• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
But why? Doesn't WB own the LOTR series in both game and movie form? Was it them not wanting to re-negotiate with TT to keep the game up?

Only other idea is a full-on LOTR LEGO collection happening.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shoot. Thanks for the heads up, OP. I had grabbed The Hobbit but almost missed the window to redeem my key.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Lego Lord of the Rings PS3 is still on the PSN but I can't search for Lego Hobbit.

HD Bundle coming?

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
perhaps they've moved to epic store? /s

I'd be up for a HD remaster collection, but more in the vein of what they did with Indiana Jones LEGO and add some additional levels (like the remaining 2 hobbit movies for a start)...

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Is it possibly some kind of licensing issue down to using voiceovers from the films rather than original voice acting?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if Lego LOTR comes to PS4, are there any other major ones missing on current gen other than the big one (Stat Wars).

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
But why? Doesn't WB own the LOTR series in both game and movie form? Was it them not wanting to re-negotiate with TT to keep the game up?

While WB owns TT Games, the Lego LoTR/Hobbit games, and the Peter Jackson movies, the rights to LoTR itself are owned by The Saul Zaentz Company.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
I signed up and missed the Hobbit game but got LOTR. I will be happy enough with that.

I checked the pages and they both are... Pages for the games. What an I supposed to understand from those pages that I am missing?

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to obtain two Hobbit keys for my friend and I. I received one and now just need a Hobbit for my friend!!

If anyone has an extra I would really appreciate it! :)

Last edited:

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if companies would drop a small heads up about these delisting. They also have been delisted from consoles.

Other random games that were delisted on the same day.

Rugby League Live 4 - World Cup Edition
Valentino Rossi The Game

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So if Lego LOTR comes to PS4, are there any other major ones missing on current gen other than the big one (Stat Wars).
Lots of them.
There's still the Star Wars Complete Saga, Clone Wars, Indiana Jones, the first 2 Batman games and Pirates of the Caribbean (all of them are BC on XB1 though). There's also Rock Band but given the whole licensing thing, they'll probably forget about this one.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Did they delist HP games as well before the collection? Because this seems a bit different.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Did they delist HP games as well before the collection? Because this seems a bit different.
They didn't have to, the collection only came to PS4 a few years ago and then the XB1/Switch a few months ago. Maybe they are pulling a Star Wars Complete Edition and putting the 2 games together into 1. Plus Hobbit is missing the Five Armies so maybe they are finally making it.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
They didn't have to, the collection only came to PS4 a few years ago and then the XB1/Switch a few months ago. Maybe they are pulling a Star Wars Complete Edition and putting the 2 games together into 1. Plus Hobbit is missing the Five Armies so maybe they are finally making it.

Hope we get it for free if that's the case.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

Eurogamer is speculating based on the Jan 1 removal that it is a license expiry issue. Which would reeeeeally fucking suck cuz Lego LOTR is amazing. I certainly hope we get an updated/current gen version.

Lego Lord of the Rings PS3 is still on the PSN but I can't search for Lego Hobbit.

HD Bundle coming?

Gone when I just searched, strangely the Vita version is still there. You gotta link?

Plum

May 31, 2018
Dammit, I was going to get The Hobbit but I couldn't get my Steam account linked due to Steam Guard (don't have access to the phone right now). I hope this means a collection is coming out but it's likely just licensing issues.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Can publishers ever give us a warning when licensed games like these will be pulled by at least a week?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017