• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Let's say I can only get one at first.....

Disclaimer: I've built all the modulars from Fire Brigade up to Assembly Square.
It says EnablerEra right there inthe title i don't know whatyou expected.
But if I'm being constructive, i have OFS and its adorable as hell but the buildis a tiny bit less fun than the modulars i own.i dont own dineryet, though

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, guys, after nearly two years out of the game (had a second child, moved, etc) and really cutting down my collection, I finally found the time and money to get back into the hobby.

Just ordered the Old Fishing Store. $130 on sale and coupled with a $10 gift card and 5% off through Target did it for me. Can not wait to build it!

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I imagine the fact that LEGO would have to write "piano does not make sound" on all the boxes and the threat of angry people who expected it to do that would make this a hard thing for Ideas to approve if it makes it that far.

It does great though.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ship in a Bottle down to $56 at Target and you get a $10 gift card on top of that. Glad I held off from the Walmart sale last week.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't realised it was coming back, but while watching the Bake Off final there was a brief trailer for a second series of Lego Masters; I rather enjoyed it last year, some great ideas.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's my issue with it. Would gladly buy the batmobile but the set is just sloppy and has a lot of pieces I would never use.

On a side note; my Old Fishing Store came from Target. I can't wait to start on it.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Improved the mechanism for my piano. Now 37 individual hammers, and a sustain bar operated by one of the pedals. 6 visible octaves, 34 studs wide.

BudzCB2.png

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man... I'm through all #2 bags in Old Fishing Store.... so good. Nothing incredible as far as technique, but it's an incredible parts pack. So many parts.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where? I can't bring it up on the US site. Only the EU sites.

Would love to get a LEGO shop since the store opening promo sets were always stupidly limited.

It's weird, it's not on the US site which is why I was surprised. Store manager said certain stores got a case and that's in-store only. I was happy for the same reasons you were.

This store was Sugarloaf Mills in Atlanta, GA. They're the highest-grossing store in the US (I'm told) so that may be why.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: double post

Edit 2: How is there not more talk about the sales at Target? It's ridiculous, 20% off of most sets and the free $10 GC with $50 purchase. I'm doing damage.

Last edited:

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
It's weird, it's not on the US site which is why I was surprised. Store manager said certain stores got a case and that's in-store only. I was happy for the same reasons you were.

This store was Sugarloaf Mills in Atlanta, GA. They're the highest-grossing store in the US (I'm told) so that may be why.

The store in SF is temp closed due to water damage. :(

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Made a separate thread because it's pretty newsworthy, but wanted to drop a link in here for those that don't skim EtcetEra.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/le...n-china-against-counterfeit-lepin-sets.79250/

Finally.

Not that that won't stop Lepin changing the box cover and rearranging certain elements to sell them all over again. I wonder what those 18 sets are though. The amount that LEGO shall receive in damages is pathetically low though, at 'just' $649,000.

It's a surprisingly similar story to those (cheap) replica Matchbox cars that were manufactured in Spain, which nearly singlehandedly killed the Matchbox brand years and years ago...

Anyhoo, just a heads up for UK LEGO fans!

You can buy the Hogwarts Castle set and receive double VIP points for a limited time, and you can get the rather cool looking Diagon Alley set (if you spend over £80) too.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently looking at spending £60+ for the Marvel Bricktober set on eBay. Looking around I cannot see any mention of it being released in the UK, does anyone know if this is still the case because I'd rather not pay that much money for four minifigures.

EDIT: Got them for 33 Euros from Amazon.de which isn't such an outrageous markup.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Here The Sets List that TLG Sue Lepin.

14012 Nexus Knights Rumble Blade
14008 Nexo Knights King's Mecha
06025 Ninja Bike Chase
06024 Cole's Dragon
06027 Elemental Dragon
06026 Sky Shark
14005 Evil Mobile
14006 Fortrex
14011 Queen Capture
14007 Merlok Library
04009 Fire Lion
06020 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty
06019 Titan Mechs
14004 Chaos Chariot
14003 Lava Smasher
14002 Mecha Horse
04024 King escue
04022 Rumble Bear

All of Them is Retried Product

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
And all of them are LEGO IPs, no licensed ones, which makes sense since the other brands would have to be co-authors of the action against Lepin. All retired now probably because the length of the judgment.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So Barnes and Noble is not selling the Harry Potter minifig set.

It is a freebie if you spend more than $75 on LEGOs in store on Nov 17.

Between that and the Daigon Alley freebie from the official shop, it sounds like Nov is going to be a good month for HP fans.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
blah. gotta pick what purchases i'm gonna be stupid with for the upcoming freebies.

There's the diagon alley set. there's 1 or 2 christmas sets?

i'm hyped for the HP sets this year, but i'm also concerned about missing modulars and old WV sets. so i'm deciding between detective's office/ WV train station+ train and more recent releases for the varous freebies.

*side note: wow i have spent so much time in the politics and election threads lately that WV the state has claimed this acronym in my brain. WV Train station with NEW coal miner and Joe Manchin minifigures!

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Would any thread regulars care to give my piano a critical appraisal before I submit it for the Bricklink AFOL design competition? Even build some of the working parts to confirm I'm not a madman? Or build the whole thing, if you're awash in Lego (cough WetWired cough). I'd appreciate a second opinion! Thanks :)

5ddD6fw.png

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
My son is looking to get LEGO Boost from Santa this Christmas. I checked yesterday on the online LEGO store (EU) and they don't have a Christmas promotion on yet. I was hoping they would have a cool decoration or something for free when you spend over X amount .

Anyone know when those usually show up?

Also any impressions of LEGO Boost? The videos make it look pretty cool.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
My son is looking to get LEGO Boost from Santa this Christmas. I checked yesterday on the online LEGO store (EU) and they don't have a Christmas promotion on yet. I was hoping they would have a cool decoration or something for free when you spend over X amount .

Have a little more patience. There will be multiple ones, and the first should hit the 23th of november iirc

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Right now you should get the micro diagon alley set with any purchase over 80€.
At least I got it yestersay when I bought the detectives office!