• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
that avenger's tower freebie is live now. $75 dollars on marvel stuff. not sure if i'm gonna splurge for it....

also x-posting from the thread in OT because i love my shire-table:
Bookshelf? Went with a garden table myself:
hobbithole20lk0v.jpg

And bilbo is about ready to fight back against these rowdy house guests.
hobbithole1yjje9.jpg

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Cleaning - nothing more than soapy water and agitation. I've bulk-cleaned lego by putting it in a tightly-sealing tupperware or storage box and giving it a good shake with warm soapy water.

Faded/yellowed parts can be "refreshed" by putting them in Hydrogen Peroxide (ie. the stuff used for hair bleaching) in sunlight for a day. This is only a temporary measure though. The yellowing will return after a year or two, potentially worse than before.

Hey question, if I keep a box of lego unopened, will the bricks yellow inside the box?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, this is great news!

https://brickset.com/article/43442/lego-pledges-to-stop-launching-regional-exclusives

t has become apparent to us at the LEGO Group that you are dissatisfied with the recent launches of regional exclusive products. We've received a lot of feedback on the LEGO festival products to mark the Chinese New Year (80101 Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner and 80102 Dragon Dance), the LEGO The Movie 2 Brickheadz (41634 Emmet, 41635 Wyldstyle,n 41636 Benny & 41637 Sweet Mayhem) in the US as well as 75227 Darth Vader Bust.

Because of this feedback and concerns from you, our dedicated and most loyal fans, we have decided that regional exclusives launched after May 1, 2019 will become widely available via LEGO Brand Retail stores and LEGO Shop at Home after a limited period of time (3-6 months) of the initial launch.

I know they said releases after May 1st 22019 but I hope we get the CNY sets.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Really wanted that Dragon Dance set, but good to knkow that going forward those sets will be possible to get (without paying an arm and a leg).

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
The lepin raid is so damn funny. TFW your piracy is so shameless a western business gets China to care.

also the back-to-back sweet free promo sets has kinda hit me with choice paralysis. haven't gone for the lil avengers tower and i don't think i'll go for hoth even though it's so so good and a line of star wars dioramas would take more of my money than real star wars sets (just like how skylines got me into architecture).

Apr 8, 2018
So it looks like a Stranger Things D2C set may be dropping very soon: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-stranger-things-75810-joyce-byers-haus/

- Set #75810
- Rumored to be the Byers house
- 2,287 pieces
- ~$200-250 USD
- Supposedly releasing May 15th* for VIPs and June for everyone else

*Regarding the date, here's the link to a Facebook event page for a Midnight Opening at the Leicester Square Lego Store happening on May 15th: https://www.facebook.com/events/2149548088498637/?active_tab=about
The page also has a "Classified" case file banner featuring a little peek of a photo of Will (discovered by a user on Eurobricks).

The rumors for this have been floating around for the past few months, so I'm happy to see this is actually happening. Super excited to see how the set and potential minifigures turn out.

Last edited:

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like a Stranger Things D2C set may be dropping very soon: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-stranger-things-75810-joyce-byers-haus/

- Set #75810
- Rumored to be the Byers house
- 2,287 pieces
- ~$200-250 USD
- Supposedly releasing May 15th* for VIPs and June for everyone else

*Regarding the date, here's the link to a Facebook event page for a Midnight Opening at the Leicester Square Lego Store happening on May 15th: https://www.facebook.com/events/2149548088498637/?active_tab=about
The page also has a "Classified" case file banner featuring a little peek of a photo of Will (discovered by a user on Eurobricks).

The rumors for this have been floating around for the past few months, so I'm happy to see this is actually happening. Super excited to see how the set and potential minifigures turn out.
How this set got discussed in my house:
There's gonna be a stranger things set, like 2000 pieces. ...
It's rumored to be the Byers house...
Oh dammit I was hoping it would be some monster that we could ignore, we would have to buy that.
See y'all in a few months lol

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
So I just saw this on the BBC News site and figured it was fairly important:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48076505

'Fake Lego gang' dismantled in $30m Chinese raid

Police in China have uncovered a gang accused of manufacturing and selling $30m (£23m) worth of counterfeit Lego.

Officers raided a Chinese toymaker which was allegedly manufacturing fake Lego products in the southern city of Shenzhen, arresting four people, reports quoting police said.

The toys - including an imitation Star Wars set - were copied from Lego blueprints, a police statement said.

More than 630,000 finished products were seized, the statement added.

"In October 2018, the Shanghai police found that Lepin building blocks available on the market were extremely similar to that of Lego," police said.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lego Leicester Square (UK) midnight opening on May 15th - any ideas what for? VIP bonus or new set launch?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, I think I'm going down a dark hole. Never had Lego as a kid, as far as I can remember, but watching the Lego Movies sparked my interest (I am so, so susceptible to advertising) and I really like the looks of the Elves sets so I've got a few ordered. Kinda sucks they've decided not to make more sets for that theme though. I hope they do more fancy fantasy stuff with cute colors and translucent elements in the future.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, I think I'm going down a dark hole. Never had Lego as a kid, as far as I can remember, but watching the Lego Movies sparked my interest (I am so, so susceptible to advertising) and I really like the looks of the Elves sets so I've got a few ordered. Kinda sucks they've decided not to make more sets for that theme though. I hope they do more fancy fantasy stuff with cute colors and translucent elements in the future.
welcome!

i definitely regret not getting a few elves sets. i really liked the idea of throwing cute vibrant stuff in with our castle mess, but no individual set ever managed to overwhelm my self-control so i haven't.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
welcome!

i definitely regret not getting a few elves sets. i really liked the idea of throwing cute vibrant stuff in with our castle mess, but no individual set ever managed to overwhelm my self-control so i haven't.

Yeah, it might be better off if you maintain that self control! It's nuts how expensive some of the dragon sets are (well, nuts to me as someone new to the wild world of Lego resellers). Might never own the Dragon Sanctuary set since most listings for it are 3 times what it was sold for.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it might be better off if you maintain that self control! It's nuts how expensive some of the dragon sets are (well, nuts to me as someone new to the wild world of Lego resellers). Might never own the Dragon Sanctuary set since most listings for it are 3 times what it was sold for.

dragons do seem like the kinda thing that'd make a set shoot up on the aftermarket. i wonder how inflated the smaug set is now....

Apr 8, 2018
First look at Dustin and the Demogorgon minifigures via Promobricks.
N3sUqhS.jpg

The rumored minifig lineup for the set is Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Will, Eleven, Joyce, Hopper, and the Demogorgon.

Plum

May 31, 2018
UCS Y-Wing or Tantive IV?

I'm treating myself to one big Star Wars set for when my exams end (in June, but might as well buy it now for May the 4th). Which one would you recommend? It'll primarily be for display, but build-experience is also important to me. Thanks!

Seb

Oct 25, 2017
Toulouse
UCS Y-Wing or Tantive IV?

I'm treating myself to one big Star Wars set for when my exams end (in June, but might as well buy it now for May the 4th). Which one would you recommend? It'll primarily be for display, but build-experience is also important to me. Thanks!
The y wing is pretty nice. I'm not so sure about the tantine. It's a larger ship with the same brick count, it's just not as detailed as most of the other UCS.
I'll buy it anyway

Plum

May 31, 2018
The y wing is pretty nice. I'm not so sure about the tantine. It's a larger ship with the same brick count, it's just not as detailed as most of the other UCS.
I'll buy it anyway

Thanks! I've decided on the Y-Wing. I watched a review of it and the detail on it looks incredible (not sure why you say it's not as detailed tbh), it'll also be easier to display due to the stand. The ship just looks nicer as well imo.

I'm also considering getting the Mos Eisley Cantina due to it being on sale, the main reason being the minifigures. I'm slowly building up to doing a massive 'city' display with all my modulars that has a bunch of different minifigures from different franchises doing stuff in it; having Han and Greedo sitting at the Parisian restaurant would be awesome.

Also could I get a Discord link if possible? Thanks :)

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man, I'm really bummed about the UCS selection during this year's May the 4th stuff. The Y-Wing does look good but I immediately felt a lot of regret after clicking 'order', enough that I cancelled the purchase. The Tantive IV also looks good but it's not UCS and doesn't even come with a stand. Cloud City and Death Star are incredibly expensive playsets and the MF is just way too much.

I'd be so in for a UCS X-Wing or AT-AT but right now there's nothing there that I legitimately want to buy.

Might get the 20th anniversary Slave 1, but I'm still not sure with that.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can you buy the cute both diorama separately? There isn't any Star Wars stuff I don't already have that I'd spend 75 on

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017

The elves sets are great. I wish I got some, but when they announced they're not doing the animated series anymore, I assumed that was it for the sets as well so I decided not to get any. The show is great for kids too.

I suppose the Harry Potter sets are its sort of semi replacement.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Can you buy the cute both diorama separately? There isn't any Star Wars stuff I don't already have that I'd spend 75 on

Unfortunately, no. The gift-with-purchase things are there to tempt us into overspending. They don't offer them alone.

They backfired in my case. I wasn't able to decide between the avengers promo and this one so now I'm probably just not buying either and saving up to get certain other things.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get images to link in here, so itll just be words but as usual always very excited to see the new releases for Lego Creator, City and Friends lines.

I've narrowed it down to just one set I want, it used to be about 4-5 sets but I've just got a lot of unopened stuff sitting around so I want to do those first.

The set I want is the Lego Creator Townhouse and Petstore. It looks like a combination of the Creator Cafe Deli and the arcade/skate park. Always very interested in the Creator buildings and this one looks great. I've got the Cafe Deli, Parkstreet Townhouse and the modular houses.

In terms of the rest of the releases -

Creator - they've been trying to do mini versions of their expert fairground line and they have another carousel. It looks ok it would be rather cool to get this but I didn't get the pirate roller coaster last year. The houseboat looks nice, but they did it better with their previous release.

City - The Space line looks awesome and I think people should get it if they're into that because space doesn't come around all that often. Still personally I think I have a lack of 'space' at home so unless the prices are really good I'll be skipping it.

Friends - the sets they've released look really good! BUT they're all rehashed sets! The lighthouse looks like the Creator one from a few years back, the pool was done two years ago, the restaurant has a similar design to the pizza cafe. I feel like they're really running out of ideas for Friends. Glad I was there for part of the golden years at least.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Has anyone ever dealt with Wicked Brick and their display stands? I love the look of them but I want to know if they're stable/reliable first before I consider buying something.

Oct 27, 2017
The star wars giveaway set is so disappointing in person, especially coming on the heels of the avengers tower. Should have made a larger 20th atat set and had general veers as the giveaway. Oh well, passed on it, just bought the diaper luke set. The poster, however, is huge - rolled into a tube with a lightsaber pattern, different colors are available, too.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The star wars giveaway set is so disappointing in person, especially coming on the heels of the avengers tower. Should have made a larger 20th atat set and had general veers as the giveaway. Oh well, passed on it, just bought the diaper luke set. The poster, however, is huge - rolled into a tube with a lightsaber pattern, different colors are available, too.

Thanks for that confirmation! Think I'm just gonna get Anakin's Speeder 20th Anniversary, then. I was originally going to get that and the 20th Anniversary Slave 1 but I realised that I'd much rather save that money and get Hogwarts, the Mustang, or the Diner (so something else more substantial than 1,000 pieces).

Annoyed that I missed out on the Mos Eisley Cantina. Really wanted to set up Han and Greedo in the Diner when I eventually put together my street, but no way am I spending £45 for that privilege.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Can't get images to link in here, so itll just be words but as usual always very excited to see the new releases for Lego Creator, City and Friends lines.

I've narrowed it down to just one set I want, it used to be about 4-5 sets but I've just got a lot of unopened stuff sitting around so I want to do those first.

The set I want is the Lego Creator Townhouse and Petstore. It looks like a combination of the Creator Cafe Deli and the arcade/skate park. Always very interested in the Creator buildings and this one looks great. I've got the Cafe Deli, Parkstreet Townhouse and the modular houses.

In terms of the rest of the releases -

Creator - they've been trying to do mini versions of their expert fairground line and they have another carousel. It looks ok it would be rather cool to get this but I didn't get the pirate roller coaster last year. The houseboat looks nice, but they did it better with their previous release.

City - The Space line looks awesome and I think people should get it if they're into that because space doesn't come around all that often. Still personally I think I have a lack of 'space' at home so unless the prices are really good I'll be skipping it.

Friends - the sets they've released look really good! BUT they're all rehashed sets! The lighthouse looks like the Creator one from a few years back, the pool was done two years ago, the restaurant has a similar design to the pizza cafe. I feel like they're really running out of ideas for Friends. Glad I was there for part of the golden years at least.

I'll drop a brickset link for city space, at least. whatever else has been revealed officially should be on the website somewhere too.

i definitely am feeling tempted by the creator buildings and city space, though i'd wind up trying to turn the townhouse/petstore thing into a modular-compatible thing. i am 100% getting the houseboat. i think the color scheme looks good to go with Old Fishing Store.

I'm also a sucker for lighthouses and kinda want the friends lighthouse even though it's so similar to the city one i own already....

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I'll drop a brickset link for city space, at least. whatever else has been revealed officially should be on the website somewhere too.

i definitely am feeling tempted by the creator buildings and city space, though i'd wind up trying to turn the townhouse/petstore thing into a modular-compatible thing. i am 100% getting the houseboat. i think the color scheme looks good to go with Old Fishing Store.

I'm also a sucker for lighthouses and kinda want the friends lighthouse even though it's so similar to the city one i own already....

I like this one which was released earlier this year -

91YN7n9hIjL._SL1500_.jpg

The new wilderness hut just looks a bit small -

33793073668_8307bcf33e.jpg

I have the old wilderness hut -

Apr 8, 2018
Lego posted the first teaser for the Stranger Things set on Facebook. It's a cool "unaired" retro commercial for a Lego Police Cruiser set (Hopper's police car):

Lego also updated the Leicester Square Midnight Opening event page with more info and a confirmed price of £179,99 in the UK.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Official set images are out for Hidden Side. Can't remember if any clean official images were shared before or if we were just going off of toy fair impressions.

My shopping list:
Boat first. Graveyard second. Diner (which i don't think is in there? might be an exclusive to some store) third. bus maybe fourth.

Science lab will probably be cheap enough that i'll impulse-buy it somewhere along the way.

School and train will probably be expensive enough that i'll have to think about the opportunity cost.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Can I get a Discord link if possible? Wanna talk about Lego but this thread's way too slow :)

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I'm in London until the 15th. Maybe I can convince the GF to go to the Leicester Square Lego Shop :D
But I guess I wont have enough space in the luggage to get the set back to France :(

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Oh I need to buy something and receive buyer feedback before I can sell on Bricklink lol

I wonder if it would be worth getting the piecemeal parts to complete the sets I'm planning to sell and boost their value?

Wait did I ask this before 🤔🤷‍♀️

Plum

May 31, 2018
Holy shit I'm in London until the 15th. Maybe I can convince the GF to go to the Leicester Square Lego Shop :D
But I guess I wont have enough space in the luggage to get the set back to France :(

It's worth it anyway to get the exclusive Leicester minifigure:

Lego-Store-Leicester-Square-Exclusive-Leicester-Minifigure-40308.jpg

That and the builds there are incredible. It really feels like a 'flagship' store and it's well worth it even if you don't end up buying anything major.