• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
5b0e7da2-6a9c-4c56-93c5-f7baf94bdf08

Metacritic: 82 (As of 2:49pm EST)
Open Critic: 83 (As of 2:49pm EST)
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker |OT|

VGC - 5/5
Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga is one of the best Star Wars games ever.

MP1st - 9.5/10
Whether you like Star Wars, LEGOs, or video games in general, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is a must-play in 2022. There's an insane amount of content, I can't emphasize how massive this game is. The puzzles aren't too difficult to solve, while also not being too easy; I never felt that I was wasting my time playing through a level. And even if you found yourself stuck in an area or just in need of general help with the game, there's an orange and blue protocol droid named H1-NT that will provide you with helpful information on your journey. The Skywalker Saga also has an extensive skills tree that rivals any action RPG out there. The game mechanics work extremely well, especially when playing flying missions; it's always a crapshoot when it comes to aerial combat, but operating an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon in The Skywalker Saga feels amazing. From top to bottom, The Skywalker Saga is a near-perfect game that checks all the boxes for a Star Wars fan and is one of the best games of the year.

GamingTrend - 95/100
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga takes LEGO games to a new level; changing the way we'll see LEGO games moving forward. With 300+ characters to unlock, 1000+ Kyber Bricks to collect, and 20+ planets to explore: there's something for every fan in this Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Windows Central - 4/5
If you're a fan of the Star Wars series you will love the humorous twist LEGO puts on your favorite characters from another Galaxy far far away. All nine movies are in the game and you can play any trilogy in any order. Plus, the game offers plenty of replay value to keep you entertained for hours.

Hey Poor Player - 90/100
The Skywalker Saga is a triumphant return to form for TT Games. Covering all nine big screen Episodes in one game has presented players with a Star Wars sandbox like no other. With meaningful developments in the gameplay department and a level of immersion that surpasses not only all LEGO games that have come before but all Star Wars games also, this is a title to treasure for Star Wars fans and lovers of collectathons alike.

NextGenBase - 9/10
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is an epic in every sense of the word. Full of content from the nine main Star Wars films as well as assorted spin offs and TV series, plenty of things to find and unlock and a Galaxy's worth of familiar locations to explore, this is the ultimate Lego game. Tight to control, broad in scope and fun alone or with a friend, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga deserves a place in your 2022 game collection!

GameCentral - 9/10
A wonderfully enthusiastic love letter to Lego, Star Wars, and video games in general, that goes above and beyond the call of duty in terms of the scale of the adventure, the attention to detail, and the sheer volume of content.

Nintendo Life - 9/10
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is a fantastic experience on Switch, a great big celebration of everything Star Wars that's made the jump to Nintendo's console in surprisingly fine form. The upgrades to the series' core gameplay here - the combo-focused combat, flashy space battles, boss encounters, over-the-shoulder shooting action and cover system - all combine to make this the best LEGO Star Wars has ever felt to play. Throw in a humongous open world setting that's bursting at the seams with secrets and collectibles and you've got an absolute smorgasbord of all things Star Wars to dig into. Turns out we were fools to think we could ever get tired of Jedis and lightsabers and the pew-pew-pew of flashy space guns.

DualShockers - 85/100
LEGO games have found a very unique niche in gaming and yet have still managed to continue to get better and better. Even though it likely will not change the minds of those who do not enjoy the LEGO series of games, the stellar presentation, humor, and overall joy found in these recreations of each movie make LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga one well worth picking up.

Press Start - 8.5/10
When the twin suns set on my time with LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga, it was obvious to me that this production is lavished with love and worth every stud of its asking price. I've been around the block(s) with TT's games for some 15 years now, and this is without a doubt the best thing they've ever snapped together. If you're a gamer who's young or young-at-heart-container, I'd be very surprised if this didn't instantly click with you

GameByte - 80/100
Altogether, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the best LEGO game I've played in years. It rightly innovates far beyond the standardised formula that this series has built over the years with some fresh ideas. With such strong source material, however, there are so many sequences that feel hung out to dry. Star Wars fans will find it to be a little undercooked as an adaptation.

IGN France - 80/100
A new step but not a revolution for the LEGO Games formula. The Skywalker Saga is certainly at the top of licensed video games by LEGO, and brings new ideas that are here to stay.

IGN - 8/10
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga provides some rollicking reimaginings of Star Wars' most iconic moments and seats them inside a series of interplanetary playgrounds that are dense with discovery and entertaining diversions.

Game Informer - 8/10
Despite being periodically uneventful, the Skywalker Saga is a thorough and fun examination of all three Star Wars movie trilogies. It delivers the same sensation of being overwhelmed as opening a Blu-Ray collection of films and not knowing which one you should start with.

WCCF Tech - 8/10
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga sets its sights sky-high and largely does justice to that galaxy far, far away. Its truncated treatment of the movies occasionally disappoints, but charming, content-packed sandbox stages mostly make up for any story mission shortcomings. This blocky take on George Lucas' family drama is worth enjoying with yours.

Push Square - 8/10
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is a meaningful step forward, smartly evolving the gameplay without losing that fun-loving core.

Destructoid - 75/100
It's a fun way to relive the films as an adult and show them to kids at the same time.

Unranked Podcast - 7.5/10
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the definitive experience for any fan of the franchise that wishes to experience it on the biggest scale possible. There's simply no other game that can tap into the scope of the series.

Last edited:

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
pre ordered and ready to play with my 6 year old.

Still kills me that he can't play with gramps over XBL though

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Our review. It's bloody great, really is. Everything about it is just what you'd want from a Lego game

www.nextgenbase.com

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review - Next Gen Base

The circle is now complete… It’s hard to imagine a time in videogames without developer Traveller’s Tale’s Lego games. Adapting many pop culture franchises into interactive brick form, from Indiana Jones to Harry …

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Another one for the pile!

wccftech.com

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review – Compelling Galaxy, Cliff-Notes Story

Has TT Games managed to assemble their biggest and best Lego title yet? Or is Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga missing a few key pieces?

I would say 7.5 out of 10. Playing through the films is a disappointment.

Our review. It's bloody great, really is. Everything about it is just what you'd want from a Lego game

www.nextgenbase.com

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Review - Next Gen Base

The circle is now complete… It’s hard to imagine a time in videogames without developer Traveller’s Tale’s Lego games. Adapting many pop culture franchises into interactive brick form, from Indiana Jones to Harry …

VGC said it's one of the best star wars games ever, im surprised honestly:

Added every single one here into the OP!

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think that may be a good thing. I feel like stages in LEGO games have gotten a bit too long.

I would agree with you, but because of how stripped down they are, they're just not nearly as satisfying. Especially comparing something like the force awakens level to the full game. I kinda wish they had a little bit more meat on them.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I read that each episode is between 1 and 2 hours and you can go through all films in about 14/15 hours. Triple that apparently if you're going for 100% which seems definitely good for a Lego game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
This is easily the shortest playing through the films has ever been by probably about half, but with the free roam content, it's also easily Lego's biggest game.
There are 9 films though, so it makes sense that they would be abridged, and I kinda think a lot of modern Lego levels are too much. It does sound like the free-roam/open content is pretty beefy though. Guess it depends on what you want out of it. I'm only really interested in the IV-VI content, and maybe a little bit of VII-IX. I used to be reeeeally into SW, but not so much these days.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow! This may be on pace to be the highest reviewed LEGO game ever.

I'm so excited now. Totally going to buy this.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
seems like this performs and looks better on Switch than past Lego games? Huge for me if that's the case.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The sandbox part of this game is gonna be so good

Seems to be the real meat of the title too

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are 9 films though, so it makes sense that they would be abridged, and I kinda think a lot of modern Lego levels are too much. It does sound like the free-roam/open content is pretty beefy though.
This is kinda how I felt too. The Complete saga was just a repackaged version of levels already released and didn't have as many movies covered. So it makes sense for this game to have fewer levels per movie. That's still 45 levels overall without even getting into free roaming.

Plum

May 31, 2018
This is kinda how I felt too. The Complete saga was just a repackaged version of levels already released and didn't have as many movies covered. So it makes sense for this game to have fewer levels per movie. That's still 45 levels overall without even getting into free roaming.
That and the levels are built for replays, with the typical "Free Play" stuff alongside the new alternate routes you can take throughout.

Hans

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any performance differences between the PS5 und XSX version?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Unfortunate that Story Mode is a bit thin but they 100% made the right choice prioritizing Free Play mode. That tends to be where the real fun is with these games

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can't comb through reviews right now, any mention of Dualsense goodies? If so, I'll go PS5. If not, I'll go PC for Deck play.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for this one for a long time! So thankful to see it reviewing well!

Unfortunately I'm really on the fence whether to get it on Switch or PS5. I've got a newborn so the Switch portability would be super appreciated, but the graphics (especially in coop) look pretty terrible. I could play in remote play PS5 on my phone perhaps instead. Anyone else on the fence?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
tempted for switch for portability (have a couple of long flights coming up) but PS5 for graphics. I know its 'just' a lego game but leaning PS5 unless the Switch version is a miracle

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't really on my radar because I didn't know much about it but it looks really nice graphically and it seems very meaty. Might give it a look.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Just beat Kirby Forgotten Lands with my son so this is perfect timing. Been hyping him up for this over the last week, can't wait to play!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The sandbox part of this game is gonna be so good

Seems to be the real meat of the title too
Absolutely, the post-campaign content is always where probably 75%+ of the content is in LEGO games.

I hope this runs well on the Steam Deck, that'll be where I play this when I eventually pick this up. I have around a dozen other LEGO games in my library at the moment (most I've never even touched), so I'll definitely wait for a sale on this one first.