• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 23, 2017
Anyone wanna trade Disney minifigs? I've got a duplicate of about half of them and the other half is still eluding me. I still try to feel around for the pieces, but it's not working well.

I need
Huey (red shirt)
Dale (red nose)
Elsa
Jafar
Jasmine
Hercules
Jack

I have duplicates of
Mickey
Loui
Scrooge
Anna
Hades
Edna
Frozone

Just an even swap in the mail would be nice.

Nov 23, 2017
One down
JPBXZhSl.jpg

tFcCNowl.jpg

And a new one to go
43o0vbEl.jpg

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know when they plan to discontinue the UCS Millennium Falcon?

Yeah I would like to know that too.

I haven't heard anything yet, but I would guess it will be around at least 3 years after it was released. Pure speculation on my part. Depends on sales as well. Death Star was around for I think a decade before retiring and quickly coming out with updated version. I think the price is steep so regular sales will be on small side, but as long as it sells steadily should be around for a few years. But if have cash now, don't wait too long. After market price will be high (not as crazy as original, but will be much more than MSRP).

UNITED STATES10 Jan 18 - now
CANADA10 Jan 18 - now
UNITED KINGDOM16 Jan 18 - now
GERMANY09 Apr 18 - now
FRANCE09 Apr 18 - now

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017
What's the new one? Another Treehouse? :)

Rating of Treehouse?
The next box....
sYwlOExl.jpg

uOOdwkjl.jpg

The tree house is great. I took extra liberty with the foliage, since we're just now transitioning to fall and trees havent fully turned colors. The set has green and yellow/brown leaves with five bags of each. So mine has more than the instructions say, and not really in their design either.

The rooms are highly detailed and the structure is amazing. There really is a good bit of freedom on the tree itself if you have spare pieces.

TerryLee81

Oct 26, 2017
The next box....
sYwlOExl.jpg

uOOdwkjl.jpg

The tree house is great. I took extra liberty with the foliage, since we're just now transitioning to fall and trees havent fully turned colors. The set has green and yellow/brown leaves with five bags of each. So mine has more than the instructions say, and not really in their design either.

The rooms are highly detailed and the structure is amazing. There really is a good bit of freedom on the tree itself if you have spare pieces.

Nice! Saw it in the Lego store in SF, it's huge!

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Finally building Ninjago docks. It's so good.and this is the lesser of the two? Jeez i need to get NC

Apr 8, 2018
LEGO Ghostbusters is rumored to return next year with sets based off the new movie: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-ghostbusters-rumoured-to-return-in-2020/
Brick Fanatics understands that the LEGO Group will be releasing a Ghostbusters 2020 theme featuring sets inspired by the new movie. It would not be an entirely new property for the company, as three sets have been released based on Ghostbusters since 2014– 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1, 75827 Firehouse Headquarters and 75828 Ecto 1 & 2. Given how little is known about the new film's plot, there is little to speculate on when it comes to what the new models will be.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Finally building Ninjago docks. It's so good.and this is the lesser of the two? Jeez i need to get NC
I finally got around to building Ninjago City recently and it is a really fantastic set.

So many creative little builds throughout it, amazing variety of pieces and colors, and couple of fun mechanical bits (the elevator is impressive, especially how it works across all the floors).

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
WIP: The Ritz Hotel, London (Stud.io model. Current part count 11,158, £1,611.50)

rI6L38d.jpg

If someone would like to buy me the bricks.....

Apr 8, 2018
So with Back to the Future celebrating its 35th anniversary next year, I wonder if we'll see more sets. The press release from Universal last week doesn't mention LEGO, but there's always a chance I guess.

Would be great to see a modern remake of the Cuusoo (Ideas) DeLorean Time Machine (w/ Clock Tower?) or even a UCS DeLorean.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
TheBrickFan is claiming a list of retirements by the end of the year from who they believe is a reliable source; there's nothing in that list that looks egregiously implausible.

Of note as far as I'm concerned: The carousel's still missing from my collection, maybe the Pirate Roller Coaster (although it's the Expert rollercoaster I really like as a project, I slightly prefer the aesthetic of the Pirate one). Could possibly also pick up the Ship In A Bottle, the Pop-up Book and perhaps the architecture releases.

Other items of note on the list: Parisian Restaurant, Ninjago City and Docks, the Saturn V and Voltron.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
TheBrickFan is claiming a list of retirements by the end of the year from who they believe is a reliable source; there's nothing in that list that looks egregiously implausible.

Of note as far as I'm concerned: The carousel's still missing from my collection, maybe the Pirate Roller Coaster (although it's the Expert rollercoaster I really like as a project, I slightly prefer the aesthetic of the Pirate one). Could possibly also pick up the Ship In A Bottle, the Pop-up Book and perhaps the architecture releases.

In my collection but items of note on the list: Parisian Restaurant, Ninjago City and Docks, the Saturn V and Voltron.

omg, I thought I would have more time for Voltron.

Dr Zhivago

Oct 27, 2017
Battlestar Potemkin
I just picked up a second Tron Legacy before it vanished.
The Lego shop in Meadowhall had the 'Last Chance to Buy' sticker for Tron & the UCS Y-Wing, but not the Saturn V or Cloud City.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I need to get off my butt and pickup a second Saturn V for modding purposes. I need me a Saturn/Skylab and a Saturn 1b.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The Ninjago City and Docks are amazing sets but i simply don't have the space to put them anywhere so they're gonna be lost to time for me I'm afraid. Wish my house was bigger :(

Nov 23, 2017
Many on those list are 50% off on target's site. They mostly have the Lego Movie 2 sets in stock. It seems most of the Star Wars are out of stock. But I've seen most of them in stores.

I'm glad I picked up the ship in a bottle and storybook earlier this year. My friend was making fun of me for being so adament about buying them, saying that they would be on the shelves for another year at least.

I do have to rank the storybook above the ship, but the bottle has some really good details in it for being so small.

But now I need to get the carousel before it goes.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, double points on the Disney Train/Station. I was planning to pick it up anyway, but this cements it for this month.
Any word of a freebie model in the imminent future?

Edit: Oh, I was on the wrong store. Doesn't look like there's an advertised model in the US, but here in the UK the mini Avenger's Tower seems to be up.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
does anybody have a good beginner's guide/tutorial to setting up a shop on BrickLink

It doesn't seem so bad but I'm lost at what i should do for tax values n such

I don't think you have to worry about taxes unless you make over a certain amount.

I had no guide when starting. Just do internet search. Also Bricklink has a more extensive help center and forum than when I started. Question is why do you want to open a Bricklink store and what your goals are. That will help you plan how to run your bricklink store. I did it as supplement $$$ to my LEGO hobby and also to unload stuff I don't want anymore. It's going to be very time consuming if you plan on doing a lot of sorting.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I don't think you have to worry about taxes unless you make over a certain amount.

I had no guide when starting. Just do internet search. Also Bricklink has a more extensive help center and forum than when I started. Question is why do you want to open a Bricklink store and what your goals are. That will help you plan how to run your bricklink store. I did it as supplement $$$ to my LEGO hobby and also to unload stuff I don't want anymore. It's going to be very time consuming if you plan on doing a lot of sorting.
Alright thx

I'm pretty much setting up a store just to sell off the few childhood sets I have, I don't expect to make a lot heh

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Tis the season to enable.

Great deal on baseplates! Saw previous post about clone baseplates, but why settle for clone baseplates when you can get higher quality official LEGO baseplates for even CHEAPER!

If can get price purchase price to ~%50 on select LEGO items, you get $10 gift card. That brings price of baseplate current discounted to around ~$4.

Pricier larger gray baseplate, but also discounted.

1x baseplate 48x48 studs
8x baseplates 32x32 studs
gets you to $50.

EDIT: Amazon has same deal for baseplates and different selection of sets for $10 off $50 purchase.

Last edited:

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Cool, had no idea this thread existed. Lately I have been heavely invested in making my microprocontrollers work with Lego creations. Last weekend managed to control a Lego motor via Lego IR sensor with an esp32 and a IR emitter. Pretty nice!

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Full reveal for the 1989 Batmobile!

Brickset article
Brickfan article

76139_BI_02.jpg

1989 Batmobile, 3306 pieces
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE €249.99 – UK £219.99 – FR €249.99 – DK 1899DKK

Build and proudly display a curvaceous LEGO brick model of the iconic 1989 Batmobile!

There's also a video review from Brickvault:

My last big Lego purchase is from June 2018 (I did buy a real home in the meantime though), but I'm tempted to get this, and I'm not even a Batman fan!

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full reveal for the 1989 Batmobile!

Brickset article
Brickfan article

76139_BI_02.jpg

There's also a video review from Brickvault:

My last big Lego purchase is from June 2018 (I did buy a real home in the meantime though), but I'm tempted to get this, and I'm not even a Batman fan!

£220 is a lot, but damn I want that sooooooo bad. That car is iconic of my childhood.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on what sets are included in the Lego Black Friday deals? Want to pick up Downtown Diner (or to a lesser extent Corner Garage).

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any word on what sets are included in the Lego Black Friday deals? Want to pick up Downtown Diner (or to a lesser extent Corner Garage).
has eurobricks or anywhere posted lists of what's retiring? stuff that's about to retire often gets a promo on BF, I think?

fake edit:

Well I can't find any articles of 2019 retirements buuuuuu
my god the 2020 creator burger truck is glorious.
2020 creator set announcements