• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Better movie

• Avengers Endgame

Votes: 273 89.8%
  • The Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 30 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Which "finale" was better? Well, after carefully thinking...

It's Endgame no context.

The emotional beats felt earned, the characters felt more genuine and overall, it's 5000 times better than The Rise of Skywalker

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously it's endgame. What is the point of this other than to dunk on Star Wars?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on, this isn't even fair. And I thought Rise of Skywalker was OK.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Rise of Skywalker,
End Game was boring as hell during certain points, especially that first hour was torture.

(i also believe Infinity War is leagues better than End Game)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the easiest question I've ever been asked.

Endgame was one of the most amazing theatrical experiences I've ever had. I laughed and cried and smiled a bunch and then cried some more. It was incredible from beginning to end.

TROS was a series of disconnected visual images that went through my eyes and out the back of my head and had no effect on me whatsoever except mild frustration and annoyance.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
A better poll would be The Last Jedi vs The Rise of Skywalker. Which movie did you like more?

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TROS, because after IW Endgame was a big disappontment and boring, while TROS was fun to me :)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Are you really this thirsty for an attempt at a popular thread, that you convinced yourself this was even a debate, OP?

Sit down

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
this isnt a real question OP. endgame balanced a finale of over tens of previous movies. skywalker only had to balance 2 and it didnt even do that particularly well

the answer is simple

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I even preferred Thrones S8 over ROS. ROS felt like it was just pandering, running out of ideas and was boring.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Not even a rational argument.

A well encapsulated peice of fan service that ideally nails down a massive 23-movie plan, versus a sloppy conclusion to a saga that never had any foresight to begin with.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I mean, one movie is actually good and the other is a trainwreck. What were you hoping to get out of this poll? lol

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Let's just get this out of the way: The Godfather or Battlefield Earth?

And other good faith thread ideas.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Compared to Rise of Skywalker as a finale? Endgame.

Compared to Return of the Jedi as a finale? Jedi all day.

source.gif

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
This really doesn't need to be asked. Star Wars movies have been a disaster, and other forms of media are doing it better.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I was disappointed in Rise of Skywalker but I also have (and I think most people do as well) higher standards for Star Wars than Marvel movies. It was a fun watch but looking back I don't think it's this amazing movie. I actually think they flubbed a couple arcs as well. I don't think Captain America would send himself back in time and they basically undid and redid the same arc for Thor like three times when it was already really well done and fun in Ragnarok.

Status
Not open for further replies.