• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Nice. I'm already subscribed to their newsletter but I didn't know about this offer, thanks OP.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game years ago and never really looked forward to playing it, but it ended up being so much better than I could have imagined. The open world hub is a lot of fun and has quite a few QoL improvements over LEGO LOTR. It was also the first LEGO game to introduce sub-chapter select in the story stages, which made going back to finish up stages a breeze.

The fact that they never got to do the third movie is a bit of a bummer, but the game still took 26 hours for me to 100%, which is in line with most other LEGO games. For comparison, LEGO Batman 3 took 29 hours, while LEGO Jurassic World took 23. And the story ends at an appropriate point anyway.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Oops, I already have this. File that one under "Signs Your Backlog Has Grown Out of Control", lol.

Here's another key for anyone who needs a second one, or doesn't want to bother with Humble:

Information
A8F68-HF57E-L80JT

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I bought the game years ago and never really looked forward to playing it, but it ended up being so much better than I could have imagined. The open world hub is a lot of fun and has quite a few QoL improvements over LEGO LOTR. It was also the first LEGO game to introduce sub-chapter select in the story stages, which made going back to finish up stages a breeze.

The fact that they never got to do the third movie is a bit of a bummer, but the game still took 26 hours for me to 100%, which is in line with most other LEGO games. For comparison, LEGO Batman 3 took 29 hours, while LEGO Jurassic World took 23. And the story ends at an appropriate point anyway.

Yeah, I was also surprised by the depth of the world. Just running around (outside of the story) was fun.

The third movie was originally planned as a DLC. Then sadly, and quietly, cancelled with no reason given.

I 100%ed this on console, and will probably mess around with it on PC because it's been a few years since I last jumped in.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It still irrationally irks me that they never finished this with the third movie. My inner completionist will be tormented evermore.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! Is the story decent? I tried playing Lego Batman 3 awhile back but didn't really care much for it.
The story uses dialogue from the first two movies, so it follows them pretty closely.

It has a single hub overworld compared to Lego Batman 3's multiple hubs. The hub is basically an open world collectathon, but it's mostly optional. At most, you just need to traverse the hub to reach the next story level.

OP
OP
Syriel

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Looks like the giveaway keys ran out early. Offer was supposed to be up until Dec 15, but it's already gone.

Still, $5 isn't a bad price for this one.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
It's a fun game if you're into the Lego games, and especially The Hobbit/LOTR. It's a real shame the Battle of the Five Armies expansion DLC never panned out, the story in the game just fizzles out on a cliffhanger as the second movie does.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
I made an account on Friday but didn't see a way to sign up for an email newsletter. Still don't have the code but been spammed a lot, so I feel like I've signed up properly. In the account all contact options are checked. Sigh. I guess I missed the offer.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
I made an account on Friday but didn't see a way to sign up for an email newsletter. Still don't have the code but been spammed a lot, so I feel like I've signed up properly. In the account all contact options are checked. Sigh. I guess I missed the offer.

I just got an email with the subject FREE Lego Lord of the Rings. I don't know if this is better or worse, but that's neat! Apparently I only have 6 days to redeem the code. I guess I cannot redeem the steam code on the web, and must boot up my computer.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Good for the people who like Lego games but I'm so not into them that I'm not even interested in a free offer. It'd just sit unplayed till the day I die probably.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Well, now I own Lego LotR & Hobbit. I was a subscriber to begin with so didn't even have to sign up for anything new.