• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
has eurobricks or anywhere posted lists of what's retiring? stuff that's about to retire often gets a promo on BF, I think?

I posted a link from TheBrickFan which seemed fairly confident about the lineup of retirees earlier in the thread:

TheBrickFan is claiming a list of retirements by the end of the year from who they believe is a reliable source; there's nothing in that list that looks egregiously implausible.

Of note as far as I'm concerned: The carousel's still missing from my collection, maybe the Pirate Roller Coaster (although it's the Expert rollercoaster I really like as a project, I slightly prefer the aesthetic of the Pirate one). Could possibly also pick up the Ship In A Bottle, the Pop-up Book and perhaps the architecture releases.

Other items of note on the list: Parisian Restaurant, Ninjago City and Docks, the Saturn V and Voltron.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly: £90 off the Disney Train for Black Friday here in the UK.

(I noticed it's vanished off Double Points in time for that, but £90 is way more of a ROI than Double Points is!)

Last edited:

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
phew, got my batmobile purchase in before the site went to shit, luckily they put it up for sale 15 minutes before midnight (EST)

I probably won't be getting the free christmas tree set, oh well, no biggie

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I might actually be skipping the falcon...

Never thought that would happen, I had lusted after the old one for ages!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
If the US BF deals are matching the UK ones - and we, like you, did have the Disney Train yesterday - then you can expect to see 30% off Ninjago City tomorrow.

(Also Mia's Tree House, Mack Anthem and Dieselnaut)

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
If I make a mistak... I mean, if I buy the UCS Millennium Falcon during this black friday, open and build it, and decide to sell it years down the line, how hard would that be?

Or are opened sets harder to sell/how much does the fact they're opened bring down the reselling price?

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
If I make a mistak... I mean, if I buy the UCS Millennium Falcon during this black friday, open and build it, and decide to sell it years down the line, how hard would that be?

Or are opened sets harder to sell/how much does the fact they're opened bring down the reselling price?

If you bought at the sale price and you sell it with all the pieces and original box you will certainly make your money back

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't blame you, I had the same feeling about buying the H.Potter castle....at this point im sure I'll make most of my money back on it's minifigs (0 attachment to them)
I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter (enjoyed the books, never saw the movies properly - although I plan to reread them and watch them one day) - but that Hogwarts looks damn nice, and has a nice discount... but I'm not that crazy.

Already bought Poe's X-Wing and Kylo Ren's Shuttle this week (I suddenly decided to start spending money on this for some reason), and now I'm thinking about Millenium Falcon. Got 10 hours left before the sale ends, so... let's see what happens :D

Spoiler alert: I'll probably buy it <.<

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck it, UCS Millenium Falcon ordered an hour before the Black Friday sale ended. Kinda regret it a bit, but hey, worst case scenario - I'll just try to resell it down the line :D

Built my first set in ages today, Poe's black X-Wing, and I enjoyed it. It looks sleek, and now I can't wait to build Kylo Ren's shuttle (although I'll leave that for the weekend after seeing Episode 9).

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
49112796943_1123ce0180_z.jpg

26065886236_e22705b1b6_z.jpg

Guess I should also post stuff that relevant to the season

49068417877_7eb9e0f01b_z.jpg

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The UK deals for Sunday are Cloud City, Newbury Haunted High (which happened to also be an Amazon deal on Friday), Hogwarts Clock Tower and Mountain Police HQ; if US is remaining in sync with us expect those to be on the lineup.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I cant believe I missed the UCS Falcon...ughhhh

Anyways I just built the UCS Y-Wing, I need a new shelf
159db713-2cc5-4311-99oj3w.jpeg

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, come on.

Carousel is up for Cyber Monday. It was out of stock before it went on sale; it's still out of stock.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Check your local store stock using the online tool.

Ninjago City was OOS online, but I was able to pick it up, along with the GWP and VIP gift at the local LEGO store w/no problem.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Sounds like it. (I haven't seen the show and have been ignoring it until the whole seasons is up). Four different Mando bounty hunters are in the pack. May have been made in conjunction with Disney, or Disney may have just said "we're doing a Mando thing, make a set" kinda like the odd Endgame sets that don't really match up to the movie.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Sounds like it. (I haven't seen the show and have been ignoring it until the whole seasons is up). Four different Mando bounty hunters are in the pack. May have been made in conjunction with Disney, or Disney may have just said "we're doing a Mando thing, make a set" kinda like the odd Endgame sets that don't really match up to the movie.
That's cool. I guess I'll have to wait. I don't want to have to turn to those bootleg lego off aliexperess.

Thanks!

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What is it with Lego justifying 'battle packs' by inventing some weird speeder/turret that never appears on screen?

I'm not complaining necessarily, but it's just funny that they've done this a few times now.
Oh this is 100% to push quickly a lot of inexpensive sets on parents so that their kids can play with something.
It's difficult to sell 10+€ sets for the mass market when it's only 4 minifigs, only collectors and MoC makers would buy it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh this is 100% to push quickly a lot of inexpensive sets on parents so that their kids can play with something.
It's difficult to sell 10+€ sets for the mass market when it's only 4 minifigs, only collectors and MoC makers would buy it.

I used to think it was because of the license, where they couldn't sell just the minifig by itself because then it would be considered under the action figure license which Hasbro has. But then they had full on Bionicle-like action figures for Star Wars, so who knows? You'd think at the very least they'd sell blister packs like the ones they have for Ninjago at the Lego shop, I'm sure army builders would sell fine there.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Brace yourselves for the coziest building in lego history:
Modular Book Shop

What is it with Lego justifying 'battle packs' by inventing some weird speeder/turret that never appears on screen?

I'm not complaining necessarily, but it's just funny that they've done this a few times now.
I think part of it is sneaking around legal issues with super-strict licencing agreements. "We're not selling action figures! This is definitely still a building toy! Just look at that turret!"