• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lethal since I don't give a shit what ending I get. I'm here for the gameplay not the story.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I like playing games with lethal playthroughs a lot too, but non-lethal just makes you feel great. I wish we got more stealth games that didn't even include any killing options at all.

This is why Nintendo needs to do a stealth game

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last time playing Mankind Divided, it was probably 60% non-lethal because it felt cleaner and quieter psychologically. It wasn't a pacifist run, so I picked and chose based on the area and enemies. If the baddies were really evil, I'd go Stabby McStab. Police and random guards usually get smacked silly. Don't non-lethal takedowns give more XP in the last two Deus Ex games?

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Non-lethal, because I feel like I get more of a reward that way.
Although a friend of mine told me Splinter Cell: Blacklist rewards you for any style of play, so maybe I need to give that a shot.

I like playing games with lethal playthroughs a lot too, but non-lethal just makes you feel great. I wish we got more stealth games that didn't even include any killing options at all.

This is why Nintendo needs to do a stealth game

I had never thought of this, but that's a bloody brilliant idea.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
If non lethal is mechanically equal or superior, I will do that. But often non lethal just means enemy will wake up or can't otherwise be taken down permanently. Then I will resort to lethal because that's just annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
I went non-lethal and sneaked my way through the final level in Last of Us.
But the game was rigged in that you had to shoot two people in the end no matter what.
To my credit I shot the doctor in the foot but he still died (from the shock or something).

Felt a bit dissatisfied to be honest.

Oct 28, 2017
In general: non-lethal, with a ghost/no-trace run where possible.Typically feels the most satisfying for me. Lethal runs are fun in the shot term, but end up feeling a bit empty. Although for something like a ninja game or TLOU I get pretty murderous if any one presents a threat. For MGS games, no tranqs outside of bosses, feels less satisfying than lethal to me. Just gadgets and CQC for non-lethal runs.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always do it dependent on my feelings towards the person, their actions, their affiliations etc. I hate games that punish me or reward me too much for playing one way or the other. It's why while I loved Dishonored, I was always strongly put off by how it limited my game-play options to fit certain narratives/rewards.