• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What´s Mr Bean´s true nature?

• He is an alien from outer space

Votes: 175 26.2%
  • He is a poor human whose life was fucked by aliens from outer space

Votes: 109 16.3%
  • He is a bean man, whatever that is

Votes: 360 53.9%
  • I´ve never seen the show, but I should

Votes: 24 3.6%

• Total voters

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He's not nice at all.

BlondTenderDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Mr bean is not nice he treated his girlfriend bad by giving her a little box of popcorn while he has a bigger size and a drink,and he doesnt even give the girl the ring she wanted just a picture and a hook that came in a ring box,and he put water in a kids lap to appear he pissed himself so he can read the kids comic.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The man is a menace. Neither good nor evil but just a force of indifferent chaos.

So I guess a Bean Man?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As a kid, I remember the intro freaking me out a bit. What I thought is that Mr. Bean actually died at some point, and that either he's in the after life or he's in some coma induced dream.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
He was abducted by aliens and quickly removed from the spaceship after ruining the lives of every life form on board

Vormund

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the intro implied that the aliens were getting rid of him.

As in - they abducted him, went wth is this thing and promptly ditched him.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
mr bean is just a millenial ahead of his time.

hates prople, stays alone. doesnt wanna spend wedding money, travel compact, and also competitive.

Oct 25, 2017
So, ERA, what do you think is the truth behind Mr Bean´s mistery?
You're reading it all wrong. Mr. Bean is just an oddball that was too awkward for even the aliens that abducted him (offscreen), so they dump him back to earth. I read the intro as the end of an alien abduction where these aliens likely came up empty attempting to extract any info from this naively charming buffoon and dropped his deadweight out of frustration.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
To know his true name is to hold power over him. He shall destroy all who learn this arcane and terrible truth.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You're reading it all wrong. Mr. Bean is just an oddball that was too awkward for even the aliens that abducted him (offscreen), so they dump him back to earth. I read the intro as the end of an alien abduction where these aliens likely came up empty attempting to extract any info from this naively charming buffoon and dropped his deadweight out of frustration.
Yeah that's how I read it.

I don't know of the cartoon is 'canon'. Is there a coherent canon?

Those could have been simple shapeshifting aliens in that episode.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
My dad used to start hysterical laughing whenever my bean did ANYTHING.

I remember my sister took him and my mom and me to see the first Mr. Bean movie, and my dad was hysterical laughing when he was just shaving in the beginning.

Then again, my dad also was hysterical laughing during Forrest Gump when he stops running. As my dad said while laughing , " He was running and then he stopped"

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is it as the music in the intro suggests it.
That's what I thought too, but there's clear "alien" or spaceship sounds in the background.

Also, I'm sure this means nothing but Bean sounds like "being" which could add some fuel to the fire.

My thought was always that Bean (a human, awkward as he is) was abducted by aliens, and after the Aliens couldn't stand him anymore they threw him out of the ship, which is why he so unceremoniously falls to the ground. They were just sick of him and wanted to get rid of him. That could still mean he's an alien himself, but I'm more inclined to think he's just a human being no one wants to be around.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know which scene I liked better...

Mr. Bean at the Library

Or

Mr. Bean at the Hospital (waiting to be seen)

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
I always assumed he got booted out of Heaven for being too... uhh, Mr. Bean.

I didn't even know the fandom had alternative theories until I hit this thread.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He was abducted by aliens, that's what we always thought when we were younger.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
He is a man who could only exist, created whole cloth, by God(the writers), and thrown into his life on earth to suffer through the human condition.

If you were to ask him if he was born yesterday, at one point he could have answered, "yes." He is a simple, inconceivable man who literally fell out of the sky.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought he was some kind of mixed-up christ figure sent to earth by god for reasons unknown.

I never liked Mr Bean growing up in England. This silly little comedy show based on English awkwardness. Then I travelled the world and discovered he's fucking huge in basically every nation on the planet. That was a surprise.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you don't understand that bean man means alien I will never respect your opinion on any topic.