• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
This hasn't made it here yet, but Simpsons House is $160 on Amazon and Walmart.

I want it but might play "how low can it go?"

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be nice to know what was on sale for brick Friday before getting something for double vip. I hate that Lego's BF stuff doesn't leak.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
In the UK, Smyths Toys seems to have some early BF discounts that look pretty good as far as RRP is concerned, although I don't know if they stack up to any other deals that are around currently.

BB-8: £65 (£20 off RRP)
Destiny's Bounty (£85, £25 off RRP; I have noticed the same price in John Lewis)
UCS Snowspeeder: £135 (£35 off RRP)
UCS Slave 1: £160 (£20 off RRP)

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
I also got the Spider-Man/Hobgoblin/Ghost Rider set at Target for cheap like it was mentioned before. That Ghost Rider and bike are awesome.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
High quality pictures of the upcoming TLBM wave. I think they all look great, very glad we got this extra wave!

uWsRr8p.jpg

dtepVwW.jpg
lzBMI4s.jpg

3HgcetF.jpg

rkwYAyn.jpg

Should I keep spoilering images in the future?
Glad to see that they look like small sets, means they shouldn't be too expensive. Have they announced pricing yet?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see that they look like small sets, means they shouldn't be too expensive. Have they announced pricing yet?

brickset doesn't have anything, So I guess not. guessing $12 buggy, $20 egghead, $30 harley (which probably means it'll be 40 because i always undervalue cars), $30 justice league party, and ten dollars more than whatever the last equivalent city spaceshuttle cost for the bat shuttle.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
The European shop.lego.com also says that the Nutcracker freebie (with purchases over €65) is starting on 23rd November, but is only available for 5 days.

It looks a bit weird to me, nowhere near as good as last year's snow globe.

bfcm-teaser-nutcracker--201711--em--2up-tall-foreground

My parents were into nutcrackers for xmas decoration. I think that is a fantastic representation of a nutcracker aside from it being a bit blocky in the head and body (which is expected and gives it the LEGO feel)..
If a person isn't into real nutcrackers, then obviously this wouldn't be his/her cup of tea. I'm not into nutcrackers myself.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon uk has some nice prices today picked up some smaller sets for the boys Christmas

Robo explorer was £12 and the ninjago city chase around £8

Kjellevirus

Oct 28, 2017
What are you guys expectations on The Joker Manor and Taj Mahal selling out? Will it go quickly like some of the latest sets?

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What are you guys expectations on The Joker Manor and Taj Mahal selling out? Will it go quickly like some of the latest sets?

I really don't see either selling out. I actually feel like there's a good chance Joker Manor could be an Arkham Asylum/60's Batcave situation and see heavy discounts. It's part of the reason I'm having second thoughts trying to get it right away.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got this in mail today.

6VR9792.jpg

It has a decent little poster
0C9Lt7s.jpg

And of course the (not so)Giant Man fig
WDZFlWC.jpg

3BmXe9c.jpg

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Working on the Winter Holiday Train with my daughter. Worked out nicely that bag 1 had its own instructions.

I'm not used to all these train pieces - haven't seen any of these in my precious Star Wars sets.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nice, let us know how the performance is on the Switch version. This has an open-world/hub right?

Quick impressions,it's pretty damn good. I don't have the PS4 version to compare but on Switch it looks damn slick. I haven't reached the Hub world yet but so far it seems to be no different than the other versions in content. GoTG are cool and the first level boss surprised me as a comic fan and I was like "No freaking way". I see the character unlock screen and it's so freaking unbelievably huge.

My one complaint so far is why does Tony Stark sound like Batman?

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quick impressions,it's pretty damn good. I don't have the PS4 version to compare but on Switch it looks damn slick. I haven't reached the Hub world yet but so far it seems to be no different than the other versions in content. GoTG are cool and the first level boss surprised me as a comic fan and I was like "No freaking way". I see the character unlock screen and it's so freaking unbelievably huge.

My one complaint so far is why does Tony Stark sound like Batman?

I don't think they have a large pool of voice actors that they go to. So Bruce/Tony would be a close parallel in "type" of character/character actor I guess?

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they have a large pool of voice actors that they go to. So Bruce/Tony would be a close parallel in "type" of character/character actor I guess?

It's really jarring. In previous Lego games they tried to find someone close to RDJ and tried to imitate him as much as possible. Like whoever they got for Starlord in this it's clear they are trying to imitate Chris Pratt and his character. This performance of Tony Stark is just weird. It's a low gravely brooding voice and it doesn't fit. Also they gave him that stupid new Lego helmet design.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
vrrKVbh.jpg

This was posted this morning on a Chinese LEGO fan social media site.

The debate is ongoing as to whether it is real or faked, or a knock-off, but apparently those 5-petal flower pieces are from an unlreleased 2018 Friends set...

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be the same size as brick bank. Guess they're continuing the trend of making them smaller and smaller. Pet shop feels big now, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
vrrKVbh.jpg

The debate is ongoing as to whether it is real or faked, or a knock-off, but apparently those 5-petal flower pieces are from an unlreleased 2018 Friends set...

Only thing that seems off about that Diner is the faces of the minifigs.

Hmm. The mini figures are throwing me off. And while I really, really like the aesthetic of the building here with the curves, the upper section looks a little basic compared to most other modulars.
But man, that diner window is awesome looking.

Oct 26, 2017
New flower parts and the VW fender in turqoise (btw, wasn't this colour retired and supposed to return now anyway?) says that it's real. It just looks like they decided to stop using the blank faces.

The arrangement at the top of the walls is something Jamie would probably do too. Sticking the ratchet clip through that bar piece reminds me of how the Town Hall roof handled the castle windows. The walls are pretty complex too, it's all tiles on the new SNOT parts. Probably yellow ones to work around corners.

It's kind of funny how is changes the time period. Some people will be really upset about that, I bet.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
omg finally! I LOVE the wraparound window and everything about that rounded turquoise molded window running up the side. And I dig the overall color scheme.

Like a lot of people, I have my modulars on a shelf with no room to spare, so including a car is meh. I mean whatever, but it's just going into a parts bin so I'd rather they put the pieces to use elsewhere. Not sure how I feel about the decision to abandon the plain heads. I mean on the one hand I have like 60 of those heads at this point, but the consistency was nice in this series IMO.

I'll be getting this asap of course.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
vrrKVbh.jpg

Please be real. Looks great, though it breaks a bit with the style of the others. (But DO did that too imo)

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all weren't kidding about the default speed for the motor being fast. Had a train derailment because I plugged the receiver into itself and the motor directly into the battery box.

And that modular is 10/10 for me. Bring it on.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017

Dancey Dave

Nov 4, 2017
This is awesome! Me and my SO actually want to get into building LEGO sets. We went to Target and picked up a Star Wars tank thingie and it was a lot of fun to build. We made a few mistakes and it took us a couple hours to build so it's a great time waster. Anyone know of some nice starter sets that take a while to build? Did not know about the LEGO VIP I will definitely be subscribing to it. Subbed

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
vrrKVbh.jpg

Let the debate continue...

Real

- Too good for something knock-off company can design on their own IMO. If a knock-off of an AFOL design, LEGO community will identify it very soon.
- Rumor 5-petal flower pieces are from an unlreleased 2018 Friends set
- LEGO could have removed the generic face print standard after the 10th anniversary modular. Timing is right for a change like that.

Not Real

- Not using classic generic face print.

Last edited:

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, is there a Mister Miracle minifig?????

As Ponn said, most likely a custom or knockoff.
The fact that the guy posting it in his twitter feed is a DC publicist could lead one to think he may have gotten it from LEGO before it was released. If that was the case, likely we would have heard some rumor of a Mr. Miracle minifig already.