• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First off, hello everyone! I did not know this thread existed and I am so glad it does. I'm not a huge collector but my few sets are very near and dear to me.

However, I did want to ask. I finally held one of the large minifigures, specifically the Armored Hulk from set the Arena Clash set (76088), and it felt off? It felt so light, the pole didn't clip nicely into his fist, the shoulder rotation was very loose (something I haven't felt in an figure in years). Does anyone else feel this way about them? Do all the larger figures feel like this? Did I just get a bad batch? Or did I just have inaccurate expectations of something I never saw in person? It was a very strange moment.

Anyways, new sub hoping to learn some new things! All the best.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Spent too much hawing about the SW minifig promo and now it's OOS. Money saved I guess. Does anyone have any idea if the Joker Manor is retired already?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever ordered from KidsFanatic.com? They have the $399.99 Hogwarts castle for 269.99. I'm normally a Star Wars Lego buyer, but that seems to be a good deal. But the site lists the msrp as 699.99, so I'm kind of sketched out by it. OTOH, that's still 130 off the Lego.com price.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Yo.

So I have a big creation I made years ago when I was a kid, and it's been sitting collecting dust for a while now. I'm planning on taking it apart soon and putting the pieces in boxes, so is it necessary to wash the pieces (I saw on the official site that it's ok to use water and soap on them), or will just wiping the dust off be enough?

I'll take a pic or two (though it's in a state of dilapidation) before taking it apart.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Yesterday I went out toysrus to get some street and base plates for our (to be build) city. I did take a look at the saturn (German electronics discounter) to see what their 3for2 promotion for Lego is all about (the do this sometimes even though it is not their business at all) and the had those plates yay. 7.99 for streets, 5.99 for base plates. And 3for2 on top. So I bought some. I did not go to toysrus after that though

_20181222_211933.jpg9ui4o.jpg

The useless crossings went under the train tracks to be a railroad crossing for pedestrians :) needs to be covered. And we need to build some houses and scenery across the plates now

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I received the Voltron kit (21311) for Christmas. I have not built an actual set for about twenty years.

Just how much fun and trouble am I in for?

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Just started building the excavator yesterday. Wow this thing is massive and a solid build.

That said. Our local stores and even Amazon.de are not selling the new city sets yet *bummer I want the harvester transport :D

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm do i spend this 50 dollar gift card from christmas on HP, Overwatch, or catching up on superhero sets....

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3ce9425c-d330-4a33-begcfp.jpeg

Was wandering around Walmart with Christmas gift cards to burn and I spotted an end cap with the new Overwatch sets. Had to get my boy Bastion. Incredibly fun build, and makes a great display piece. The light up eye is very cool too. Couldn't be happier with this set. Makes me wish Lego Gundam was a thing.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Three of the five lions done. Is it normal to have this many extra pieces?

Been interesting to see how these go together. There are pieces of random colors that get tucked inside. Is that to make them easier to find, or to use up excess stock from other production? There was also a spot in the green lion where two 2x6 pieces were put directly on top of a 4x6. No visual difference once assembled, so is this a case of production being cheaper for a more common (assumption) piece?

Oct 27, 2017
I believe the different colors inside are usually to make it easier to put together. It's easier to pick out a green part and a blue part then all gray parts.

Just a guess about the 2x6 versus 4x6 is that there would only be one 4x6 in the set but were other 2x6s already in the set.

Is there a good list of all the sets that are releasing tomorrow? I've made a habit of going to the Lego store on new years day and getting a set but nothing has caught my eye yet.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
It's much easier to disassemble 2 plates off the top of a large plate, than trying to separate two large plates

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I am curious to know what was everybody's LEGO count for the year 2018!

IMO, it was a fairly easy-ish year in terms of choosing what to buy and skip, especially compared to both 2016 and 2017, where I spent an awful lot of money...

Only purchased the following:

Boba Fett (BrickHeadz) — £9.99
Yoda's Hut — £24.99
Flower Display — £4.99 (this was a little anniversary gift for my partner; she loves the white daisy!)
Hogwarts Great Hall - £79.99
TRON: Legacy (Ideas) — £29.99

£149.95 in all. That's very, very conservative for me!

My brother very kindly gifted me the fantastic Pop-Up Book (Ideas) for my Birthday, and my lovely partner unexpectedly and rather sweetly treated me to the Whomping Willows set when she saw the childlike excitement on my face at the LEGO Store in London.

I umm'ed and ahh'ed over the superb Voltron set however, I shall patiently wait until the next triple VIP points day before I do so.

I just simply don't have any space for the likes of Hogwarts Castle, Roller Coaster or Downtown Diner. Unfortunately, I have to be realistic about what I can (and cannot) buy.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got:
Detective's office
Yoda's hut
Mickey Mouse brickheadz
Ariel & Ursula Brickheadz
Parisian Restaurant
Disney Castle
Hogwarts Express
Brickheadz selfie thingy

And probably one or two sets I forgot about.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
I got:
Ship in the bottle
Fishing store
Parisian Restaurant
Assembly square
White high speed train
Blue cargo train
Green cargo train
Train tracks, streets, base plates
Harvesting tractor
Big Excavator
A big box full of Legos from dozens of sets (soccer stadium, Harry Potter, StarWars, City, Bionicles) for 150,-

As a birthday gift:
Winterly train station
Brickhead self thingy

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
man that blue space dude is some pretty hard nostalgia (minus the robot arm). they just need the colored plastic visor that clicks onto the helmet.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Benny is from the pre-visor days of lego space! I love that they've made a helmet with a pre-cracked chin strap, just like every single one of those old helmets still in existence :D

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Wow, WB really wanted to shove Wizard of Oz in Lego Movie, huh? It's nice that the selection is pretty cool though. Lord Business is there but...where is Good Cop/Bad Cop?

I would love to get some of these but I know I'll never get an insane deal like the Unikitty ones. I ended up going to a Walmart and they had the Unikitty series figures all ringing up at 10 cents a piece. So I bought all of them lmfao.

For those of you like me who love the Polybag Sets, Walmart had a bunch of ones; there was a Christmas Train, the Jurassic World one with the baby Raptor, LM2 Lucy with a Duplo monster, LM2 Metalbeard 3 in 1 and a new 3 in 1 Creator Pelican.
Or maybe they're not all that new, but its the first time I saw them in stores.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Wow, WB really wanted to shove Wizard of Oz in Lego Movie, huh? It's nice that the selection is pretty cool though. Lord Business is there but...where is Good Cop/Bad Cop?

I think I remember hearing that the wicked witch figure did really well for them, so it makes sense. And those figures all look really good, so I'm not complaining.

The unikitty just looks like a regular unikitty though, not sure what's up with that, especially after giving her her own series.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
6QfSUCt.jpg

Couldn't help myself and splurged. Going to do them from small to big I think, finished the 75970 today, fucked up one of the stickers :\

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Did you thoooooroughly check the bags? Every time I've been missing a piece it's been stuck in a corner of a bag and I didn't notice that I hadn't tipped it out!

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Damn:

70840_Left_01.png

Did you thoooooroughly check the bags? Every time I've been missing a piece it's been stuck in a corner of a bag and I didn't notice that I hadn't tipped it out!

Yep, the bags, the floor - the only thing I didn't check was my cat's stool (but I think it was too big a piece for her to eat)! ;P

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Couldn't help myself and splurged. Going to do them from small to big I think, finished the 75970 today, fucked up one of the stickers :\

I loath stickers.

As of a couple of years ago, I no longer bother putting them on anymore, as some of my old sets — even the ones with the perfectly placed sticker(s) — either looks faded or are beginning to peel slightly in the corners.

Anyhoo, enjoy building your entire LEGO Overwatch collection; make sure you take a few photos of them all together when they are done, please!

That's an impressive looking set indeed, and one that would never fit anywhere in my house!

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Apocalypseburg is an amazing looking set, but it doesn't really feel "standalone" like the Sea Cow does. The Sea Cow is a display-piece in its own right, but this is really just a film tie-in, if that makes sense.

Makes it a much harder purchase to justify - especially at that price.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of stickers, I left mine off, as my childhood mind never remembers seeing them on the lions.

20190104_1306567yfvc.jpg

It's nice to see the difference in scale needed to make Voltron a bit realistic. All that's left are the sword and shield, then final assembly. Extra pieces are in the bag. I enjoyed that they threw in an entire bag of "tools" just to use the tire iron as the cross emblem.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm having a really hard time deciding between getting the D.VA/Reinhardt + the Widowmaker/Tracer sets or just the Bastion set. Combined they'd be at a similar price point and piece count but I'm really not sure. Anyone who has all the sets got any impressions? Thanks in advance!

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I loath stickers.

As of a couple of years ago, I no longer bother putting them on anymore, as some of my old sets — even the ones with the perfectly placed sticker(s) — either looks faded or are beginning to peel slightly in the corners.

Anyhoo, enjoy building your entire LEGO Overwatch collection; make sure you take a few photos of them all together when they are done, please!

That's an impressive looking set indeed, and one that would never fit anywhere in my house!

Will do! And yeah, I can't stand stickers either. I get why they're practical and that each set can't have a ton of printed bricks but in cases like Tracer v Widowmaker I kind of wish they just kept it stickerless with plain bricks and used some orange bricks or something of the sort to convey some of the finer details. But, still happy with the sets!

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I'm totally with you guys on the stickers. I noticed they added a bunch to one of the new creator sets, which I find especially disturbing as they have been one of the few collections safe from the sticker scourge.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I just had the Dva/Reinhardt set come in yesterday and yeah, I am not sure what I'm going to do about the stickers. Definitely not putting all of them on there. None and it looks too plain imo.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I'm having a really hard time deciding between getting the D.VA/Reinhardt + the Widowmaker/Tracer sets or just the Bastion set. Combined they'd be at a similar price point and piece count but I'm really not sure. Anyone who has all the sets got any impressions? Thanks in advance!

I don't know where you live, as you limit those who are able to view your profile however, going by Great British Pounds, the combo of your two choices would be £47.98, which is £7.01 less dearer than the Bastion set at £54.99.

Also, the Bastion set has a slightly higher PPP (Price per Piece) at 9.1p.

The other two sets combined (129 + 455 = 584) is 8.2p per brick — lower is better.

On the other hand, the Bastion model is often mentioned to be the most desirable set out of the LEGO Overwatch theme and that it feels like a proper display piece, especially with the robot being a shy over 10 inches tall.

If you would like my humble opinion? Get this one!

45658245364_c3016b81b3_b.jpg

Ooh, I am looking forward to seeing the whole gang together!

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't know where you live, as you limit those who are able to view your profile however, going by Great British Pounds, the combo of your two choices would be £47.98, which is £7.01 less dearer than the Bastion set at £54.99.

Also, the Bastion set has a slightly higher PPP (Price per Piece) at 9.1p.

The other two sets combined (129 + 455 = 584) is 8.2p per brick — lower is better.

On the other hand, the Bastion model is often mentioned to be the most desirable set out of the LEGO Overwatch theme and that it feels like a proper display piece, especially with the robot being a shy over 10 inches tall.

If you would like my humble opinion? Get this one!

45658245364_c3016b81b3_b.jpg

Ooh, I am looking forward to seeing the whole gang together!

Thanks. I think I might, but I do prefer Reinhardt/DVA's design and the two sets would make for a cool 'action scene' display. But Bastion does look a whole lot better as a display piece... I'd get it for sure if we weren't being shafted on price here in the UK (£55 compared to the US' $50).

Right now my thinking is that I'm buying these for their 'Overwatch' factor so getting 4 OW characters, and more recognisable ones (imo) is better to me than just one. But, yeah, you are right there.

I might just end up getting neither and picking up the Pop Up Book lol. It all depends how I feel next week when I can buy whatever I decide.