1. Hardvlade

Hardvlade
    Member OP

I saw this on reddit, looks like LEGO Harry Potter Collection may be getting a Xbox One/Switch port later this year. Previously only available on PS4.

[​IMG]

Send me to Azkaban if old.

2. ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

That is some ugly boxart

3. Joeyro

Joeyro

That's cool, kinda odd that a Lego game was a "timed" exclusive on PS4 though. Most of the franchise is playable on everything.

4. ElMexiMerican

ElMexiMerican

That switch tax

5. Raijinto

Raijinto

Meh, would've preferred Lego Star Wars than this. Didn't like what I played of Lego Harry Potter 1-4 though that was a while ago.

6. Whilst this is a good opportunity for those who haven't had a chance to play these games, I was hoping that this would be news that these would be new Lego Harry Potter games (with the additions of newer games like voice acting, a hub world with quests, an expanded character roster) rather than repackaging the old ones. Hopefully this can be something TT would consider in the future, particularly with Lego going full force with their renewed Wizarding World license. The Lego games now have character rosters numbering up to 200, and looking at the list of characters on thisTop 200 character quiz,there is potential for a large and varied cast.

7. Phoenom

Phoenom

Ironically this makes it less likely a misprint.

8. b00_thegh0st

b00_thegh0st

I wonder why we haven't seen classic Lego games like the Star Wars Collection and LotR ported to the current gen systems. It seems such an obvious move to make these titles available everywhere.

9. Plum

Plum

There's a possibility but I think it's unlikely. Fantastic Beasts 1 had a Lego Dimensions set and the main Harry Potter series has this remaster/re-release. The only other time a Lego game has gone over the same films twice is Lego Indy 2 and, well, that game was awful. If there was going to be a remake of an old Lego game it would most definitely be Star Wars. They've got the nostalgia factor, are the most outdated, have plenty of room for expansion (compare the amount of potential large-scale hubs in Harry Potter to Star Wars, for example) and could benefit from some of the new features brought in with The Force Awakens and the newer games. There's also the fact that TT themselves remade the Battle of Endor in The Force Awakens, and that game has DLC packs/secrets for updated characters from the original trilogy.

10. Shao Kahn

Shao Kahn

Remember, this will be delisted after 2 years without any warning because fuck you.

11. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

[​IMG]

12. Skot

Skot

This can't be real... it is isn't it?

13. Iwao

Iwao

For what reason was this never available for Xbox One?

14. TheBeardedOne

TheBeardedOne

Yeah, I think I'll pass. The first LEGO Harry Potter was boring as hell, so I didn't play the second.

15. MauroNL

MauroNL

Looks official. X enhanced too. Not sure about Switch, but probably there too.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...asing-in-october-with-xbox-one-x-enhancements

16. Oh, nice. And - if the image is not a fake - the price is about 20 bucks for 2 games. I like that for a re-release on a new system.

17. Jack Orion

Jack Orion

So, genuine question. Would people want to play the original 2 Lego Star Wars games on Switch or are they seen as too past it? I’d want to play them .

18. Starlatine

Starlatine

would rather have them becoming BC (since i have one on the 360) but this will do. kid loves harry potter and lego games

19. fiendcode

fiendcode

How many of them will Switch owners have to download?

20. Plum

Plum

They've got enough nostalgia behind them to create a fair few purchases, so I'd say they'd do fine.

21. Gnorman

Gnorman

Bizzare that this was a ps4 exclusive, never knew that. Definitely 2 of the worst lego games though unfortunately.

22. Bazry

Bazry

23. Lord British

Lord British

Shit yeah, I'd love The Complete Saga on handheld.

24. Shawndroid

Shawndroid

That is really neat. I've only ever played Lego City Undercover. Considering Incredibles 2 or Ninjago. But I think Harry Potter would be fun. But I guess this isn't an open world like current Lego games? You aren't having to run to different parts of the school? It's more like cut scenes? How does it play out?

Edit: Actually, I watched the IGN review of 1-4 and it seems openish and hubbish already, just without someone of the conventions of an open world. Glad to see the Switch version is only $US 25. If that price is right, that's great! Sadly more than on the other system.

25. PhoenixSFT

PhoenixSFT

What? The Lego HP games are fantastic.

26. JSG87

JSG87

Defo buying the Switch version. Yeehaa!

27. Huh, I didn't even know this was a thing on PS4. Guess I will get it now, although digital cause that box is ugly as fuck.

28. Plum

Plum

29. Gnorman

Gnorman

Fair enough, I thought they were awful and had to force myself to finish them.

30. Shawndroid

Shawndroid

Hey, if you didn't like it, you didn't like it. But most of the reviews for the collection I just watched said it's a very fun experience. It might depend on if you like the HP theme or not.

31. PhoenixSFT

PhoenixSFT

That's a good point, LEGO games for me are very dependent on if I like the source material or not. I slogged through LEGO Batman 3 because I just don't care that much about the DC universe.

32. Gnorman

Gnorman

It was the main hub I didn't enjoy to be honest. It didn't entertain me. I usually have more fun in the central hubs than the levels with lego games but maybe that's just me.