• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I like this one which was released earlier this year -

91YN7n9hIjL._SL1500_.jpg

The new wilderness hut just looks a bit small -

33793073668_8307bcf33e.jpg

I have the old wilderness hut -

Ooh, that boat is nice! Might get it to go with the Fishing Store.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's worth it anyway to get the exclusive Leicester minifigure:

Lego-Store-Leicester-Square-Exclusive-Leicester-Minifigure-40308.jpg

That and the builds there are incredible. It really feels like a 'flagship' store and it's well worth it even if you don't end up buying anything major.
Oh good to know ! I think we'll be there either way soletime in daytime, think I'll grab that fig for my modular buildings city :)

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Oh gosh. My mom wants the ST set immediately. is asking me to order it during vip early access. I wanted to use this as her birthday gift later in the year dang it. it can't be a surprise if we order it immediately. she'll insist on reimbursing us....

I really was doomed to grow up into a lego nerd. i learned that star wars lego were happening when she showed up with the entire first wave of them from toys r us way back in the day.

Nov 23, 2017
Just picked up my Mickey set and the pop up story book. They had the Stranger Things set on display. It looks really cool. I just finished building the ship in a bottle. I've only had that one sitting around since late last year. Amazingly adorable for how small it is. That mich detail made it seem like it would be a bigger set.

Apr 8, 2018
Lego Ideas is doing a 10th Anniversary Review and Fan Vote: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/5fa4eb3f-1e98-47d7-abbc-fdc2a29b79c3?query=&sort=top
6404150-05_Blog_post_image-thumbnail-full.jpg

You can vote for any of the ideas pictured above (SEGA Classic Arcade Machines, Small YELLOW, Stitch, or the International Space Station) to be turned into a real set for 2020. You only get one vote and the voting closes on June 4th. I personally voted for Small Yellow, but I feel like Stitch might win.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
The gift-copy of Upside-down arrives tomorrow just as i leave on a plane. ugh. i had hoped that if i got to build the relatives' copy of it, the itch would subside, but i'm gonna have to get my own one day.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Can't wait for dinosaurs, I swear there was a fossil dino set on Ideas before that got rejected though, I remember being really disappointed because it's such a great idea for a set, no licensing issues. I wonder what changed for this one.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for dinosaurs, I swear there was a fossil dino set on Ideas before that got rejected though, I remember being really disappointed because it's such a great idea for a set, no licensing issues. I wonder what changed for this one.

Nanoblock produced some fossil sets, including dinosaurs, a while back. It may be an issue at that time, or the design was too close to them. Those sets are already retired, so it is different now.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
ah yes the ideas review season. time for my regularly-scheduled nerd-toy regret session

Should've bought wall-e and the doctor who set, dangit.

I think i'd be most likely to get stitch. i love the ISS set but holy crap i am out of reasonable places to put sets.

dinos might be awesome. keeping an eye on how the final revision turns out.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be buying a new set next week but I'm not sure which.

Which is the most fun to build: assembly square or stranger things ?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanting to jump in on the Lunar Lander but really trying to remind myself to at least wait until double rewards points or a bonus I care about.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I have just over $700 of sets I want in my cart right now lol. I can't really afford any of it lol.

Apr 8, 2018
Huh, I thought the new wave of Harry Potter sets was supposed to come out today in the US. S@H is listing a July 1st date though. That sucks. Kinda wanted to get that new Knight Bus.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Space station won the ideas vote. That's the only one of the four I'd be interested in buying.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Lego Era,

Does someone know where I can find good custom instructions for disneyland/disney world attractions and monuments ?
And a decent version of Rapunzel's tower? The ones I found look impressive but have almost nothing in common with the one in the movie... thanks !

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
home sick and spent the afternoon building the sanctum sanctorum. it's been tons of fun. makes me more open to building some of the modular ideas I've had as facades instead to save money. The dream is obviously to make a bunch of full modulars, but if i can halve the piece-count of each and still look super-cute then i think i'd be fine having an extended street of facade-ulars.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
I finally got around to looking at dimensions for a cabinet for the falcon that I've still not built, with the new TV and speakers opening up the oppertunities on the floor, I can finally do what I wanted.

Nothing too fancy, just a base, back and then 4 sheets of glass. Easy peasy to DIY. If I can just work out how to hold the glass in place for the silicone to stick it together lol. Might be easier with acylic.

Anyway, a play with photoshop to clean up my existing setup (remove wires and tv cabinet) and then more playing with sketchup to make a cabinet with just a 2D plane of approx representative size of the falcon. Its not perfect but its gives me an idea of what it might look like.

YJzKNy1.png

Apr 8, 2018
So pics of the D2C Jurassic Park/World set leaked and I'm kinda torn on it. I love the Jurassic Park gate and the minifigures, but I'm not super interested in the brick built T-Rex. They didn't even include the classic Jeep or Explorer either, which seems like a huge missed opportunity. Shame they didn't just do the Visitor's Center.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I finished my Lunar Lander the other day. It is awesome. Decently fun build to boot.

CeramicDragon

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Orange, CA
I wish I got the old fishing store when I had the chance. I need to pick up Parisian restaurant for that's gone. Managed to score a detectives office for $160. I have a sealed UCS snowspeeder for trade.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the best place to get PDFS of instructions for various sets? My friend dumped a TON of legos, lots mostly built, for my son. I want to take them apart so he can build them and such.

Thanks!

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Finally building the Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu that we had in the closet for ages. The two side buildings are beautiful little things so far.

I wish I got the old fishing store when I had the chance. I need to pick up Parisian restaurant for that's gone. Managed to score a detectives office for $160. I have a sealed UCS snowspeeder for trade.

Ahh I still wish they'd produced the rest of that creator's Ideas seaside-village sets. Consider OFS if you ever find it close to retail, it's great

Apr 8, 2018
Got around to building the Stranger Things set recently and just finished it last night. Such an awesome set, from the build to the minifigures. Loved how they used the whip piece as a "vine" around some of the porch columns in the Upside Down part lol.

I really hope Lego has more up their sleeves with the Stranger Things license. A CMF series, Hawkins Lab or Starcourt Mall D2C set, or even a video game would be really cool to see.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lunar lander is pretty nice in person but I have so much unbuilt I can't justify right now. Maybe birthday list

Architecture starting to build up a want list too - Great Wall; Statue of Liberty; Trafalgar Square are all really nice

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone had hands on experience with the Ninjago City (70620) set? I'm not that interested in Ninjago overall but this set looks so cool, really considering buying it since I feel like it might get pulled soon.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When will we have another construction contest like with the brickheadz selfie set ? I learned about it way too late to participate :(

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone had hands on experience with the Ninjago City (70620) set? I'm not that interested in Ninjago overall but this set looks so cool, really considering buying it since I feel like it might get pulled soon.
verdict seems to be "one of the best sets ever, if you think you might be interested in it you're probably right."

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018

I own it. One of the best builds ever. Just incredible techniques and details everywhere. Add the docks and the destiny's bounty and you have a beautiful display scene. It took me about the same amount of time to build as the HP Houghwarts castle even though that set has more pieces.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the impressions. Well, I gotta learn to not post when the answer I want to hear is "it's bad, save your money!" :p On the list it goes!

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the impressions. Well, I gotta learn to not post when the answer I want to hear is "it's bad, save your money!" :p On the list it goes!

a proud tradition of enabling across the years of these threads, yep. the sets we'd say to opt out of are probably the ones that would self-evidently disappoint, like the giant hoth playset that one time. if you're asking "guys is it really as awesome as my impulses are telling me it would be?" you're already doomed because someone here will have already caved and the rest of us will be like "I NEED IT TOO."

i generally use the Modular Building test to see if i want a set- 'what % of a modular would this cost me? what percent of a modular's coolness is it?"- but the NC sets break that metric by basically being the Cyberpunk Anime Acid Trip version of the modulars.

When will we have another construction contest like with the brickheadz selfie set ? I learned about it way too late to participate :(
we can probably do one whenever we see a decent small set to center the competition around.