• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, man, I'm so excited. I couldn't have asked for a better adaptation of my favorite childhood book series. Can't wait to finally see some of the later books put to screen.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks soooo good. We're getting into the juicy books now too where things really start to get crazy.

Nov 13, 2017
Looking forward to this. If we're being honest, I much preferred the film adaptation to the Netflix series, but I'm really excited to see the rest of the books come to life on screen.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
As a family, we really enjoyed watching the first season together. We've been looking forward to this!

Oct 26, 2017
I have season 1 on my backlog. Dumb question: I assume this show is mostly kid friendly? Like if I wanted to watch with my 8 year old son?

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Never read books 5 -9 so I'm excited to watch this not knowing whats going to happen.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I have season 1 on my backlog. Dumb question: I assume this show is mostly kid friendly? Like if I wanted to watch with my 8 year old son?
The book series was for , and the show pretty much follows suit, but it is not without violence. You'll usually see someone die every other episode or so, and the villain has a habit of threatening people with large and very threatening looking knives. But, it's probably okay for kids, yeah, and most of the violence is kind of cartoony.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, everything looks perfect. So hyped.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I watch the show mostly because of the aesthetic. They really nail the atmosphere.

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I liked the series, I can't call it bad but I don't think it hits the same tone that I loved from the books.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
At last, we're finally seeing the rest of the series on screen. Book 4 last season was a nice taste but now we're getting into it!

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
It stays very faithful to the books, so its kid friendly but doesn't shy away from themes of murder and whatnot. Not much on screen violence but you will see dead bodies and stuff now and then and at least one person does get a gruesome implied death, though you don't see it happening.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
edit: too darn long

edit2: It was The Threadbare Thread, but I feel like the name of the show requires a shorter OT title by virtue of it's a long darn title

Last edited:

Timothy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really sitting on it. I thought the series has been inferior to both the original film and the books.

Nevertheless season 2 here we come.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. I read all the books when I was a kid, but I've forgotten almost everything that wasn't a part the first few books or the last one.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the production studio has done a fantastic job with this show. I loved season 1 (never read the books) and looking forward to the 2nd season. I just love the production values.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this. I only ever saw the movie which was covered in season 1 so I'm going in knowing nothing.

Very underrated movie BTW. I loved it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
looks sharp

really hope this gets a third season

seeing the last book adapted would be fantastic

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
looks sharp

really hope this gets a third and final season

seeing the last book adapted would be fantastic

They're actually filming S3 right now. They renewed it for S2 and S3 at the same time last year because they didn't want to risk waiting too long and having the kids age too much. The final book is actually going to be one feature length episode instead of two episodes like they've been doing for the other books.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
They're actually filming S3 right now. They renewed it for S2 and S3 at the same time last year because they didn't want to risk waiting too long and having the kids age too much. The final book is actually going to be one feature length episode instead of two episodes like they've been doing for the other books.
then all my worries are gone

ive wanted a full adaptation of the books ever since the sequel to the film floundered

Status
Not open for further replies.