• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not having my usual "that is so cute my soul hurts" response to this modular.

anyone ever seen a real-life garage in a mixed-use building? i was looking around near work and I"m realizing all the downtown garages and gas stations here are either single-story or have a tall multi-story garage next to two floors of offices. i've lived upstairs next to a gas station before, but can't recall any apartments directly over one.

I'll be the lone person in the thread to confirm that it is possible to live above a garage. I did so for a while in college and I would not recommend it.

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
The box says it very clear, 12+. They have no right to mess up your builds. They are the monsters.

(kidding of course, I have two kids of same age than yours, I know the feeling very well).

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The box says it very clear, 12+. They have no right to mess up your builds. They are the monsters.

(kidding of course, I have two kids of same age than yours, I know the feeling very well).

No joke, this morning our 2yo started playing with our 4yo's Lego Juniors Batwing, and our 4yo said to him "no! It's not a toy!".

Childhood ruined.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did so many of LegoEra leave? A lot of the leaks never made it to here it feels like? Is ghostmind gone?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Did so many of LegoEra leave? A lot of the leaks never made it to here it feels like? Is ghostmind gone?
With Lego clamping down on leaks, there just aren't that much leaks anymore. People like Ghostmind don't want to take much risks either, and prefer not to share the fewer leaks they have access to on public fora like these. Due to the collapse of the old place, many regular posters of this community have banded together on a discord channel, which had as an effect they don't post as much here anymore...

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
I got asked to participate in a Lego related Market Research. I would love to attend the research but sadly one requirement is to send one or two photos of my Super Heroes Sets or their packaging. Sadly i'm more into Technic and the Speed Champions Series etc. Could someone help me out? I don't want to use generic packaging pics or take a photo from ebay.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I got asked to participate in a Lego related Market Research. I would love to attend the research but sadly one requirement is to send one or two photos of my Super Heroes Sets or their packaging. Sadly i'm more into Technic and the Speed Champions Series etc. Could someone help me out? I don't want to use generic packaging pics or take a photo from ebay.

any superhero sets at all? yeah i can perch some random batman minifigs on top of an unopened black friday purchase and send that to you. it'll be 10 or 12 hours tho.

wait what if the market research Qs are only about superhero sets?

Oct 28, 2017
England
It looks like the Lego Batman movie is receiving a sequel!

If nothing else, it practically guarantees us a bunch minifigs of obscure characters! Keeping my fingers crossed for Anarky.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Using a B2G1 sale to buy the Lego Winter Train and Station, I'm forced to get a 3rd item and the selection isn't vast. They don't even have any other Winter stuff.

I nailed it down to the Saturn V vs Creator Expert VW Beetle. Saturn V will run me down 35€ more though.

Any help in this conundrum?

edit: a third, cheaper option, would be Ship in a Bottle.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I have the Saturn V on display in my living room. My mom said it doesn't even look like Lego when she visited.

Looks great, and it's a really fun and interesting build.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Beetle is one of the most amazing builds ever, but the Saturn is close. Both are Psiaki builds and completely insane.
Yeah I watched a bit of Jangbricks' video on the Beetle and he also made the same impression, but it's the kind of set I have hopes of finding at insta-buy price at some point, since it's not hard to find at already a pretty reasonable price on the regular.

vemodalen

Nov 14, 2017
I finished the Saturn V yesterday. It's amazing in its size and stability, but requires a good deal of skill in some sections. It never got frustrating, but it wasn't the mind clearing meditation-like build that LEGO sets usually are for me. And the sense of accomplishment is grand when finished.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Love the look of Ship in a Bottle, great display set, but the built isn't anything special.

Saturn V is probablymy favorite LEGO set ever. Looks amazing when done, and the build is really interesting.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the parisian restaurant this WE, and every modular set was listed as "last chance to buy". The lego store employee told me that they won't be producing any more of those, up to and including the diner ?!
That seems quick and stupid seeing how some of those sets are less than 2 years old. Do you guys know about this ?
Was hoping to get the bank and assembly square next year...

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
I don't think this is accurate. They cease production one by one normally. Would be devastating if true. Then I should buy some of those quickly :(

Tomorrow another train set arrives here. This time it is the current cargo train - 60198. This will be added to my small town starring the 60052 and 60051. For my birthday I got the winter train station and so the train station area needs to be rebuild. HA! Lego City needs more trains!

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the Brick Bank may have been back up for a moment on Lego's online store. It's listed as Backorder on the Creator Expert page but the Backorder button does not add it to your cart. The page for the set itself has it as Sold Out.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up when it went on sale.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely renders, but dedicated Lego building software still has a better interface IMO.
And the latest stud.io renderer comes very close in quality

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Lovely renders, but dedicated Lego building software still has a better interface IMO.
And the latest stud.io renderer comes very close in quality
I would have thought Stud.io has some export capabilities (step files maybe) that you can then import in a real render software for maximum benefit of both worlds?

Nov 27, 2017
California
That VIP card holder selling for like $150 has me considering selling mine lol

But then again, I might just keep it since it's limited af ;)
I paid $800 for a card holder

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had no idea Brick Bank was retiring and didn't pick one up. I figured parisian restaurant would've been first since it's the oldest still available. Lesson learned

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lego makes the best props.

ZERtQO3.jpg

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
So I got the Friends Resort for my cousin for Christmas and I got that limited edition Jurassic World minifigure set as a bonus.

Is that the only kit with Ian Malcolm?

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
based on the junk mail, as a freebie with a sufficiently large purchase from shop.lego.com.

it was previously one of the bricktober sets that would have been sold through TRU in america if TRU hadn't gotten Bain'd.
I'll check that out. It's not showing as a bonus for the US shop. Maybe it's a surprise bonus. Checking now.

edit:
Nope. I stuck $300 bucks worth in my bag, and it shows the advertised bonus for the reindeer. :( Oh well.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I'll check that out. It's not showing as a bonus for the US shop. Maybe it's a surprise bonus. Checking now.

edit:
Nope. I stuck $300 bucks worth in my bag, and it shows the advertised bonus for the reindeer. :( Oh well.
must've ended. sorry :( looks like i deleted the email so i can't doublecheck the dates.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
I guess I need to wait until February to get the passenger train for cheap. It's expensive or out of stock everywhere lol

Nov 27, 2017
California
That apocalypse lego set for the new movie is god damn amazing lol
There's a listing on eBay but it's sold but you can see it. Just search lego movie 2 and change it to highest and you'll see it. I want it now

Nov 23, 2017
So here's a thing that cropped up in conversation with my sister:

My niece is getting heavily into Lego now, and my sister was wondering about her moving up to some more advanced sets with more interesting designs; she's seen shots of my Disney Castle, for instance, and would love something of that level of intricacy... but not that *cost*.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any particularly interesting sets that are on the cheaper side? Clever SNOT, good use of decorative elements, that sort of thing? My default go-to at that level are the various Creator Expert vehicles, but I don't think those would be visually to her taste.

There is a whole line of Disney princess sets that go from $20 to $70. There's an Elsa palace, Sleeping Beauty castle, Cinderella coach, and Ariel's boat.

I also recently bought the ship in a bottle and eyeing the story pop-up book. Those are under a $100. The Ninjago city and city docks are also really detailed sets, but probably more than what you want to spend. The Harry Potter set is also nicely done with different price points. The big Hogwarts castle is immensely detailed, but it's also a $400 set.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Out of stock lol. I had it in my cart for 20 mins trying to decide on whether to get it or not lol. Guess not.