• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone here gone to SDCC and gotten Lego exclusives? What is the process? I finally got tickets to the con and I would like to try my luck with a Lego exclusive or two.
Wow, I'm moving down to San Diego in the next month and didn't even think about trying to get tickets to that.
Well maybe next year I can try to get tickets, and then try my luck at an exclusive set.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Even though Nexo Knights sounds like it's ending, they seem to have gone out with a bang. I am loving this Blacktron II style throwback for the villain sets this time around. There are only two vehicle sets for them in this wave in the Twinfector and Beserker Bomber, but I found a way to connect them both to make for a more menacing starship. Nostalgia engaged.

093.jpg

015.jpg

There is charm to these minifigures too, with some neat alternate face molds and accessory options. Don't like the helmet? You can turn it around for a different look and/or take out or add different horns to them. The knights got the better weapons but I just gave them to these guys. Trans green accessories on black, it just works. That is not a new hair mold on the far right, I grabbed it from an older Ninjago set. Roll out as a techno-vampire squad or go alternate faces and assimilate with your Borg army. These are the bad guys the Galaxy Squad deserved, and never got.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I like the basic concept of a "techno-vampire" ... :)

Yeah if i had room to display these i might grab em sometime down the road, i appreciate the blacktron vibe.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming it doesn't completely turn me off when I see it in person I'll probably get the ship in a bottle. So I just need another £30 to get the anniversary set - any recommendations? Is the women of nasa any good - cute little shuttle could look nice next to the big one.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm currently resisting the deals, partially cause my sister would bug me about it. I really need to find some time to do a custom build from the few sets I have with me. Bought her the Batman brickhead for 5 bucks as a little gift for her desk though and she was fine with that

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping my legos to large sets only. I actually kinda regret getting the black x-wing when it was half off. It's a cool set, but doesn't look like much next to modulars and Saturn V

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping my legos to large sets only. I actually kinda regret getting the black x-wing when it was half off. It's a cool set, but doesn't look like much next to modulars and Saturn V
While I agree, it's better next to UCS Falcon than UCS XWing/TIE (that are technic figs sized) So you know what to do next ;)

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to play Thanos and collect all the Infinity Stones by buying all of the Infinity War sets. Hulkbuster and Sanctum Sanctorum are the must get sets. I'll wait for at least 20% off on the other sets. What to do with 4 sets of Infinity Stone?

Here's a nice refresher of the Infinity Stones from the movies.
30561379220_3c8e68a570_z.jpg
***SPOILERS*** // Infinity Stones [MCU] [GROUP] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Last edited:

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
It all started with telling myself i only wanted the ultimate batmobile and the batwing and then that massive sale of lego sets happened and well this is now my damage.

gdANFpSh.jpg

RmgGOyHh.jpg

i also ordered the joker manor i think i have an addiction...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
My one disappointment with the Lego Batman movie was that there wasn't a wacky races segment, which I had assumed because of all the sets where they have vehicles.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Gaiaknight: Nice!!! Reminds me i really need to build my Scuttler some day... I actually got that set for that gorgeous Poison Ivy fig, the Scuttler was just bonus, turns out it's actually a decent looking set!

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Has the normal Lego Batman Movie Batmobile been getting involved in any of those clearances? Wanna get it for my nephew, and while all the Walmarts around me have them... still no discount...

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017
FYI there is a link to retailer catalog on reddit, most probably until people at TLG get to work and start blasting the retailer that put it online... or reddit ;)
Until then ... https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/search?q=Leaked+lego+2018+catalog&restrict_sr=on
Yeah I was just gonna post this. New 3-in-1 ice cream parlor (or something like that) that I haven't seen before. New hospital, new arctic explorers (with mammoth) and the mini figure pack of the year seem to be fun in the woods or something like that.

Did fun in the park retire btw? In that case I missed out on it...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
FYI there is a link to retailer catalog on reddit, most probably until people at TLG get to work and start blasting the retailer that put it online... or reddit ;)
Until then ... https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/search?q=Leaked+lego+2018+catalog&restrict_sr=on
Oooh, is that a new X-Wing? I know it's a low quality pic, but there's something about it I like better than the last batch of X-Wing that have come out.
The temp pic for the sandcrawler looks pretty rough, but hopefully it ends up as a decent set.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
It all started with telling myself i only wanted the ultimate batmobile and the batwing and then that massive sale of lego sets happened and well this is now my damage.

You are in the right place.

Oooh, is that a new X-Wing? I know it's a low quality pic, but there's something about it I like better than the last batch of X-Wing that have come out.
The temp pic for the sandcrawler looks pretty rough, but hopefully it ends up as a decent set.

The 2 CMF ones that state "April series" threw me off, but my high school Spanish came in handy. Harry Potter CMFs come out in Agosto (August) and Series 17 is in Abril (April) which is LEGO's usual release of CMFs every 4 months.

Surprised Artic theme is back so soon. That Wooly Mammoth though! Probably will cost $15-$20 on Bricklink.
Reminds me, I haven't gotten any of the jungle "cats" yet. I'm scared to see how much those cost on Bricklink since they come from larger pricey sets.

I'm screwed. I'm trying to ween off Ninjago, but seems like they have a couple more brick-built dragon sets. At this point I can only focus on one theme which is Super Heroes for me. I probably will end up mostly buying minifigs I like from other themes at aftermarket prices instead of buying the larger sets.

What's this BrickHeadz set, "Mi yo de ladrillos"? From the name it sounds like a set to build yourself or something?

Can't wait to see what minifigs besides Batman comes with the Brother Eye set. Probably the modern versions of OMAC...I probably shouldn't hold out for OMAC of the Jack Kirby days.

New hospital could be interesting. Also curious, they still putting out that white passenger train?

LEGO City needs hospitals from all those cop and robber car chases. Maybe if LEGO City had more schools and stores for people to work, crime may not be so rampant.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Surprised Artic theme is back so soon. That Wooly Mammoth though! Probably will cost $15-$20 on Bricklink.
Reminds me, I haven't gotten any of the jungle "cats" yet. I'm scared to see how much those cost on Bricklink since they come from larger pricey sets.

I'm screwed. I'm trying to ween off Ninjago, but seems like they have a couple more brick-built dragon sets.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the halftrack available from Amazon warehouse for ~$25, which isn't too bad, but I don't really like anything else in that set aside from the panther.

As for the dragons, they don't look as cool as the green one.

Oct 26, 2017
The constraction sets mostly shelfwarm around here, but man, those super droid and Clonetrooper sets will shelfwarm like never before! Unless you're a troop builder with an affinity for the PT, who wants those? Even if a kid wanted this kind of sets, surely they'd go for Boba Fett or Maul first?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The constraction sets mostly shelfwarm around here, but man, those super droid and Clonetrooper sets will shelfwarm like never before! Unless you're a troop builder with an affinity for the PT, who wants those? Even if a kid wanted this kind of sets, surely they'd go for Boba Fett or Maul first?
Lol, the Clone Trooper has a vehicle, so that's immidiatly my number one to get.

Still need to encounter Boba Fett in the wild, will grab that one asap.

I didn't really like constractions at first, and I still don't really enjoy building them. But I can't resist buying them for their posability and look.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
What's this BrickHeadz set, "Mi yo de ladrillos"? From the name it sounds like a set to build yourself or something?

The big cats go around 6-10 Euros for the last year one. The tiger being the most expensive. The other 2 are just little over the list price from Bricks & Pieces. I suggest to watch when the B&P reopens around early February as they state on page and try get the mountain lion and bear.

For the Brickheadz, there is rumor of some app enabled set that would convert your photo to Brickhead or something like that. The set should have something like 400+ pieces if I remember right, probably generic ones to allow universal builds.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are the only two I'm interested in lol, mainly cause they seem to have unique builds and aren't cookie cutter like the others

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure I've seen the halftrack available from Amazon warehouse for ~$25, which isn't too bad, but I don't really like anything else in that set aside from the panther.

As for the dragons, they don't look as cool as the green one.

Just the panther?

I want all the jungle "cats". Leopard ($10), Black Panther ($7), Mountain Lion ($12), and Tiger ($10) - prices based on Bricklink entries. Hard for me to pay $10 avg for each one, but the alternate is to buy the sets or hope they show up in cheaper sets someday. Hmm...I need the Black Bear too.

Mountain Lion not pictured below.
36526565221_8660ac8318.jpg

Felines parade by Alex THELEGOFAN, on Flickr

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to see some of the ship in a bottle builds on Reddit. It looks good! I think the front needed to be wider to still maintain the shape/length visually for different display angles. Different parts of the bottle lego pieces refract differently.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

gdANFpSh.jpg

RmgGOyHh.jpg

Similar situation over here. My wife and I have spoken about Lego sets for years but never pulled the trigger. I used to have a bunch when I was younger but gave everything away to family. In contrast, she's never had a set. Fast forward to us seeing the Lego Batman movie one day and she falls head over heels for them. Starts with her buying the Mr Freeze set so we can build it together and it escalates into..

Ne9vW7B.jpg

rLsZMc3.jpg

8QeHYzi.jpg

We have a few more minifigs coming this week to round out the Bat-family. Red Hood, Nightwing, Poison Ivy, Dick Grayson, Two Face, Black Canary & Deathstroke, but I'm trying my best not to pick up any more full sets. We don't have the space for this stuff. lol

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017

Wasn't this a project from one of our community members? Hope this nod gets it more votes, as this is one helluvah cool idea

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
No love for Ideas projects from previous round. Although quite a long talk in the video about the rule of not doing the Ideas based on something in the official pipeline and the silence that accompanies that. I doubt LEGO though of a Peru book :D so my bet would be the SW scene as part of bigger Cloud City set ;) or the Space Shuttle having a comeback (success of that Idea was doomed from start)
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/ee91ef13-2712-4f0b-82bc-da5a2f9e634d

5098916-Second_2017_Review_Results-vhMrsive38SzKg-thumbnail-full.png

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the leaked Jurassic World 2 sets. They're so...dinky. Someone please tell me they're planning some grand 25th anniversary Jurassic Park sets of the Visitors Center, or the Main Gate, or the T-Rex Paddock. Please, Lego. I mean why even bother with the license if you're just gonna make this crap?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the leaked Jurassic World 2 sets. They're so...dinky. Someone please tell me they're planning some grand 25th anniversary Jurassic Park sets of the Visitors Center, or the Main Gate, or the T-Rex Paddock. Please, Lego. I mean why even bother with the license if you're just gonna make this crap?
I am speculating here, but I don't think they have the licence to release sets based on the original film(s)

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
No love for Ideas projects from previous round. Although quite a long talk in the video about the rule of not doing the Ideas based on something in the official pipeline and the silence that accompanies that. I doubt LEGO though of a Peru book :D so my bet would be the SW scene as part of bigger Cloud City set ;) or the Space Shuttle having a comeback (success of that Idea was doomed from start)
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/ee91ef13-2712-4f0b-82bc-da5a2f9e634d

5098916-Second_2017_Review_Results-vhMrsive38SzKg-thumbnail-full.png

Wow, seeing how difficult it is to get an Ideas set approved, with so many factors, just makes Wetwired's Ecto-1 design all that more impressive to me.

Speaking of whom, I have not seen post here. Did he ever make the jump?

Nov 27, 2017
California
Has anyone here gone to SDCC and gotten Lego exclusives? What is the process? I finally got tickets to the con and I would like to try my luck with a Lego exclusive or two.

Late response but it's brutal haha
Be prepared to be frustrated for the morning raffle draws because sdcc doesn't fix the line ups and there's just one single line for everyone to get in the main door. From that line people are lining up for the 9:00 am opening of the expo hall, panels, raffles for funko , bandai , Lego and other stuff, it's jusy stupid, people just cut and it's chaos.

The mini figure line is easier since it's the only line formed for 12:30 pm
You'd just ask and someone will help since people line up for that at 9 am. Hopefully you are in the shade/ have liquid x games to play while waiting
If you line up past the back stairs then you already lost. I see people always line up from the sdcc expo hall to the Manchester hotel next to the Marriott, it's nuts.

It's a 50/50 chance too if you get a chance, you tap an iPad and it'll say congrats or sorry maybe next time

Waiting 3 hours to get an L sucked haha