• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will you abbreviate the Xbox Series X?

• XSX

• XbSX

• XS

• SX

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I think Series X is just the name of the family of consoles they're launching. Wouldn't be surprised if the actual consoles themselves have very different names.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
well, at least the second best answer is in first place and the best answer is in second.

i just dont see the need to specify the xbox part. it's as irrelevant as the samsung in samsung galaxy, for casual conversation.

laying out the whole abbreviation feels like marketing speak

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, seems a bit messy.

SX maybe? Xbox SX?

Series Digital - SD - Standard definition 😂

Lockhart - Series S - SS - Yeah that's not happening, think WW2.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
800px-Essex_UK_locator_map_2010.svg.png

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
I think Series X is just the name of the family of consoles they're launching. Wouldn't be surprised if the actual consoles themselves have very different names.
This is what I assumed as well. Xbox Series X Elite and Xbox Series X Core or something, short: XSX Elite / XSX Core. Or perhaps completely different names with a 'Xbox Series X' label on the console box and on game boxes.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's SeX

It seens MS is inclined in giving a funny nickname to the Xbox consoles since the Xbox one reveal.

Rai_11

Nov 7, 2017
It's good we establish this now. We gotta send it off to the consortium.

We don't want a repeat of the last fiasco where Gears fanboys tried to pass it off as being GOW, when clearly that belonged to God of War!

I believe the council here has spoken.

Let the PS4 and XSX fight it out!

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised there is no option for "sksksksk"

Written, it would probably be XSX, spoken: Xbox...

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
There will most likely be a Series S, so XSX for the one revealed and XSS for the later one