• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 airs Tuesdays on Fox at 8pm ET / 7pm CT. It is also available on Hulu the next day.

———

Season 1 airs new episodes on Wednesdays at 9pm (8pm Central) on Fox. The show is available on Hulu.

The host is Will Arnett (the voice of Batman in the The Lego Batman Movie). The judges are Amy Corbett and Jamie Berard.

LEGO Masters' premiere also had high ratings, so it's going to be a pretty big hit for Fox if the audience sticks around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Letting everyone stay week 1 was lame as fuck twist. I think I'm out all because of that.

I think they just wanted it to be as feel-good of a premiere as possible. I didn't even think anyone would be in danger of going until the last 10 minutes or so (I thought it was just a round playing for that golden brick)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They better do one of those HR teambuilding exercises where you have to build something without talking to one another

plus

Oct 25, 2017
lady: 'We have all the legos that we could possibly need to make an amazing fantasyland beyond our wildest dreams'

also the same lady: 'okay hear me out. ducks'

SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT DUCKS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Letting everyone stay week 1 was lame as fuck twist. I think I'm out all because of that.
I'm fine with it. One week isn't enough to judge a persons skill and it let's all the contestants get the jitters out. Besides they never said someone was getting eliminated, our brains are just conditioned to the end how elimination.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lady: 'We have all the legos that we could possibly need to make an amazing fantasyland beyond our wildest dreams'

also the same lady: 'okay hear me out. ducks'

SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THAT DUCKS WAS A GOOD IDEA

All the concept little duck builds amused me, like the ducks swinging from lego chains.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I love this. Will Arnett is a funny host and some of these teams are fantastic builders. I agreed with both picks for best builds in the first two weeks so far. I also agree with who they booted this week though I find the other team up for elimination very annoying to watch.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I love this. Will Arnett is a funny host and some of these teams are fantastic builders. I agreed with both picks for best builds in the first two weeks so far. I also agree with who they booted this week though I find the other team up for elimination very annoying to watch.

The other team at least had their piece together and then exploding correctly. That's what saved their ass. Im surprised by the golden brick winners and how lacking they were.

Next week's challenge looks very interesting.

Also this is needed

q5gfur-j3owevoBc.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The other team at least had their piece together and then exploding correctly. That's what saved their ass. Im surprised by the golden brick winners and how lacking they were.

Next week's challenge looks very interesting.

Also this is needed

q5gfur-j3owevoBc.jpg

Wow. This is the first penny arcade I've seen in awhile. The art was taking a tumble years ago, but this is really something else. Probably one of the only comic artists I've seen that's devolved instead of improved over the years. Yikes.

On topic, I really love the show. I like the extra steps they took with the CG videos. Really adds an extra layer to the show.

Oct 29, 2017
I like will arnet in most of his roles but I really think they needed someone with something substantive to say here. I really can't stand him here

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm fine with it. One week isn't enough to judge a persons skill and it let's all the contestants get the jitters out. Besides they never said someone was getting eliminated, our brains are just conditioned to the end how elimination.

I must be crazy then, because I'm 99% sure they said in episode one someone was going to be eliminated.

I haven't watched ep 2 but did they do the same thing as the first episode where it's obvious that the winner is going to be one of the few builds they bothered to actually animate?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched the first episode, but I feel like they need to lay out the rules and game a little better. The immunity item in most reality competitions gives you immunity to the next challenge, whether that is in the same episode as the "main challenge" or the next episode. I had no idea they could use it whenever they wanted to. And do they have to use it before the challenge results? Can they just hold onto it until they're the team going home? If so, that's insane.

Otherwise, fun show.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched the first episode, but I feel like they need to lay out the rules and game a little better. The immunity item in most reality competitions gives you immunity to the next challenge, whether that is in the same episode as the "main challenge" or the next episode. I had no idea they could use it whenever they wanted to. And do they have to use it before the challenge results? Can they just hold onto it until they're the team going home? If so, that's insane.

Otherwise, fun show.

The golden brick reminds me of the golden ticket thing they have in MasterChef Australia. Seems to work in a similar way, though that show makes it much tougher to get such a thing. Chances are that every team is going to build something that accidentally falls or shatters late into the build. That's the time to bust out the golden brick.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

Otherwise, fun show.

They have to use it before they are judged, so it's not quite that easy.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I adore this show. Both challenges were creative and the teams did such a good job overall.

The duo with the tentacle monster that won this week is amazing. I thought the criticism of the team that won last week with the brick, that their explosion wasn't good was kind of crap and really subjective. I feel like they did that just for extra drama so we could be like "oh no, but they didn't use the brick!" Didn't feel genuine. Their build was good. I also honestly thought the space cat was better than some of the others because they had a story with saving the dog park and the dog park surviving that only worked because they drew the bat whereas a few of the others straight up didn't work as well with their destruction method. The teamwork on that team though is shit and the guy kinda sucks.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
I must be crazy then, because I'm 99% sure they said in episode one someone was going to be eliminated.

I haven't watched ep 2 but did they do the same thing as the first episode where it's obvious that the winner is going to be one of the few builds they bothered to actually animate?

They didn't animate any of the builds in episode 2. I think that was just something special for episode 1? I imagine that takes a lot of time.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Getting past the overblown 'reality competition' presentation, the show is pretty fun.

I do wish they gave more focus on the actual builds, rather than the jokes and manufactured drama. Oh, and the artist pair needs to go. He is just a horrible person.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is this likely in the uk anytime eg on Netflix? Channel 4 did two seasons in the uk

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh damn, I actually met Krystle and Amie in a number of Texas cons. Looks like I'll be rooting for them.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm enjoying this. The host can be a bit annoying and take away from the show too much. The stars are the contestants and their builds. And there's been some really cool ones so far. Shame the 2 woman went because Id say they're not your usual type you'd see as Lego fans/builders. They had potential. Those 2 young lad and lass aren't clicking at all and it's quite depressing to see him attacking her but I can see his frustrations somewhat. But they don't gel.

plus

Oct 25, 2017
RBW should make an animated version of this shit with Bojack Horseman as the host

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the telescope one in last night's episode. A lot of good creations. Diver helmet and cookoo clock too. They definitely sent the right person home. That build never really looked that interesting and they obviously didn't get to finish it and just tried to throw a hail mary out there with the end result.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah of all the directions to go with a piñata, a car was the most boring.

The rest of the creations were great, though, especially clock and diving helmet. The challenges are so creative and cool too. I can't wait to see what else they have in store. Really love the show.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
The golden brick reminds me of the golden ticket thing they have in MasterChef Australia. Seems to work in a similar way, though that show makes it much tougher to get such a thing. Chances are that every team is going to build something that accidentally falls or shatters late into the build. That's the time to bust out the golden brick.
On the Australian Lego Masters that aired last year the whole golden brick was pretty much a piss take of master chefs golden ticket.
In fact the host (a local comedian) really took the piss of these sorts of shows over all.

though not sure if it was in the original UK version?
edited: actually a UK and not Aussie tv concept.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
The Shark one was my favorite this week. Some of those genres were definitely tough to represent in a scene especially after mashed up.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't think anyone on the show understands the fantasy genre. A metropolis and aliens are not fantasy. I do love that Manny thought it meant having fantasies

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if the 2 lads would have been up if they hadn't put in the golden brick. They made a really good build but the story was hard to piece together however they weren't alone. I think even if they went bottom 2 they'd have survived due to their skills in building. But maybe not worth the risk.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Ok the team they sent home this week of the bottom two was bullshit. Theirs was absolutely the better one.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Was gutted for the 2 lads when they tower collapsed. Thankfully they got a lifeline as it was only part 1. Otherwise felt their pain.

And I agree the girls were better of the 2.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
The mid-episode twist this week really changed most of the teams' fortunes by either giving them more time to finish their initial build, the twist helping to improve their build, or the twist totally tripping them up. I agreed with both the bottom two and top two picks. And while I would give the edge to the food cart one over the giant glass tower, I do agree with the above posters that the girls build was better than the other bottom two build. I thought their buildings were so much better. The empty glass one was really boring and looked extra bad because of how good the one team's similar building came out (with a working elevator no less!). I did like the snowman, but I still thought they should have went home this week.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
What killed the girls team was their monster, it was really bad. The twist put the girls in a corner, they shouldn't have gone with a technology attack in a cyberpunk city. Go creative and do like a fantasy attack with unicorns or so to make the attack stand out.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at two bridges holding 1000 pounds. Crazy. They had to use weights from the crew 😂 The birckmasters also seemed to have no faith in the married couple's bridge holding much and it did great! I think I would have given them the Golden Brick personally. The butterflies were really cute.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree on the decision of who was the winning team. Tyler and Amy's bridge clearly could hold more weight, it was not even cracking, while the Mark's one was clearly on the edge of cracking. The final decision was done on aesthetic criteria, but even so I like Tyler/Amy's more.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This show so far has been filled with lot of Karma. Get cocky, and the bricks won't play nice.

I don't agree on the decision of who was the winning team. Tyler and Amy's bridge clearly could hold more weight, it was not even cracking, while the Mark's one was clearly on the edge of cracking. The final decision was done on aesthetic criteria, but even so I like Tyler/Amy's more.

I think they tipped the scales to the guys due to the fact they won 3 challenges in a row. They're team can't afford to risk losing due to one challenge, even if they haven't shown signs of being bottom yet.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
This show so far has been filled with lot of Karma. Get cocky, and the bricks won't play nice.

I think they tipped the scales to the guys due to the fact they won 3 challenges in a row. They're team can't afford to risk losing due to one challenge, even if they haven't shown signs of being bottom yet.

the same could be said of Tyler/Amy's team, although Tyler is more a sculpture builder and Mark's team is more an all type structure's one.

Also, the old couple team that held the less weight (only 45 pounds) clearly had no experience in building bridges and just repeat the talk about technic and triangles that was given in the Australian version of the show (which they may have seen before this one). They tried to build that way and failed hard.

Also, kudos for Tyler/Amy not using Technic and proving other technics could be as or even more strong

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer we couldn't see which bridge actually could hold more weight. I probably would have gone with Tyler and Amy winning but I can't really argue too hard against Mark and Boone.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer we couldn't see which bridge actually could hold more weight. I probably would have gone with Tyler and Amy winning but I can't really argue too hard against Mark and Boone.

Mark & Boone bridge was clearly falling apart at the right side (on the connect to the side base).Yes, it was a beautiful bridge but it would not hold more weight, 1000 pounds was its limit.

Oct 25, 2017
This show is so good. Could not believe those two bridges.

Any word on when season 2 of the Australian show is coming out?

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Mark & Boone bridge was clearly falling apart at the right side (on the connect to the side base).Yes, it was a beautiful bridge but it would not hold more weight, 1000 pounds was its limit.
Didn't they say that between the top two it would come down purely to aesthetics? Or did they only say that because they tied? I would have picked Tyler/Amy regardless, but if the debate was purely aesthetic at that point I could see them going either way maybe?

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Is this show good? My LEGO nerd homeboy says he went in expecting British Bake Off and got a bunch of screaming and stuff blowing up. It turned him off immediately. Hulu keeps suggesting it so my interest is piqued.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Didn't they say that between the top two it would come down purely to aesthetics? Or did they only say that because they tied? I would have picked Tyler/Amy regardless, but if the debate was purely aesthetic at that point I could see them going either way maybe?
They never said the criteria for top 2 because they didn't expect a tie or for any to hold more than 500lbs. Tyler and Amy should've won because there was no movement in their bridge at all and it was better looking.

I keep going back and forth on Aaron and Christian. I felt so bad when they dropped the tower, but they also act like cocky frat bros, or at least the show makes them seem that way.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
They never said the criteria for top 2 because they didn't expect a tie or for any to hold more than 500lbs. Tyler and Amy should've won because there was no movement in their bridge at all and it was better looking.
Ah okay. Not sure why I thought that. I totally agree they should have won though. Not only was their bridge clearly stronger at the end, I thought it looked better too. Loved the butterflies!

mxphill

Oct 28, 2017
Full in on Mark/Boone or Aaron/Christian winning this. I am not in sync at all with Tyler and Amy's stuff.

I've got Boone's antique firetruck he designed, so I'm fully Team Boone. Aaron/Christian might be the most talented, with Tyler/Amy very close behind. Pretty much a tossup. But I can't stand the married couple. At all.