• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Haven't bought a LEGO set since the original Bionicles. Thinking of picking up the LEGO Cinderella Castle this Christmas. Put it right next to my Cinderella Castle 3D puzzle.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Now I want this....

complete-flesh.jpg

https://minifigs.me/shop/star-trek-the-next-generation-full-set-custom-minifigure-set/

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
It's so nice to have this to read through again! Special thanks to PhoncipleBone for both the OT and everything on Discord/Twitter!

Today is the day we hear about the new modular (I hope).

Last edited:

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
long time lurker , just recently got into Lego a few months back.
its been very costly but so far no regrets.

having a lego backlog is a bit scary however.

Ryuuroden

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back everyone. Thanks to massive work from many of our longtime posters we were able to gather many of our community back together. We were able to save both long time posters and long time lurkers. For those who we were not able to get to our dicord in time, you have not been forgotten, we are still keeping an eye out for you. Our Lego community is now stronger and more linked than we have ever been before.

Extremely special thanks goes to phonciplebone who took the lead on getting in contact with resetera staff and fought hard on getting our community included in the process. I know he gave up a lot of his own time to get as many of our members over here as possible in a tight timeframe. Thanks also goes to the other moderators and users who also contributed in all ways they could during the process.

We are looking forward to new participation from long time lurkers and long time posters alike in this new era for our community. To those of you still trying to make your way here, we look forward to seeing you again Thanks all for your hard work and everything really is awesome.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
It's Friday! What are you building this weekend?!

I will probably get around to my Jakku Quadjumper. But Mario Odyssey is going to take some serious free time this weekend.

My birthday is Monday. We'll see if the wife and kids bring me something new to build. Since my wife is involved, I doubt it. I'm supposed to be storing some stuff (ran out of space - have a Scuttler attacking the Parisian Restaurant and a Star Destroyer parked on top of the Kwik-E-Mart - it's madness).

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
I keep meaning to tear down and rebuild a MOC modular to fit in better with the rest of them; but like you my time is likely going to be heavily impacted by games (namely AC:O).

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
How quickly do we reckon Women of Nasa is going to sell out? As per family Christmas-time rules, I can't buy myself anything from November-December. I've dropped enough hints but not sure the wife will be refreshing the store like I would be :P

On another note, found the Saturn V at Fenwicks in Canterbury and so snapped it up :D It's another Christmas present, so I'll have to wait a couple of months.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
Carousel , hope its as big as i thought it is :)
It is quite big. But also highly repetitive as there are lot of copies of most sub constructions. But that is kind on inevitable based on the source...

How quickly do we reckon Women of Nasa is going to sell out? As per family Christmas-time rules, I can't buy myself anything from November-December. I've dropped enough hints but not sure the wife will be refreshing the store like I would be :P
Just buy it and store it in case they miss :D And in case they buy it for you, you will get a present for somebody else later. I doubt there are no worthy recipients in your surrounding either for the LEGO value or the "women motivational value" of that set...

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just buy it and store it in case they miss :D And in case they buy it for you, you will get a present for somebody else later. I doubt there are no worthy recipients in your surrounding either for the LEGO value or the "women motivational value" of that set...

That is very true but she'll know! I could always get it combined with the newest Winter Village set to disguise it... that will work XD

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted to chime in: Great OP and glad my go-to-LEGO place is back :)

Still wondering what to get next: modulars (Palace cinema before out of stock), expansions to my Ninjago CIty (Bounty's Destiny) or christmas stuff :/

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of 2x , 3x and so on builds?

thats great because i will be building it with my wife
oh, those puny 2-3x :D the last bag goes up to 12x as the circle is split in 12 sections ;)
The rotating floor is also repeated, but due to mounting of the animals/stairs the sections differ a little bit.
The base is symmetrical,but mostly you get to put multiple bricks in one step and not sub-assemblies.
Main column is also symmetrical with repeated steps.
Also the animals are independent builds, so with digital instructions they can be split and made synchronously.
And prepare for the aliment of 20+ stickers on round 2x2 tiles.

Generally it is probably mostly enjoyed as a joint build...

Last edited:

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
First post - might as well make it a giveaway.

I have a sealed package of these Ninjago pieces - given to me by a family member. Not the book, just the pieces. I don't even build w/ Lego anymore so I thought I'd give it to someone who'd appreciate it and I found this thread. There are some cool pieces in the set - 156 total. If you're in the U.S. just Paypal me the shipping ($5, I guess) and it's yours. GAF Plus Seller, btw. First to quote get it!

Last edited:

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to chime in: Great OP and glad my go-to-LEGO place is back :)

Still wondering what to get next: modulars (Palace cinema before out of stock), expansions to my Ninjago CIty (Bounty's Destiny) or christmas stuff :/

Palace Cinema for sure. You'll regret it if you don't. EOL was announced, what, two months ago? Clock is ticking.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently ordered a Saturn V set (only $119.00!) on amazon. I may take up this hobby again judging by the enjoyment I get from the Saturn V build.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
My brother bought me the Mindstorms EV3!! Should be here tomorrow!! AWESOME!!

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question. I have a 3 year old son, and he's really into firetrucks and racecars, that sort of things and he loves his Lego's.

At what age would be best for me to introduce him to the Lego City and the like, he only plays with big pieces, called Lego Duplo here, and the offer is small on those sets.

Thanks LEGO ERA.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question. I have a 3 year old son, and he's really into firetrucks and racecars, that sort of things and he loves his Lego's.

At what age would be best for me to introduce him to the Lego City and the like, he only plays with big pieces, called Lego Duplo here, and the offer is small on those sets.

Thanks LEGO ERA.

Hi. It depends on two factors:

- if he is old enough to not put objects in his mouth (even older children that are past the oral phase still do that sometimes, and is a risk with small pieces).

- if he already developed the small dexterity with his hand and is able to manipulate small objects easily (unless he will be frustrated).

Those factors varies from child to child. My daughter is 4 and a half years old, love her Duplo castles, and I just introduced her to her first Junior set (also a princess castle). She still struggles with the small pieces a little, but is getting there.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still need to pick up Assembly Square (black friday double vip or whatever, it's happening) but I'm starving with anticipation for the 2018 modular reveal. I can't believe they seem to have gotten so good with leaks lately! Idk why but the first reveal of the big sets is actually way more exciting than actually getting them to me.

also yay new thread <3

BlockLogo

Oct 26, 2017
I have around $300 to spend on Big Lego. It will probably be my last big purchase(s) this year. What do I do? My options are:

Assembly Square
Ninjago City
Temple of Airjitzu + Destiny's Bounty

Or hang tight and wait for one of the upcoming big releases

Pls halp

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I have around $300 to spend on Big Lego. It will probably be my last big purchase(s) this year. What do I do? My options are:

Assembly Square
Ninjago City
Temple of Airjitzu + Destiny's Bounty

Or hang tight and wait for one of the upcoming big releases

Pls halp
Of that group, Airjitzu wins. Airjitzu + Bounty is way too stacked.
The other sets are great, but airjitzu alone is best one. Bounty is tip top too, so that combo wins easily in my book.

But I am biased to Airjitzu.