• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Overwatch sets came in today and I managed to snag Dva/Rein and Bastion at the local Lego Store. I haven't been this excited about putting together sets in a long time!

On the other hand, my backordered Brick Bank was cancelled (out of stock). Really kicking myself now for not picking it up sooner.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finally cashed in all my LEGO VIP points that I've been hoarding from the past year and picked up Ninjago City for a total of $20. Can't wait to get it, hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

I normally use all my VIP points for each years' modular, and I'm sure it's not going anywhere anytime soon, but I did notice Ninjago City wasn't in the latest catalog paired with City Docks so I thought it better to be safe now than sorry later.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
My Overwatch sets came in today and I managed to snag Dva/Rein and Bastion at the local Lego Store. I haven't been this excited about putting together sets in a long time!

On the other hand, my backordered Brick Bank was cancelled (out of stock). Really kicking myself now for not picking it up sooner.

Sorry to hear about the Brick Bank. I dragged my feet on both that and the Detective's Office so their early retirement (?) took me by surprise. I did get a backordered "order" in around the start of December and my BB just shipped this week. Hoping for one last surge of Detective's Office availability so I don't have that gap in my collection.

Last edited:

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i feel for the people who are trying not to miss modulars. a few years ago i missed town hall because i wasn't watching for retirements closely enough. i'm sad to have the gap in the collection (i started with fire brigade) but if i had to pick one to miss it would have probably been that.

Now, missing haunted house, that still burns the soul.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all:

Most of Lego ERA is in our discord chat. If you're interested, reply and let us know. PLEASE be on the lookout for a PM and make sure to click and sign in before it expires.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
What do you need to use discord?

Is there a reason not to be on Era?

My understanding is that Lego started being rather litigious about sites publicly posting set leaks right as the transition to ERA happened. As such, a lot of people just stayed on the discord, since they could speak more freely there.

In any event, I'd appreciate an invite.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Target and Amazon have a 20% off Lego sale right now, ended up getting some cheap sets:
- 75890 Speed Champions Ferrari F40 (when is Lego finally gonna make JDM Speed Champions models?!)
- 70821 Emmet and Benny's Workshop (cheap retro Lego Space! =)
- 70841 Benny's Space Squad (cannot have enough Lego Space minifigs...not on sale but for $10 not too bad)

The Overwatch sets are also 20% off, was tempted to get that D.Va kit but don't want to spend $32 on a single set, especially since I don't care much for the Reinhardt mech.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'd like an invite please. I was wondering why this thread seemed rather quiet compared to the old place. That explains it!

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
This has probably already been shared but just in case it hasn't.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
<snooty look>Real-time chat channels are the death of lively forums, so I proudly deny any invite.</snooty look>

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
<snooty look>Real-time chat channels are the death of lively forums, so I proudly deny any invite.</snooty look>
you're not wrong. they definitely serve distinct purposes i kinda gave up on breaking into most of the discords i'm a member of. too much real-time chat room activity makes it hard to want to jump in.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
The only discord I keep up with is the Footy one and that's because some of the lads catch bans once in a while.

all the time

I think the Lego one now has about 235 different rooms so I've basically muted it all and only go in to clear the notification after someone does @everyone

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
For owners and wannabe owners of Powered Up trains that want alternative control.
This guys is doing a Windows program that allows to control the trains and even allows simple If This Then That control based on added color/distance sensors from Boost/WeDo (yes, they are compatible) as well as Boost hubs.
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/in...all-your-powered-up-trains-with-one-software/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2311775879052281/permalink/2319137371649465/

I still need to test it myself as I don't have machine with Bluetooth 4.0+ that supports the BLE protocol :(

Kalte

Nov 25, 2017
Hi there !
After catching up on and falling in love with the Lego Movie (2014), I've been lurking on this specific thread for most of last week.

I'm proud to say that I shamelessly jumped in and bought my very first set ever (never had any LEGO in my life) : 31093 - Riverside Boathouse. It was hilarious to build with my wife and, gotta admit, final result was impressive

Final product can be found here, since I'm bad at embedding photos : imgur

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
This Ideas round seems quite sparse
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...1f9-4d87-b82c-0b6a275bc8c3?platform=hootsuite
my guess
- not probable - Queen Victoria ship (if they missed Titanic, why this ?), chemical plant (why ? with the "green" PR ongoing ? )
- low probability - Piano (I doubt the playable part can be done with much less parts, so ~2000 parts = 150-200Eur, for whom ?)
- probable - dinosaurs (there is some interest, can be cut down to two or three), concessions stands (would fit Fairgrounds while not really fitting detail/price wise with the mass themes, but little too common) ... and on same probability level with nothing being chosen
5998809-Projects_in_Review-thumbnail-full.jpg

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday I went out toysrus to get some street and base plates for our (to be build) city. I did take a look at the saturn (German electronics discounter) to see what their 3for2 promotion for Lego is all about (the do this sometimes even though it is not their business at all) and the had those plates yay. 7.99 for streets, 5.99 for base plates. And 3for2 on top. So I bought some. I did not go to toysrus after that though

_20181222_211933.jpg9ui4o.jpg

The useless crossings went under the train tracks to be a railroad crossing for pedestrians :) needs to be covered. And we need to build some houses and scenery across the plates now

That's looking pretty sweet. Will you put it on a table at some stage?

When I buy my own place (probably in the next year or so), I'm looking to set up a corner for a Lego Town. Had a couple of chances on Black Friday to buy the cargo train, but decided I didn't want to spend $300 on that and the passenger one.

I am curious to know what was everybody's LEGO count for the year 2018!

IMO, it was a fairly easy-ish year in terms of choosing what to buy and skip, especially compared to both 2016 and 2017, where I spent an awful lot of money...

Only purchased the following:

Boba Fett (BrickHeadz) — £9.99
Yoda's Hut — £24.99
Flower Display — £4.99 (this was a little anniversary gift for my partner; she loves the white daisy!)
Hogwarts Great Hall - £79.99
TRON: Legacy (Ideas) — £29.99

£149.95 in all. That's very, very conservative for me!

My brother very kindly gifted me the fantastic Pop-Up Book (Ideas) for my Birthday, and my lovely partner unexpectedly and rather sweetly treated me to the Whomping Willows set when she saw the childlike excitement on my face at the LEGO Store in London.

I umm'ed and ahh'ed over the superb Voltron set however, I shall patiently wait until the next triple VIP points day before I do so.

I just simply don't have any space for the likes of Hogwarts Castle, Roller Coaster or Downtown Diner. Unfortunately, I have to be realistic about what I can (and cannot) buy.

Most of my 2018 I spent buying older sets.

Lego Creator
Extreme Engines
Modern Villa (now I can put the poolside villa, and the modern house all together!)
Winter Vacation

Lego Friends
Emma's Art Cafe
Snow Chalet
Emma's Photo Studio
Mia's Scooter

Lego Disney Princess
Frozen Castle (Daughter has been on a Frozen craze)
Cinderella Castle (gonna save it for when she can build it all herself.)

Lego City
Cargo Terminal (would go well with the Cargo Train!)
Bus Station
Pickup and Caravan

Lego Creator Expert
Detective's Office
Winter Train
Winter Station (started picking up the winter series but didn't like the fire station enough to get it)
Brick Bank (bit the bullet and picked it up in August but had no idea it would get discontinued, very glad I got one)

All up it was AU$1000 (about US$700)

There were some very cool sets Lego put out in 2018, but I didn't find that I desperately wanted them, mostly because of the space they'd take up, and there were just too many big sets. If I had to get one 2018 big set, it would be the Mack Anthem or the Ninjago Docks, both pretty reasonably priced too.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
For owners and wannabe owners of Powered Up trains that want alternative control.
This guys is doing a Windows program that allows to control the trains and even allows simple If This Then That control based on added color/distance sensors from Boost/WeDo (yes, they are compatible) as well as Boost hubs.
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/in...all-your-powered-up-trains-with-one-software/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2311775879052281/permalink/2319137371649465/

I still need to test it myself as I don't have machine with Bluetooth 4.0+ that supports the BLE protocol :(
I'm already following the GitHub repository for the documentation. Was thinking about building a web app of some sort of I get some time for it to learn something new. Iirc using connected Bluetooth and usb devices is possible in current browsers

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
That's looking pretty sweet. Will you put it on a table at some stage?
Nope. My three year old boy is stomping through it all the time to play there. Sometimes it feels like he is Godzilla haha. But most of the time he is cautious and takes care.
Cargo Terminal (would go well with the Cargo Train!)
But only with the new one. The blue cargo train had another container layout and they do not match funnily enough. Had to slightly adjust its one car to use it for those containers

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So, downtown diner. Does the left side with the stairs look good beside any other building, or should it just be a makeshift corner? Don't have it yet but it will likely be my next modular.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
This Ideas round seems quite sparse
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...1f9-4d87-b82c-0b6a275bc8c3?platform=hootsuite
my guess
- not probable - Queen Victoria ship (if they missed Titanic, why this ?), chemical plant (why ? with the "green" PR ongoing ? )
- low probability - Piano (I doubt the playable part can be done with much less parts, so ~2000 parts = 150-200Eur, for whom ?)
- probable - dinosaurs (there is some interest, can be cut down to two or three), concessions stands (would fit Fairgrounds while not really fitting detail/price wise with the mass themes, but little too common) ... and on same probability level with nothing being chosen
5998809-Projects_in_Review-thumbnail-full.jpg

I agree with your estimates, and I won't be surprised if none of those are ultimately made. :/

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Dorado and Hanzo/Genji Overwatch sets but annoyingly none of my local Targets or Walmarts have put out the rest. It's the typical "your site says you have it but they don't know where it is in the back" junk. Ugh. Hopefully I can find them before this 20% off sale ends.

Also I would like a Lego Discord invite if possible!

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
That dragon is clever! Need a gif now.

Might need to import these sets, hopefully eBay sellers won't price gouge
look on Bricklink, still some to be found with not that big markup (the official price is around 65-75 Eur depends on country), but the shipping from most of those countries sucks, got one each from Singapore thanks to colleague from there. Shipping cost as much as one set (for 1-3 sets per weight)

The heart-shaped 1x1 tile on the dragon is a new part I think?

yes, 1x1 hearts will be in the TLM2 sets, not sure about which colors
plus there are hints for some strange "girl" theme, might be there too

Last edited:

_Pow_

Oct 30, 2017
I love how colourful the Dragon Dance set is on the inside

edit: holy shit! is that a Teal brick separator??? I'm going to import a pallet of them and make MILLIONS on bricklink.

edit: can I get a discord invite as well?

Nov 27, 2017
California
Whew those lego clearance prices at wal mart, got what I wanted :D
Kessel Run Falcon for $79
Harry Potter grand hall for $49
X wing for $30

Just waiting on the hogwarts express to go on clearance

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
This online? Or in-store only?
In store, and it will vary from location to location. For example, the Falcon set isn't on clearance at my nearest Walmart stores at all; the nearest one with that set at $79 is an hour's drive away.

None of the sets on clearance at my local Walmart are very interesting to me this go around. I went ahead and ordered some Overwatch sets from Amazon @ 20% off though, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those.