• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I don't know that it will happen, but nothing about the parts use seems unreasonable, and they've already worked with sonic for dimensions.
The body and legs just look like a big mass of bricks, but lego designers could definitely tidy things up if it passed.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I don't know that it will happen, but nothing about the parts use seems unreasonable, and they've already worked with sonic for dimensions.
The body and legs just look like a big mass of bricks, but lego designers could definitely tidy things up if it passed.

Sonic as a license is fine (that looks like the Dimensions minifig there).

But as a set, that looks both boring to build and bleh from a play aspect.

Basically, you could pull off a Sonic Ideas set, but it'll have to be a rock solid build which this is not.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
Yeah, I don't think the build is great, but the idea is solid. People love building lego mechs, and Robotnik is a noted mech user. The play value of having sonic fight the mech should be relatively easy to pull off. It also wouldn't require a huge number of parts or overly specialized parts to implement, unlike a lot of stuff that takes off on ideas.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Mine's en route, but I won't be building it immediately. Pretty much every review of it is glowing though. Psiaki has become designer legend.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Avengers Endgame sets

Spoilers just in case.

52188230_572630993242508_459182479092652905_n.jpg

vFf455h.jpg

ZzxaD2O.jpg

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers Endgame sets

Spoilers just in case.

52188230_572630993242508_459182479092652905_n.jpg

vFf455h.jpg

ZzxaD2O.jpg

Yawn. Boring and unimaginative. They're so obsessed with avoiding spoilers that these sets are just bad. And they clearly are buffing up minifig counts by including Chitauri and Outriders when they may have little to no presence in the film.

I mean like seriously, Thanos has the gauntlet and he's slumming it around some rando compound? Come on...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
At least Iron Man gets some suit variations. Everyone else in the matching white suits really kills the uniqueness of the minifigs.

I'll probably get the Warmachine set, Hall of Armor, and then buy the Gold-armed Iron Man off of Bricklink (and maybe the nano Ant-man if he's not crazy expensive on his own).
Awww, did I miss this?
I don't think so, the Mustang keychain and Unikitty promos are going on now, I think the marvel promo is actually in a week or maybe less.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Completed the Mustang tonight.

Not a car fan but one of LEGO's best. The build was consistently fun and challenging and the finished model is mindblowingly gorgeous.

It has suddenly sparked an interest! Is the VW beetle a next must have?!

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017

Not a car fan but one of LEGO's best. The build was consistently fun and challenging and the finished model is mindblowingly gorgeous.

MIke Psiaki was the main designer on the Mustang, Aston Martin, and the VW beetle.

If you're not a car fan, and value the build over the final looks, I would say the Aston Martin.

If you do like the Beetle, then go for that one. Most of the cars have some unique way of doing something but the Aston was the first one I think to make me truly think "how the hell did you think of this" since it crams so much functionality into the car.

I haven't built my Mustang yet but very much looking forward to it.

Edit: Not a car but I should also mention the Saturn V is a "wtf is going on here" type of build before it comes together. Also a Psiaki set.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017

great news, i'm waiting for it to turn up, really looking forward to it!

Oct 26, 2017
Psiaki is consistently amazing. The Beetle and Saturn V are top class, but you shouldn't miss the Creator Turbo Track Racer. Even though it's an unlicensed set and smaller, it's packed with great builds and possibly the best function Lego has ever made. And although it's discontinued you should track down his previous Creator jet.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
At some point my wife is going to allow herself to notice that I have a bunch of unbuilt sets but am still buying them.

But I like the Mustang and she used to drive a '66 so it's ok right?

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Somehow I've managed to delete the image taken of the as-of-yet unopened boxes, and I won't subject you to an image of the messy remnants as they are now.

Managed to get my hands on a Classic variety, a Ninjago golden dragon, and a Creator diving set in a 3-for-2 deal, as well as the Reinhardt & D.Va and Creator Sea creatures sets at 30% percent off each.. A pretty good haul if I have to say so myself.

Time to get to work on the skeletons of those WH40K Dreadnaught MOCs.

Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the mustang and the D.Va and Reinhardt sets yesterday. Can't wait to start the mustang today!

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
how often do you guys get sets with missing pieces? my saturn v has one missing piece.

100% of the time I thought a piece was missing in fact it was not. Either I forgot one little piece inside a plastic bag or I did assemble something wrong previously with that piece.

Of course there could be real cases of pieces missing, but I never got one and have assemble over hundred sets. You should check for the other possibilities first and then complain to LEGO support.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
100% of the time I thought a piece was missing in fact it was not. Either I forgot one little piece inside a plastic bag or I did assemble something wrong previously with that piece.

Of course there could be real cases of pieces missing, but I never got one and have assemble over hundred sets. You should check for the other possibilities first and then complain to LEGO support.

thought so too, but it's definitely not here. I finish a bag in one sitting if i open it, and there isn't anywhere it could have fallen. luckily it's not an important piece so I doubt I'll even try to get a new one.

Oct 26, 2017
thought so too, but it's definitely not here. I finish a bag in one sitting if i open it, and there isn't anywhere it could have fallen. luckily it's not an important piece so I doubt I'll even try to get a new one.

I'm at the point that I can usually replace any part from what I already have, but in those cases it invariably turns up later. I don't think I've ever had a missing part. A couple broken ones after a few years though.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Bought the Ninjago City Docks yesterday, and now after 9-ish hours of building it is complete, goes exceedingly well with the Destiny's bounty on my shelf.
I did take quite a bit longer than I suspected, but it was good fun.

Do you have some kind of instruction for a decent one? I'm sitting on all the pieces imaginable, but bad at custom building.

Not at the moment, but I can probably find some relatively quickly, if you'd like.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to build the Saturn V... it really is as awesome as people say! Still about 4 bags to go.

Makes me want to get more Psiaki's sets.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to build the Saturn V... it really is as awesome as people say! Still about 4 bags to go.

Makes me want to get more Psiaki's sets.

Mustang.

Aston functions are really great, and how he got it be so compact in the car is incredible. I don't think the exterior looks very good though.