• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So it seems that the recent Argos leak has been confirmed true:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO® Group today announced the LEGO® Harry Potter™: Collection, bringing LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 and LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 5-7 to Nintendo Switch™ and Xbox One for the first time with both top-selling videogames remastered in one package.

The release date has been confirmed for October 30th.

If you're wondering why it's only for Switch and Xbox One: the game released on PS4 last year and the PC doesn't need it in the first place.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here played it? How is it compared to other Lego games? I've found most of them can get fairly stale pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
Has anyone here played it? How is it compared to other Lego games? I've found most of them can get fairly stale pretty quickly.

I've got the game on PS4 (had it back in the day on the Wii but I honestly can't remember any of that version) and it seems like it's very much your typical Lego game, though in more of the classic style than the recent open world stuff they've been doing. From what I've heard Years 5-7 is an improvement in terms of gameplay over Years 1-4, with the latter having issues with platforming and even more simplistic puzzles than usual. If you like Harry Potter, though, it's probably the best HP game out there... which isn't exactly a high bar to cross lol

Do these games run at 60fps? Would be interested in the Switch version if they do.

The PS4 version does (in both forms) but there's no information about how the Switch version will run. The PS3 and 360 versions seem to run at a stead 60fps during most gameplay so I can't imagine it'll be much different for the Switch.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorta shocked it didn't already release on XB1 last year alongside PS4 tbh O.o

Edit: bought it a while ago as my kids love all the lego games. It's very much your typical one, but with a crapton of content I guess?
I wish they would also release the Star Wars I - VI collection... Pretty much the only reason I keep a PS3 around these days (kids love it)

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
are they gonna fix the game-breaking bug in the second game? Still broken on PS4 for some people

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I played Years 1-4 a long time ago, and it was pretty fun. It's the only Lego game I've been able to finish. I think I might have an unplayed copy of 5-7 somewhere.

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm sorta shocked it didn't already release on XB1 last year alongside PS4 tbh O.o

Edit: bought it a while ago as my kids love all the lego games. It's very much your typical one, but with a crapton of content I guess?
I wish they would also release the Star Wars I - VI collection... Pretty much the only reason I keep a PS3 around these days (kids love it)

It's weird how little Lego seems to be using the Star Wars IP this generation. We had Lego: The Force Awakens and then nothing at all since then, not even a simple Complete Saga remaster (which would rake in at least a fair few nostalgia dollars). Compared with how many Marvel and DC games they're putting out (3 each if you count Lego Dimensions' Batman Movie pack) it's like they're ignoring the Star Wars IP when it comes to games.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
years 1-4 is GOAT lego game tbh. Also a plus that it runs at 60fps. at least on Pro it does.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how little Lego seems to be using the Star Wars IP this generation. We had Lego: The Force Awakens and then nothing at all since then, not even a simple Complete Saga remaster (which would rake in at least a fair few nostalgia dollars). Compared with how many Marvel and DC games they're putting out (3 each if you count Lego Dimensions' Batman Movie pack) it's like they're ignoring the Star Wars IP when it comes to games.

As someone who's been going back and replaying the games via GwG, I'd say the earlier LEGO games really don't hold up that well. They're mostly just 10 hours of content with double or triple that grinding for stuff if you want to complete it.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
I've got the game on PS4 (had it back in the day on the Wii but I honestly can't remember any of that version) and it seems like it's very much your typical Lego game, though in more of the classic style than the recent open world stuff they've been doing. From what I've heard Years 5-7 is an improvement in terms of gameplay over Years 1-4, with the latter having issues with platforming and even more simplistic puzzles than usual. If you like Harry Potter, though, it's probably the best HP game out there... which isn't exactly a high bar to cross lol

The PS4 version does (in both forms) but there's no information about how the Switch version will run. The PS3 and 360 versions seem to run at a stead 60fps during most gameplay so I can't imagine it'll be much different for the Switch.
Then you never played the GBC RPGs then.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wow they announced it for other platforms! I always wondered why it was a PS4 exclusive but I'm glad it's coming to Switch!

Now if only they could combine the two titles together instead of separating them into two different games. But I imagine there's a lot going on behind the scenes that I don't know of.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Cool, I was hoping for BC, but this will do ok. Didn't know the PS4 had for a whole now, I guess another random game Sony paid for temp exclusivity.

Oct 27, 2017

Cool! Color me interested now :) thanks!

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I can play this 4k/60 right now on my PC but this is one of those games I'll rebuy to play in undock mode on the switch

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017

Excuse me, but Chamber of Secrets is the best HP game out there. It's way too good for being a movie based game.