right now is to just put out an offer to trade them for anything I don't have from Dimensions still in the BST thread here. (Which'd be Cyborg (the only one that I have some strong feel of "I actually would like to have that"), anything Ninjago except Lloyd, the two non Gator guy Chima things, and Emmet and Bad Cop from the Lego Movie).

It's such an awkward thing to have extras of, though. The actual value is piddly enough that shipping kind of kills the point of trying to sell them, while even though they ARE Lego, breaking them open for parts is also pretty darn meh because the Dimensions stuff is like, the worst for that. :/

OptimusBrix

Nov 2, 2017
Finally...I've been approved! Feels good to be back in the fold again... Saw this the other day on my Facebook, it's a letter to parents:
Xlego_zps7hmjryl5.jpg

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So, thanks to some shenanigans with Target (in short, they just straight up shipped me the wrong item twice, before I got a customer service person to tell me "oh yeah, we don't have that one after all"), I now have an extra boxed version of Dimensions Gimli and Legolas. And... trying to figure out what to do with those, as I'm not a bricklink seller or anything to offload these the "normal" way. My best plan right now is to just put out an offer to trade them for anything I don't have from Dimensions still in the BST thread here. (Which'd be Cyborg (the only one that I have some strong feel of "I actually would like to have that"), anything Ninjago except Lloyd, the two non Gator guy Chima things, and Emmet and Bad Cop from the Lego Movie).

It's such an awkward thing to have extras of, though. The actual value is piddly enough that shipping kind of kills the point of trying to sell them, while even though they ARE Lego, breaking them open for parts is also pretty darn meh because the Dimensions stuff is like, the worst for that. :/
Online Target sucked for me too. I tried buying a bedframe from them months ago, but they delayed it (would have taken a MONTH to get to me) so I canceled it. Then I tried again later and had its shipping delayed again (not as much thankfully), then it got to me and after lugging it up 5 floors I found out it was the wrong one model.

Had to pack it back up, bring it back down to ship it back, and then when they shipped the one I wanted one of the corners was broken off.
Thankfully I was able to use some wood glue and paint to fix it and make it look decent, but goddamn.

They're warehouse system must just be awful.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
How does that work? You still see -30% or -40% on sets like Porsche 911 or the recent Ninjago boat, and I remember seeing UCS Tie at half price too. Not sure for Black Friday (it's not a huge thing here yet), but you still see discount on expensive sets, including "D2C" ones...

I can't remember. I thought I read it a couple years ago. I could be wrong

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Best Buy has LEGO Dimensions figures at 50% off so I snagged the Powerpuff Girls and the Teen Titans sets.

I wonder which Robin figure would look best with the Titans...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm taking apart the Saturn V to make some space, and it's a great reminder of just how many cool connections are inside of it.

Unfortunately it also makes it a bit of a pain to take apart, haha.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Funny enough, Saturn V will probably be together for a long time for me because the tiny footprint makes it easy to put places like top of the speakers.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
My display of the Saturn V is just on my little IKEA coffee table, which is a little shorter than the set, haha.

I'd constantly knock the antenna off just walking next to it.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I need all those TLBM CMFs aghhhh

Are those the Wonder Twins? Aren't they supposed to have a monkey too or something?

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in sci-fi themed UCS-style MOCs ---- I purchased a bunch of the Star Wars ones from Anio, the Mortesv Nebulon B Medical Frigate and a few other Star Wars ones, but have yet to purchase parts for them.

I also picked up the instructions and also all parts for a UCS Viper Mk II from Battlestar Galactica, courtesy of the recommendations from the original LEGO community thread.

What other UCS-style MOCs do you all know of and recommend? Interested in those that have instructions & parts lists available for purchase, and that have a space or sci-fi theme. Particuarly interested in:

Star Wars
Battlestar Galactica
Alien
Real-life space vehicles (like the Expedition, Saturn V etc)

Oct 27, 2017
I also still really want that Colonial Viper MOC. It looks so great. The designer is also working on a Cylon Raider.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Don't know if you guys have a place called "Five Below" but I was there a few days ago and they had an entire wall of Dimensions stuff for 5 dollars each. It was a sea of Chima, which I had no interest in, but I managed to find a Gimli in the pile, so that's what I picked up.