• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
According to this, the release date leaked on the Microsoft Store. This account posts a bunch of leaks from them.

If true, this is another win for the Nvidia leak. Also, should probably expect an announcement soon.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Wait, microsoft store leak? Gamepass day one mayhaps? Or was it always coming to the MS store for PC?

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if I'll still get my steelcase from when I preordered at Best Buy in what, 2020?

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Fucking finally, lol. Been waiting for ages. Super interested to see how they evolved the series, it's pretty clear this one is a big overhaul.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
You know, after Lego Builder's Journey, the lack of full raytracing makes the game look kinda plain.

Also, 20 DLCs makes me want to just go back and finish the old Complete Saga game again. If it's a bunch of nickel-and-dime shit where you have to buy packs of skins instead of unlocking them with studs, I won't even bother buying this.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
You know, after Lego Builder's Journey, the lack of full raytracing makes the game look kinda plain.

Also, 20 DLCs makes me want to just go back and finish the old Complete Saga game again. If it's a bunch of nickel-and-dime shit where you have to buy packs of skins instead of unlocking them with studs, I won't even bother buying this.
The "20 DLC's" thing also includes bundles and pre-order bonuses, so the number for actual DLC content is a lot smaller

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
May be piecemeal installation stuff dunno
Nah, TFA had a good bit of DLC. They tend to keep characters and levels not like in line with the main theme as DLC. Odds are they're going to be going DEEP on characters and side content this time too. Probably a DLC each for every TV show (including non-canon stuff like Visions and the Lego Star Wars shows/specials), maybe DLCs tying into other non-Lego, Star Wars games, and quite possibly some Legends stuff.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Man, how long was this in development? And almost no other Lego games released in a couple years, right?

I hope they knock it out of the park. The entire LEGO series could use a revamp. And with their new knowledge and engine(?) a Lego City sequel would benefit a lot from it.

Dec 25, 2018
I really hope this is the greatest lego game ever made. I consider the Complete Saga, DC Villians and the first Marvel Super Heroes the best Lego games ever made. This one has been in development so long that I really hope it knocks it out of the park.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
A lot of people are sleeping on this game. I've barely seen it mentioned here. These LEGO games have improved a lot. DC Villains was great.

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since I saw a demo at E3 this has been one of my most hyped games coming out. Really hope it does release soon.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's a quick turn around. The release date trailer must be within the coming weeks.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Is this the longest a Lego game has been in development? Feels like this game has flown under the radar due to the delays but hopefully they nail it especially with how ambitious it is.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I hope so!

This was one of the games that I saw the closed door demo of at E3, and thought it looked amazing, and I was so excited for it to release, then it just vanished.

I'm a huge fan of the LEGO games, but the LEGO Star Wars games were always my favorite. It's amazing that this game has been in development for as long as it has, and the gameplay improvements they highlighted in that presentation I watched had me really looking forward to it. I've had the PS5 version pre-ordered for years at this point, which I actually forgot about, until I saw this thread and it reminded me lol

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
If it does have 20 DLCs it'll be all the stuff they had to cut out of it to get the damn thing out the door. ;)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are sleeping on this game. I've barely seen it mentioned here. These LEGO games have improved a lot. DC Villains was great.
Im curious how itd play. I know they are taking a new approach to the action (I think?) but Im playing Lego Marvel 2 at the moment and really struggling to do the post game stuff. Its just so... boring? The series really needs (and hopefully this game will be) the kick up the ass to make it feel less like the last 4 or so I played... as the actual main story was pretty awesome (especially with the character variety - Ms Marvel for the win...) but the gameplay is old and creeky at this point.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
About damn time. They used to pump out Lego games twice a year. Now we waited years, this better be good. I'm curious what comes after, hopefully some more creative games and not a stream of superhero titles. We've had enough of those

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
I'm almost 100% sure it'll be the same as usual. A hub world (or rather, several) and then levels which sprout off of it. I can't see them radically shaking things up.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
04/05 read in American or the correct way?
Because one of those is May the 4th.

(I know the account is Italian, but I don't know how the database might save the things internally)

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just delay it to May, could almost guarantee it would shift a ton of units as a gimmick for May the 4th.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Hoping WB Games was pleased with how Back 4 Blood performed on Game Pass and launches this on there as well. I'm curious but it's not something I'd buy at launch.

Sep 8, 2019
Deleted tweet
fji3akexiaag800ibka0.jpeg

MilkshakeV2

Jul 9, 2020
Amazon page for the deluxe edition already names some of the character packs, too

Product Description

Get the Lego Star Wars: the skywalker saga Deluxe Edition and enjoy more of the Galaxy Far, Far away. In addition to the base game, The Deluxe Edition includes six DLC packs in a character collection Bundle: the Mandalorian Pack 1, the Mandalorian Pack 2, rogue One: a Star Wars story, classic characters, solo: a Star Wars story, and Star Wars: the bad batch.