• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Since Wetwired probably wouldn't post this himself, here's an post about him regarding his X-File custom minfigs on The Brothers Brick.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017...ion-mulder-scully-lego-minifigures-interview/

19803312620_a4abf80ae4_q.jpg

Mulder and Scully with Mulder and Scully! by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I really like the Diner modular from that pic. It depends if future modulars will also fit that look, or if its a one off. I think it will look odd next to the existing ones.

However that technic Mack truck looks AMAZE BALLS!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's cool they 'reset' the era (lol) after 10 years. Feels like a new start. It's very convenient for me too, as my current modular street is full. With this one I can start a new street somewhere else in the house.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Love the Diner! Really cool look to it that differentiates it from the others nicely.

As much as I like the Modular line, the last several didn't really appeal much to me (detectives office is kinda similar to Pet Shop IMO, brick bank didn't seem that special but I'll get it if it's on sale, and Assembly Square is big, but I'm not in love with its look).

Stuff like Ninjago City (not technically a modular I know) and now this Diner have cool looks that really appeals to me.

EDIT: Is the Nutcracker only available this weekend, or is it just an early offer for VIPs and you can still get it next week during the Black Friday deals?

Last edited:

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I love the diner, I don't think the modular line was ever truly themed to a specific time period, it's just how they worked out in the main, there's been plenty of stuff that doesn't "fit" really. The bold colours of the diner would really bridge the gap to Ninjago City if you have that in your street too.

The Technic stuff as well, wow! 2017 was horrible for Technic, everything was dull or hilariously overpriced, which for a 40th anniversary celebration is pretty lame. I can see myself buying all of those sets linked above though.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Advice please, guys. I want to get Ninjago City. Should I get it this weekend for double points or should I wait for next friday (Black Friday)? Even if NC would not be on sale maybe there will be some other interesting deals to spend my money on. Do we know which will be the deals?

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Advice please, guys. I want to get Ninjago City. Should I get it this weekend for double points or should I wait for next friday (Black Friday)? Even if NC would not be on sale maybe there will be some other interesting deals to spend my money on. Do we know which will be the deals?

I wouldn't count on "great" S@H sales. The last truly great one was the Bwing for 50% off. The rest have been nothing better than you can normally get on other sets through the year. If you're not using Vip points I'd get Ninjago City this weekend.

Mr Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Still keep poring over the pic of the Diner. I enjoy a lot of the detail (especially that big turquoise window shaped like a jukebox!) but i keep seeing suspicious details, like the unfinished looking door (it has that "jim's" sticker/printing on it though), and the Diner letters are great but also look potentially flimsy? Also really like the pale yellow wall bricks, but then the gaps between each layer look so pronounced, and I can't see how it works with the plates that would make up the floor/ceiling between floors two and three.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Probably late to the party but Argos are doing BB8 for £65.

Oct 26, 2017
Still keep poring over the pic of the Diner. I enjoy a lot of the detail (especially that big turquoise window shaped like a jukebox!) but i keep seeing suspicious details, like the unfinished looking door (it has that "jim's" sticker/printing on it though), and the Diner letters are great but also look potentially flimsy? Also really like the pale yellow wall bricks, but then the gaps between each layer look so pronounced, and I can't see how it works with the plates that would make up the floor/ceiling between floors two and three.

The floor layers may be using brackets instead of SNOT bricks.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
The front side of floor 2/3 is most probably made of a vertical plate with rows of tiles put on it. This is held in place by bricks with studs on side or brackets. This is consistent with how the grey arches protrude from the facade.

Mr Mike

Oct 25, 2017
The front side of floor 2/3 is most probably made of a vertical plate with rows of tiles put on it. This is held in place by bricks with studs on side or brackets. This is consistent with how the grey arches protrude from the facade.

Ah yes, that would make sense - would be an interesting build.

Ryuuroden

Oct 25, 2017
I like the dinner a lot. Would be cool if the previous was 1940s that this is now 1950's. That is if there really is a time period. Just avoid the brutalist and Soviet style architecture.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Been spending this weekend trying to work on my motors project for my circuits class as school. We have to assemble a simple magnetic motor and get it to work. The kits are fine, but I was trying to pull it off using just magnetic lego bricks. I got it to work for like one second, but I think the three magnets on the underside are futzing with the reed switch.
So tomorrow I kragle some powerful magnets to the sides of some bricks and get it to work that way.

My hope is I have enough power out of it to actually turn some technic gears and make it power something small too.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Palace Cinema $105 at Amazon GO NOW!

LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFXP3G2/?tag=era0f0-20

Thanks for the heads up. Must have gone fast at that price. All gone.

I think this Christmas season we will see a lot of good LEGO deals. Would probably be a good idea to put some Amazon pricewatchers on sets that people want for flash sales like that Palace Cinema. I saw nothing on the LEGO blog feeds about that Palace Cinema sale.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I like the dinner a lot. Would be cool if the previous was 1940s that this is now 1950's. That is if there really is a time period. Just avoid the brutalist and Soviet style architecture.
holy crap. I missed town hall. this has made me realize that when I MOC my own town hall I need to emulate boston city hall and get myself something nice and brutalist for the lego city whose police force is a dozen copies of batman.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Double VIP order placed at last minute for Destinys Bounty and some Lego wrapping paper. That will put me at $105 VIP points towards Hogwarts castle.

Ryuuroden

Oct 25, 2017
Just went into contract to build a new house. Lego spending is going to take a hit for a bit at least till 2019. Gonna get the next modular and ask for the other exclusives I'm missing as gifts or trade sets I currently have and do not want. Sucks that the exclusive stuff is getting more and more expensive. Fortunately I have almost 100 dollars in points to use. I'm going to make an awesome Lego basement over the next few years!

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Just went into contract to build a new house. Lego spending is going to take a hit for a bit at least till 2019. Gonna get the next modular and ask for the other exclusives I'm missing as gifts or trade sets I currently have and do not want. Sucks that the exclusive stuff is getting more and more expensive. Fortunately I have almost 100 dollars in points to use. I'm going to make an awesome Lego basement over the next few years!
Congrats on new house.
My spending this year is going to be extremely minimal/non existent. Maybe the year after as well. The drop down to part time hours means drastic cut in pay, then all my money going to school means no LEGO money.

Hoping in the next year or two my wife and I move into a house and I can get a larger LEGO room. Right now I have a small dedicated room, but would love a huge basement or something to do bigger displays.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Going to be getting a house myself by February, so my LEGO spending will probably be pretty minimal also.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Palace Cinema $105 at Amazon GO NOW!

LEGO Creator 10232 Palace Cinema https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFXP3G2/?tag=era0f0-20

What a steal.

Awesome - a Lego basement is the stuff of dreams!

I'll be in the market for a house either next year or the year after, but we'll have to buy near a school for the kids and its expensive there, so I doubt its going to have a Lego room. But if I had a house without a budget, I'd get at least 8 or 9 bedrooms, 1 for my wife and I, 2 for the kids, 1 study, 1 video games room, 1 PC room with 2 steering wheels and driver seats, 1 VR Room, 1 lego room, 1 guest room and a storage room to fit all the Lego boxes.

EDIT: board games will have to be on the kitchen table :p

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
vrrKVbh.jpg

This was posted this morning on a Chinese LEGO fan social media site.

The debate is ongoing as to whether it is real or faked, or a knock-off, but apparently those 5-petal flower pieces are from an unlreleased 2018 Friends set...
Waoh, missed this! Getting major Back to the Future vibes, love it (hoping it's true)! Shame the Cadillac is so short though.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So LEGO-Era, any chance I'm going to be able to find a Women of NASA set for MSRP before xmas or should I just bite the bullet and but it for $40 off Amazon? At least it's not that much more expensive I guess.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
The Diner looks meh to me. It is true that Lego City is the safest place with all the police, unless you live in 1930 lego city.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, is Lego Worlds on Switch good, or no? Half considering giving it a shot for Black Friday...

I got it digitally because it seemed like one of those games I would randomly boot up and mess around with. I haven't played a lot of it but what I have looked good and ran good. Definitely getting that Minecraft vibe off it but with some direction so far. It also comes with the dlc so that's a bonus, I want to mess around the Monsters stuff.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
vrrKVbh.jpg

This was posted this morning on a Chinese LEGO fan social media site.

The debate is ongoing as to whether it is real or faked, or a knock-off, but apparently those 5-petal flower pieces are from an unlreleased 2018 Friends set...

Oh baby! I need this to be true. Was gonna use my VIP points towards Brick Bank but I'm definitely holding off now. Would much rather have a 50s diner first.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

gsrjedi

Oct 26, 2017
So LEGO-Era, any chance I'm going to be able to find a Women of NASA set for MSRP before xmas or should I just bite the bullet and but it for $40 off Amazon? At least it's not that much more expensive I guess.

Do you have a Lego store nearby. I stopped by my local one this weekend and they had some in stock.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, is Lego Worlds on Switch good, or no? Half considering giving it a shot for Black Friday...

It gets repetitive quick, but once you unlock the ability to go to different user-created worlds, it's more 'fun'.

It's mostly Minecraft meets LEGO, but with more story and less "survival game crafting".

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am super feeling that diner, that could be really neat!

Any word on the new creator sets? Keen to see if we get another sort-of-modular this year to go with the bike shop, town house, sandwich shop, etc.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I am super feeling that diner, that could be really neat!

Any word on the new creator sets? Keen to see if we get another sort-of-modular this year to go with the bike shop, town house, sandwich shop, etc.

brickset is biilling a couple things as "mini modulars" of the 2018 sets it's got posted, but if that skate house thing is any indication, they're using mini-modular as a general tag for the 3 in 1 buildings, not things that fit together into a street. "modular winter vacation" has no picture up but i'm assuming it's also just a random 3 in 1 building.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator/year-2018

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Damn it, I missed it again!
I don't know if you can still do it, but I got the Saturn V early from Barnes and Noble by doing a custom order.

You give them the UPC number or something and they'll order it for you from the store. They'll even ship it to your home if you want.
But again, I'm not 100% sure if you can do that with already released stuff, but it might be worth a shot.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
brickset is biilling a couple things as "mini modulars" of the 2018 sets it's got posted, but if that skate house thing is any indication, they're using mini-modular as a general tag for the 3 in 1 buildings, not things that fit together into a street. "modular winter vacation" has no picture up but i'm assuming it's also just a random 3 in 1 building.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Creator/year-2018

Lego started to use the term modular for their creator houses in 2017 to indicate that several builds can be combined into a huge house, each set bring modular in the sense they combined with the others to form that house.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Just got the email from Lego (UK) about Black Friday, looks like Big Ben is gonna be on sale for 20% off so I guess this is the time I pick that up! There's a few sets more than there was on the previous list. BOOST is there now too.

No mention of double VIP points though.