• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
What sorcery is this on the side windows of the second floor of the Diner?!
Not connected with studs, yet recessed less than a jumper plate would, and completely locked in and stable.
I mean, I saw where it was going before putting in the bracing piece, but it is a brilliant connection used here.

And on the first floor, how that side awning is constructed over he stairs. Clever, clever.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I just saw the Diner placed next to Assembly Square and it's the first time I've seen it blend nicely next to the other modulars.

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you!

I'm not quite sure what to make of the new ...
... all white (with a shade of blue) Millennium Falcon, and the Imperial TIE Fighter looks exactly the same as the one out of The Force Awakens set. I do like Yoda's little hut though.

The TIE is a classic one though. I'd much rather get that if I wanted one for my display, since the rest of my stuff is all OT.

BTW, it's starting to dawn on me that I have way too many minifigures when I can't track down one I know should be somewhere... one of these days I will have to just clear out the city and strip out every single figure, sort them, and then repopulate.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What sorcery is this on the side windows of the second floor of the Diner?!
Not connected with studs, yet recessed less than a jumper plate would, and completely locked in and stable.
I mean, I saw where it was going before putting in the bracing piece, but it is a brilliant connection used here.

And on the first floor, how that side awning is constructed over he stairs. Clever, clever.
Actually I did a guess at that last month
Ok toythatkills here is my very rough attempt at recreating those windows in LDD. I'm sure the final solution is more elegant, and boy did I have a hard time figuring out a way to secure the top arc, but here's a functional although not perfect way to do it using pretty standard pieces
6zM9cKx.png

PGER2Y0.png

Now with that question answered, I have a paper to work on. tell me what you guys think when you have the time

rdam

Oct 26, 2017
I just saw the Diner placed next to Assembly Square and it's the first time I've seen it blend nicely next to the other modulars.
I always wonder how much they take the rest of the series into consideration when designing the new one. Downtown Diner seems so drastically different im not sure it can gel with my Cafe Corner or Green Grocer.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Just gotta have your town separated by railroad tracks. One side you got your greasers and the other side your socs.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
DTAqmRkW4AAuIoV.jpg:large

Next 7 sets under consideration for Ideas. Not a great collection imo, apart from the seaside buildings (which I can't see passing, as it would set a weird precedent. Lego could turn it into a line though). I'm not sure any of these will pass. Maybe the pop-up book because of its originality. Or the Jaguar, which is my favourite of this bunch (and weirdly, hadn't seen it before. Been out of Ideas a bit lately)

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
DTAqmRkW4AAuIoV.jpg:large

Next 7 sets under consideration for Ideas. Not a great collection imo, apart from the seaside buildings (which I can't see passing, as it would set a weird precedent. Lego could turn it into a line though). I'm not sure any of these will pass. Maybe the pop-up book because of its originality. Or the Jaguar, which is my favourite of this bunch (and weirdly, hadn't seen it before. Been out of Ideas a bit lately)

Interesting group, personally I'd be happy with any of the beach buildings or the Jag. As you say though, the beach houses seem unlikely; surely if they were going to use those they'd just create a new line?

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm happy to see the demand for the seaside stuff. Hopefully OFS did well enough for them to consider doing a yearly line for them. Out of this selection though my guess would be the pop up book.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't post or discuss leaks here, you can cause problems for some people. Do it at the other place.

Rule of the thumb is if the leaks are everywhere on major sites it is kind of ok, but it is preferable to discuss it elsewhere.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Don't post or discuss leaks here, you can cause problems for some people. Do it at the other place.

Rule of the thumb is if the leaks are everywhere on major sites it is kind of ok, but it is preferable to discuss it elsewhere.
Yep, I tweeted a pic of the Thanos fig that had circulated everywhere at a friend who was thinking about buying the micro set with the Infinity Gauntletcar like 3 weeks ago and it just today got DMCA'd by LEGO.

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopping into this thread for the first time -

Does anyone know if that Millennium Falcon 75192 will ever come back in stock?

Keaner

Dec 21, 2017
Mike Psiaki giving a half hour presentation on the development of the Downtown Diner. It's great.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Mike Psiaki giving a half hour presentation on the development of the Downtown Diner. It's great.

Absolutely love this. I love seeing evolutions of projects and how they change over time.
And Psiaki talking about the side windows being what he is most proud of, and rightly so. That was so sorcery that is painfully obvious in retrospect.
It is also interesting that he said he looks at it different from Jamie Berard. Jamie looks at it as "What cool new part can I use a ton of?" Mike is all "How do things go together in different ways?"
Very cool. Thank you so much.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding leaks.
This is a text for the recognized fan communities - RLUGs (Recognized LEGO User Groups), Recognized Fan Media and Recognized online communities.
While Resetera is none of that, it can give an impression what kind of leaks are being watched.
My take is on how to be safe(ish):
- I'd say talking about the leaks should be OK.
- Direct pasting of leaked official texts and descriptions might not. Sometimes they are also sensitive to prices leaks.
- Embedding of images can be Trouble, more so if it is some IP related stuff, the most enforced being Disney's (Star Wars).
- Anything that appears on the recognized fan sites should be OK to link, but if in doubt don't embed. If it is a problem, LEGO will sort it out with them directly ... and link is dead. (how to know which are recognized ? most of the big ones are - Brickset, Eurobricks, ... anybody who gets sets for preview has to obey the brick overlord)
- posting links to Reddit, Youtube, Imgur, Instagram ... well, that can backfire, but on the other hand LEGO is known to have a reach there so hopefully they would go after the source if it is clear enough.

Sharing a direct link or images is a violation of the Novelty Policy.

Mentioning a site where the images can be found and talking about what's in the pictures is unavoidable but not something to be further enhanced by sharing it on the front-page and such. Talk in the community forums is fine and well within people's right. The thin line not to cross is where you - the Recognized Community itself or Ambassadors, enhance and share confidential information and/or pictures via your official channels' front-pages.

We have zero interest in preventing fans from talking or discussing, but we do not appreciate sharing of confidential images and to a certain degree information in a way where the perception suddenly is that a Recognized Community is the responsible party.

I'm hoping that this doesn't have to be about setting strict rules and descriptions of what can and can't be done - I'd rather this was a value and ethics discussion in which we could find common ground between "doing the right thing" and still being a passionate fan craving for news can merge into one mindset. Lots have happened in the past decade and a half and I'm sure we can continue the positive trend.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect to have my student loans paid off in June and Ninjago City will be my celebration gift to myself.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
While I understand going the extra mile to please the overlord when you're in a LUG, I wonder how much a standing Lego has if a forum report on something disclosed elsewhere... even if you propagate sensitive details like pictures...

On Eurobricks forum, I can understand, but here?

(Not saying I intend to do anything, just discussing the whole thing)

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
While I understand going the extra mile to please the overlord when you're in a LUG, I wonder how much a standing Lego has if a forum report on something disclosed elsewhere... even if you propagate sensitive details like pictures...

They're taking down anyone who even tweets a picture on an account with zero followers.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Poundland (in the UK) has had a restock of LEGO Dimensions fun packs at a fiver each. Before Christmas all I saw was Bart, BttF and Bad Cop, but this morning they've got Michael Knight, Wizard of Oz and a bunch of others. Obviously YMMV depending on your store, but worth a trip if you're after these. £5 takes them under 10ppp and is the cheapest I've ever seen 'em in the UK, beats all the BOGOF deals that other stores have from time to time.

Ryuuroden

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is if Lego finds images hosted here that have been ordered taken down elsewhere, resetera will most assuredly receive a DMCA and will most assuredly be put on the Lego ninja watch list and then your going to put more scrutiny on us.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
Poundland (in the UK) has had a restock of LEGO Dimensions fun packs at a fiver each. Before Christmas all I saw was Bart, BttF and Bad Cop, but this morning they've got Michael Knight, Wizard of Oz and a bunch of others. Obviously YMMV depending on your store, but worth a trip if you're after these. £5 takes them under 10ppp and is the cheapest I've ever seen 'em in the UK, beats all the BOGOF deals that other stores have from time to time.

Oh wow! Cheers for the heads up.

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Thanks for the heads-up! I grabbed the Knight Rider set as that was all my local one had out, will check back over the next few days.

I was spoilt this Christmas. My wife got me the Old Fishing Store which I finished on the 1st and my parents got me the Saturn V - building it with my old man so it may take a while :P

The "Lego Room" is pretty much back to normal now (became the room we dumped wedding stuff in) but I have a lot of sorting out of the display to do.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

I really need to stock-take and figure out what I'm missing.

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Stay away from Walmart if you value your wallet. Today I found Ragnarok Hela set, Y wing, U wing, Batwing, and Ocean Monument for 50% or more off.