• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped by my local Walmart and it was pretty well scrubbed clean of LEGO at this point. :(
Only thing they had on Small sale was Kyle Ren's Tie Fighter which I'm not interested enough in.

Wish I had heard about their clearance a little earlier. Not much I wanted, but if I could have gotten one or two more of the GOTG 2 sets for cheap I probably would have gotten them, and maybe that Batwing set.

I just did the same thing. Brickseek said they had 4 of the old TFA Millennium Falcon, but apparently Walmart's inventory tracker is a big fat liar. Supposedly most Walmarts around me have a bunch of the First Order Star Destroyer, but none have it marked down.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the Downtown Diner and man, this set is great. There are a few steps that are a bit difficult before things lock together, but this is truly a Psiaki build. Everything is calculated and comes together in weird ways, and the finished building looks like nothing before it. I'm immediately inspired to start a new street with 50's inspired stuff, even though I'm still out of space. I will seriously have to start demolishing stuff.

I think one way to describe this is that it looks really simple, almost plain. Then you look closer at the details and see all the stuff that looks impossible to actually put together. Then you actually do it, and see that it's actually really simple after all. This is not just a set, it's a master builder class. Both the different types of side windows use techniques that will be immensely helpful in future builds that I couldn't have thought of in a million years.

I'm not sure that I want to leave Jamie modulars behind, but if these guys could alternate every other year, we'd always get fresh stuff.

Not that I needed a nudge to buy it, but great write-up. Looking forward to it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wish I liked the look of the U-Wing more, that's a really great price though.

Now if Krennic's shuttle was available for ~$40 I'd be all over that! $70 for it right now doesn't seem bad though...

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
The only things my Walmart had today were the sea plane creator set and the beach minifig pack, both at half off. I bought the sea plane, it seems like a fun set.

I like the U-wing, but I don't live in a prime now area, and it's probably a good thing, been spending too much lately.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I finished the Downtown Diner and man, this set is great. There are a few steps that are a bit difficult before things lock together, but this is truly a Psiaki build. Everything is calculated and comes together in weird ways, and the finished building looks like nothing before it. I'm immediately inspired to start a new street with 50's inspired stuff, even though I'm still out of space. I will seriously have to start demolishing stuff.

I think one way to describe this is that it looks really simple, almost plain. Then you look closer at the details and see all the stuff that looks impossible to actually put together. Then you actually do it, and see that it's actually really simple after all. This is not just a set, it's a master builder class. Both the different types of side windows use techniques that will be immensely helpful in future builds that I couldn't have thought of in a million years.

I'm not sure that I want to leave Jamie modulars behind, but if these guys could alternate every other year, we'd always get fresh stuff.
Preach!
Dem windows!
And one build I didn't throw praise at is the diner counter. The grill hood is aces as well.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ship in a Bottle comes out only a few days after the 60th Anniversary promotion, is that promo likely to be in stock for that long?

Really want to get that promo set, but I've been waiting for the Ship In a Bottle set too...
Would be nice to kill 2 birds with one stone, you know? But I don' w to chance not getting the anniversary set.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
DTAqmRkW4AAuIoV.jpg:large

Next 7 sets under consideration for Ideas. Not a great collection imo, apart from the seaside buildings (which I can't see passing, as it would set a weird precedent. Lego could turn it into a line though). I'm not sure any of these will pass. Maybe the pop-up book because of its originality. Or the Jaguar, which is my favourite of this bunch (and weirdly, hadn't seen it before. Been out of Ideas a bit lately)

I only see the Pop-Up book having a chance. LEGO would have to throw in some exclusive printed minifigs or something for me to buy it. Don't get me wrong. I love the pop-up book and hope it gets made, but it seems like something I can make with the parts I already have with a copy of the instructions.

Sephiroth503

Oct 26, 2017
Have Destiny's Bounty and Assembly Square to put together at the moment. Really looking forward to digging into them.

I look back on my childhood and think how much Lego I might have had if I was only earning a wage as a kid!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
^Good God, is that a TJ Maxx or something?

I remember last year around this time (I think) Fred Meyers in my area had Star Wars sets for 20% off and the sale went on for at least a few weeks. If they do that again this year (and the prices are marked up) there might be several I'd want to get on sale.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
^Good God, is that a TJ Maxx or something?

I remember last year around this time (I think) Fred Meyers in my area had Star Wars sets for 20% off and the sale went on for at least a few weeks. If they do that again this year (and the prices are marked up) there might be several I'd want to get on sale.
It's Walmart. They've been aggressively clearing out the retiring sets for a couple weeks now, but the prices are in store only and the vast majority of stores are picked clean by now. There are probably a few deals left if you're willing to travel though.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha, wish I had heard about that sale earlier. Need to remind myself next year about the New Year LEGO purge that stores seem to do.

I think I've nailed down what I'm getting in order to get the 60th Anniversary giveaway set.
-Ship in a Bottle (need to wait a few days after the giveaway starts before the set comes out, so hopefully the giveaway doesn't sell out immediately)
-Women of NASA
-Wonder Woman Brickhead
-Millennium Falcon Microfighter
-4+ LEGO Batman Series 2 CMF

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Dang. I get myself so hyped up with Brickseek and the deals I see in here for that Walmart stuff. Brickseek showed 2 of the non-broken AT-ST sets for $15, but nope. Also had a Destiny's Bounty... but it wasn't at all discounted.

On the plus side, got that Batcave from the Lego Batman Movie for $40... and it'll probably end up going to my nephew for his birthday.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Gotcha, wish I had heard about that sale earlier. Need to remind myself next year about the New Year LEGO purge that stores seem to do.
If it makes you feel any better, I think you need to be extremely lucky or put in a lot of legwork to get much out of the Walmart sale. My local Walmarts were pretty much cleaned out of the most desirable sets before Christmas, I've been in a few times since the sales started and only picked up one small set.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense.

I went to a Target while I was on vacation the other week since they had the Milano in stock , but they were pretty much wiped clean of all other sets at the moment. The shelves were a wasteland at both Target and Walmart.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
There was a Google express deal posted on slickdeals - 20% off order up to 20$ so i went ahead and got the winter train set.

I also just built my copy of the toy and grocery shop from a few years ago - im hoping Lego brings back some more of the smaller 3 in 1 sets of business/city buildings rather than all these homes

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
The new sanctum sanctorum set looks awesome. I almost bought the old one yesterday before i saw the leak for half off but am glad i waited. Going to love fitting that in with my other buildings
Of course, I bought it a couple weeks ago in case it sold out...

The new one (if what I saw is correct) almost looks like a modular, fusing both and a bunch of pieces probably can do a really good corner building with some work.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original hulkbuster always felt a little off, which is why I didn't get it. The new one seems to have fixed its issues by adding shoulder armor and beefier, more movie accurate legs. Cant wait to get it.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
The original hulkbuster always felt a little off, which is why I didn't get it. The new one seems to have fixed its issues by adding shoulder armor and beefier, more movie accurate legs. Cant wait to get it.

I like it a lot more than the old one, but the amount of stickers used seems unfortunate. I'm also guessing it's going to be overpriced.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
How do we feel about Brickheads? Any really standout ones? Are they like POP's where we hate them?

Do we hate POPs?

I like both.

Oct 28, 2017
England
Rumours suggest that The Incredibles and DC Villains will be next up for TT Lego Games.

lego-dc-incredibles-1074515.jpeg

According to sources linked to WB, a LEGO video game based around Pixar's The Incredibles franchise is next on the slate. Rumoured to be titled 'LEGO Incredibles 2', the game is said to tie directly into the upcoming, long awaited sequel movie, which is set for a June 15h, 2018 release around the world. As of right now, details are sparse about the rumored project, but it doesn't take much to imagine what it could entail.

On the other hand, Warner Bros. is also said to be prepping a new LEGO game based around DC Comics characters. Whereas past games of this nature have focused on LEGO Batman and his fellow Justice League heroes, this rumoured title is said to be all about the villains of the DC universe. Again, few details about this apparent game are available thus far, but our sources are referring to the project as 'LEGO DC Villains' or 'LEGO DC Supervillains.' It's said to feature LEGO renditions of DC staples such as Harley Quinn, The Joker and Lex Luthor.

Both games are said to be in development at TT Games, which has served as the primary creative caretaker of the main LEGO games since LEGO Star Wars in 2004.

Probably not yet threadworthy until we can get a confirmation. Fingers crossed that Edna will be the pre-order minifig!

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017
The new sanctum sanctorum set looks awesome. I almost bought the old one yesterday before i saw the leak for half off but am glad i waited. Going to love fitting that in with my other buildings

Yeah it looks dope! I would love to make two separate buildings out of the set, but I would need to see some examples of it first. Great parts in the set as well.

Oct 28, 2017
England
No last Jedi game? :(

Doesn't look like we'll be getting one. TFA can now join the Lego Hobbit (which released after the second film, with its DLC for TBotFA never actually releasing) and Lego The Clone Wars (which contains material only up to season 2) games in the halls of incomplete Lego games. Lego Jurassic World will soon be able to join it, with a Fallen Kingdom sized whole heading this way.

Maybe that's what they're waiting on for the next LEGO Star Wars game.

Considering that Star Wars ain't slowing down anytime soon, I'll take Episodes 1-9 please. 500+ playable characters!

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I decided, gonna get the batwing tomorrow. I dont really have the space for it though, my shelves are all filled up horizontally. Vertically there's still space so I guess I could build a stand for it.

Nov 17, 2017
Finished the first floor of the Parisian Restaurant last night - What an awesome build it is so far! Love all the little details.

Can't get enough of these Modulars at the moment. Got both the Assembly Square and the Detective's Office to build after I finish this one so I've got plenty to keep me busy!

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for a deal on Destiny's Bounty online. I saw the huge discount Walmart has, but I can only buy online....

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, I bought it a couple weeks ago in case it sold out...

The new one (if what I saw is correct) almost looks like a modular, fusing both and a bunch of pieces probably can do a really good corner building with some work.

I am wondering if I should buy the old set to use it as an interior of a refited modular using the new set.

Does pictures of the back of the new set have been surfaced? Wondering how it is.