• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What´s Mr Bean´s true nature?

• He is an alien from outer space

Votes: 175 26.2%
  • He is a poor human whose life was fucked by aliens from outer space

Votes: 109 16.3%
  • He is a bean man, whatever that is

Votes: 360 53.9%
  • I´ve never seen the show, but I should

Votes: 24 3.6%

• Total voters

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Before we begin, I would like to acknowledge the fact that this can be a very intense and controversial topic, so I´d like to save the mods some time and ask that everyone remain civil during this intense debate and respect everyone´s opinions. Let´s leave other people´s moms out of this, except for perhaps Mr Bean´s mom, since that could be relevant to the discussion.

So, I was recently rewatching some episodes of one of my favourite childhood shows, which I hadn´t check out in maybe 20 years. Something I never paid much attention to was the intro, which now I find revealing:

My immediate reaction was "holy fuck Mr Bean is an alien!"
So I looked it up and there are actually a couple of different fan theories. The first one is the alien one; Mr Bean was sent to Earth to live among us and learn about humans. It would explain why he´s so wonderfully weird and mischevious.
Ok, it makes sense, but then you must consider the second theory; Mr Bean was a normal guy who got abducted by aliens. The aliens fucked with his brain among some other alien stuff and returned him to Earth. It would explain why, despite how weird and dysfunctional he is, he managed to get an apartment, a car, some cash and a girlfriend, as well as a stuffed bear that he feels a great attachment towards.
And then I came up with a third theory: I translated to the best of my high school Latin knowledge the lyrics of the initial song: Eccehomo qui est faba. More or less: Look at the bean man. So maybe it´s as simple as that, he is not an alien, he is not an abducted dude, he´s just a bean man, whatever that is.

Rowan Atkinson, the man behind the man, has been asked about it, to which he answered that there was certainly some alien aspect to Mr Bean. Thanks, Rowan, that could literally apply to any of the three possibilities.

So, ERA, what do you think is the truth behind Mr Bean´s mistery?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
AcrobaticFamousFerret-size_restricted.gif

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
In one of the cartoons, it's revealed that a whole alien race looks and behaves exactly like him (skip to 8:08).

It's heavily implied by his expressions, that he is an alien himself. Although it's always possible that he is originally a human, whom was either cloned or the aliens found him so fascinating, that decided to take his physical form to manifest in our dimension (or something).

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought he was an angel cast out of heaven. Whatever he is, he's out of his element.

Piichan

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
He's a bean man. But I think he's a bean man who got abducted. With all the antics he gets into, it's likely he got abducted at some point, no?

OP
OP
Tetrinski

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
In one of the cartoons, it's revealed that a whole alien race looks and behaves exactly like him (skip to 8:10).

It's heavily implied by his expressions, that he is an alien himself. Although it's always possible that he is originally a human, whom was either cloned or the aliens found him so fascinating, that decided to take his physical form to manifest in our dimension (or something).

How did he get a job, girlfriend and apartment though?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
aQAj0T.gif

dunno seems normal to me
This is always the episode I remember.

Fun fact. Last I checked, when they play Mr. Bean in syndication in India, they deliberately insert the commercial in the funniest part of the episode regardless of whether or not there was intended to be a commercial break there. Then when you come back, it's to a different episode.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
the music in the intro makes it seem more likely that he accidentally stumbled his way off the side of a cloud in heaven (or was kicked out for making too much of a mess) and smacked into the earth, rather than being some kind of extraterrestrial

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's an era member. It explains everything.

"So era, do you listen to your food before you eat it?"

edit: "has anyone used wiper fluid to brush their teeth on their way to work?"

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
How did he get a job, girlfriend and apartment though?
Part of society is just drawn to uniquely weird beings, to the point that they are essentially given a free pass in life. Sort of like particularly good looking fellows.

I actually met a person that, by normal rules, should not even be living, given how out there and carefree he was (didn't even went to school, nor worked). But for some reason, good things just constantly happened to him, with no effort exhorted whatsoever.
For all we know, he could just be "the one" (of many) that actually made it, and the bear is a monitoring/linking device.

But really

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I actually met a person that, by normal rules, should not even be living, given how out there and carefree he was (didn't even went to school). But for some reason, good things just constantly happened to him, with no effort exhorted whatsoever.
So how was the Real Kramer Reality Tour?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rowan Atkinson is so impressive, playing, essentially, a silent character at the highest level, and also being one of the most gifted comedians in rhetoric, ever.