• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the Mustang, looks fantastic, possible my favourite build to date, really well put together.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Last week I dug out two unsorted tubs full from my mom's basement

20190321_162828.jpg

Several hours of work later I have every part sorted by color/type/theme. And also excised the, ugh, Mega Bloks that found their way in

20190323_185524.jpg

20190323_153833.jpg

I intend to try to sell it off as sets and donate the rest. I'm prioritizing putting together the biggest most valuable sets, unfortunately I'm already missing parts and wondering if I should just advertise and sell as incomplete or try to buy the individual parts I need to make a full set?

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I intend to try to sell it off as sets and donate the rest. I'm prioritizing putting together the biggest most valuable sets, unfortunately I'm already missing parts and wondering if I should just advertise and sell as incomplete or try to buy the individual parts I need to make a full set?
I would sort away and then make a bulk order at bricklink to complete all the sets.
Much better than having to explain what is missing to potential buyers.
Be aware that some colours have changed since back then, primarily the grey's might be very different, so make sure you order the correct part/colour.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I would sort away and then make a bulk order at bricklink to complete all the sets.
Much better than having to explain what is missing to potential buyers.
Be aware that some colours have changed since back then, primarily the grey's might be very different, so make sure you order the correct part/colour.
Alright thanks

I have been attempting to catalogue the pieces I've been missing so far (and I may attempt to do a second look at mom's)

And also sad but many of the earlier pieces from the early 90s are discolored, especially the white and blue ones, and also teeth marks from biting the parts to separate them 🤣

Well, I was only gonna include the best parts in the most valuable sets anyway, and if I can't find a good enough part I suppose I can order those too

Fortunately my later parts from sets like star wars are pretty fuckin pristine 👌

One more thing does anyone have any cleaning/sanitizing tips, that's another thing I really need to do

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
One more thing does anyone have any cleaning/sanitizing tips, that's another thing I really need to do
Cleaning - nothing more than soapy water and agitation. I've bulk-cleaned lego by putting it in a tightly-sealing tupperware or storage box and giving it a good shake with warm soapy water.

Faded/yellowed parts can be "refreshed" by putting them in Hydrogen Peroxide (ie. the stuff used for hair bleaching) in sunlight for a day. This is only a temporary measure though. The yellowing will return after a year or two, potentially worse than before.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Cleaning - nothing more than soapy water and agitation. I've bulk-cleaned lego by putting it in a tightly-sealing tupperware or storage box and giving it a good shake with warm soapy water.

Faded/yellowed parts can be "refreshed" by putting them in Hydrogen Peroxide (ie. the stuff used for hair bleaching) in sunlight for a day. This is only a temporary measure though. The yellowing will return after a year or two, potentially worse than before.
OK thank you

So I actually did bulk clean them several summers ago similar to how you said (with a tub, and a hose in the driveway lol), I got pretty discouraged as I didn't get them all clean (I was a pretty grubby kid eep)

Interesting about hydrogen peroxide, though if it makes them worse after a few years, probably not worth doing if they're bring resold? Unless the process can be repeated

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Bought the Ninjago City Docks yesterday, and now after 9-ish hours of building it is complete, goes exceedingly well with the Destiny's bounty on my shelf.
I did take quite a bit longer than I suspected, but it was good fun.

Not at the moment, but I can probably find some relatively quickly, if you'd like.

Hey. I'm thinking of picking them both up. Can you by any chance post some pics of the Bounty docked in the harbour?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Stud.io is so much easier than MLcad. i liked MLcad's drafting-software-like rigorous vibe but picking pieces in stud.io is just so much easier.

I'm smushing together a couple IRL buildings I like to make a modular apartment-bike shop combo.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I bought my 5 year old a LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox 17101. I hope he likes it! He is a Kinderbot class and is having a blast. So I figured it would be good for him. We know the Easter Bunny is tech savvy ....

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
welp. finally working on a modular of my own after several years of nerd toys.

outlining the ground so far. i hadn't thought about how little space is in the back of a corner building. i have big plans for the back. might have to get creative there in order to create more room without messing up the standard spacing on the pinholes.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stress enough how useful submodels (and sub-sub-models) are when working aon a big project like that.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot stress enough how useful submodels (and sub-sub-models) are when working aon a big project like that.
I discovered the magic of submodels shortly after posting last night. Lumped most of the tiles together with the baseplate before I carried on playing with the walls. Seems really nice.

Was also gonna make each floor its own top level model, too. That way if i discover the software starts chugging past a certain piece count I can control the inconvenience slightly. Then if my laptop can't handle the merged model I can just go look at the unified mess on a more powerful computer.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Any word on what the new Star Wars UCS sets might be? I'm hoping for an A-wing and a TIE Advanced. I think I can stop at that point, having everything from the 2008ish Death Star to now. Seems like they are in re-issue mode at this point so its probably only a matter of time till I finish off the OT stuff I'm interested in.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Alright thanks

I have been attempting to catalogue the pieces I've been missing so far (and I may attempt to do a second look at mom's)

And also sad but many of the earlier pieces from the early 90s are discolored, especially the white and blue ones, and also teeth marks from biting the parts to separate them 🤣

Well, I was only gonna include the best parts in the most valuable sets anyway, and if I can't find a good enough part I suppose I can order those too

Fortunately my later parts from sets like star wars are pretty fuckin pristine 👌

You can put them in washing machine (inside pillow case) and wash them that way.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally buying the Parisian Restaurant set after wanting it for years, I'm seriously stoked lol

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Any word on what the new Star Wars UCS sets might be? I'm hoping for an A-wing and a TIE Advanced. I think I can stop at that point, having everything from the 2008ish Death Star to now. Seems like they are in re-issue mode at this point so its probably only a matter of time till I finish off the OT stuff I'm interested in.
This is my plan. I bought Red5 and R2 but got good deals on both so dind't pay too much. I'm not paying out for old sets if they are just going to re issue/redo them for substantially less.

I've still not built my bloody Falcon yet, not even got to my Females of NASA set I got for Xmas!

Nov 23, 2017
Ah well then lol

I'll prolly hand wash/ soak then. Not every piece is bad but I was a pretty grubby kid lol
I've got a couple bins of used pieces myself. I was thinking of getting a lingerie washing bag and throwing it in the top rack of a dishwasher. I haven't gotten around to it, but seems better than a washer. Since you have yours sorted, you could probably get a basic mesh bag for the larger pieces. Check the dollar store for them.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
It has been awhile since I pick up any LEGO set but the Hall of Armor caught my eye the other day as I walked pass LEGO store. That said, may be because I haven't got a set recently, I find the price to be really high. $59.99 for 6 minifigs and small size display. Also what with all the miniaturized Star Wars vehicles .... (not the Chibi one, I knew about those).

Apr 8, 2018
It has been awhile since I pick up any LEGO set but the Hall of Armor caught my eye the other day as I walked pass LEGO store. That said, may be because I haven't got a set recently, I find the price to be really high. $59.99 for 6 minifigs and small size display. Also what with all the miniaturized Star Wars vehicles .... (not the Chibi one, I knew about those).
Target has the Hall of Armor set for $47.99 (20% off) online and in-store if you're willing to bite at that price. Not sure how long the sale lasts though. The War Machine Buster is also 20% off ($27.99) if you were interested in that too.

Flozuki

Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone know if there are places where I can get the detective office and the Brick Bank for the regular price in Germany/ Europe? Had both in my basket a few months ago and while Paying they were gone. I have never seen them again for a normal price while it is relatively easy to buy the Parisian Restaurant :-/ :-(

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I hope a new UCS gets announced at The LEGO Star Wars panel at Celebration this weekend. Can't wait to drool at pics if they do announce something!

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
inching forward with my attempt to MOC together a couple local buildings. posted the nearly empty board when i was outlining it and now i've done mostly the apartment-entrance side with a tiny bit of the bike shop storefront.

i've been going slow on the storefront because i am not sure what I want to do exactly around the window.

i need to dig out the 1 lego bike i already have to try out different ways of hanging the row of merchandise. i'm picturing skeleton/droid arms turning into bike clips.

That's the Corner Garage done and dusted...

1K3HYyJr.jpg

oooh. do you have a pic of your modular table where we can see the whole layout? i have my small number of built modulars just in a line but layouts with depth are definitely cooler.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I do still generally prefer forums, so i'm gonna keep posting here whenever i have anything worth sharing.

haven't advanced on my moc since the last time I posted a photo, tho.

stay tuned for when i put all the pieces in a spreadsheet and realize how much the bricklinking will cost. maybe i'll record a video of myself crying.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
I do still generally prefer forums, so i'm gonna keep posting here whenever i have anything worth sharing.

haven't advanced on my moc since the last time I posted a photo, tho.

stay tuned for when i put all the pieces in a spreadsheet and realize how much the bricklinking will cost. maybe i'll record a video of myself crying.
Studio computes the price for you. No need for spreadsheets :)

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, you can upload straight to your wishlist,. You have to sign in to your bricklink account first though
Wow. I thought the old lego-era enablers- oops I mean regulars- were the most devious wallet hazards but this is gonna hit hard one day. An automated bad influence

Gonna have to give up official sets one day to fund my modular moc dream list

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'll hold off on the Tantive IV unless they have double VIP during may the 4th or you get a limited thing with purchase. I bought the snowspeeder day 1 and regret it since it went on sale a few times x could've got it when toys r us shut down for $110

Reprint all the rare stuff though

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
so it's been 10 years without a tantive IV til now? damn. from the sidelines it looked like every star wars ship got cycled in constantly.

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
so it's been 10 years without a tantive IV til now? damn. from the sidelines it looked like every star wars ship got cycled in constantly.

I have a Tantive IV set, but not sure if it is this one or not (IIRC the old UCS was 1750 and the "regular" TIV was 1100 or so?). Guess I can check the brick count but cant be much of a difference either way. Probably gonna pass on this one.

Antiquegamer

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been to BrickSet since I sort of stop buying LEGO like madman ... what happen to that place you can't even go pass the first page with all the pop up ad.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been to BrickSet since I sort of stop buying LEGO like madman ... what happen to that place you can't even go pass the first page with all the pop up ad.
prevalence of adblock making ad services more desperate?

definitely cracked me up a minute ago when I whitelisted WaPo while reading an article and the banner ad overlaid on the screen immediately covered up the video ad playing at me. so much advertising that it's blocking itself.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Assembly was a super fun build, with interesting interiors. Would love them to do a similar sized Museum/Library combination. Need to buy some kind of shelving solution to house more sets now however.

Oh I think if i were building my own library or museum each one could easily be assembly sq size by itself, haha. I've been trying to daydream how to squeeze my local library main branch into 32x32 and it's a tight fit.

Then for museums i guess my daydreams alternate between "tiny pretentious art gallery that could almost fit in 16 studs" and "hulking behemoth"

It's crazy how modular-centric my unrealistic moc ambitions have become lately. Used to be much more castle and dungeon and horror based.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017
California
Anyone have extra infinity stone lego pieces for trade?

I need the 4 remaining ones, I have the time(green) stone from the Sanctum set and the reality? (Red) stone from the Thanos ultimate battle set

I like that they give you 4 of the same infinity stone pieces per set