• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Ever since Sega announced Sega Ages i have been hoping for CLASSIC Sega arcade classics to be remade for Vr! Imagine Outrun in Vr ! Space Harrier in Vr, Crazy Taxi and this list could carry on and on.
While where at it please Sega bring Jetsetradio Outrun 2 or even 3 to switch along with Crazy taxi, and many more of your many other classics PLEASE!

How do you go about letting Sega know we want these on VR and switch???

What is everybody else wanting from Sega still???

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
VR Classics of Sega's Super-Scalar arcade games!

Super Hang-on
Space Harrier
OutRun
After Burner II
Thunder Blade
Super Monaco GP
Galaxy Force II
Power Drift

Etc.

And Model 2, Model 3 games.
Daytona USA
VF2, VF3
Virtual On
etc

jcroix

Oct 27, 2017
Neo Yokio
Okay but what if Sega gives M2 the greenlight to basically recreate their cabinet experiences on the 3DS in VR? So you're still technically playing Outrun in 2D, but you're sitting in a deluxe cabinet in VR.

That's the kind of nonsense I am down for.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'd want them in two modes - like that fake operation wolf VR game. So you can be 'in' the game<but also play it as a flat arcade game I your choice of cab.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Okay but what if Sega gives M2 the greenlight to basically recreate their cabinet experiences on the 3DS in VR? So you're still technically playing Outrun in 2D, but you're sitting in a deluxe cabinet in VR.

That's the kind of nonsense I am down for.

Yes!

Gimme an entire arcade full of Sega cabinets that I can wander around in VR and admire before picking one to sit down at.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Step by step. Gimme Virtua Racing on Switch first.

Anyway IDK why Sega doesn't give a serious try to VR based arcade bussiness even though they tried to use the early VR tech in the 90.

A VR Daytona USA or VR Ferrari 355 Challenge 3 would be awesome

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'd love their classics in VR but even stuff that they've published would be amazing like Alien Isolation.

jcroix

Oct 27, 2017
Neo Yokio
Yes!

Gimme an entire arcade full of Sega cabinets that I can wander around in VR and admire before picking one to sit down at.

They could even repurpose the Yakuza arcade assets if they wanted to! šŸ˜‚ Even with the Switch version available I still enjoy playing Outrun on 3DS every now and then for some of the additional features that didn't make the jump. I got real used to hearing the emulated cabinet sounds on the 3DS version to the point my brain will sometimes play the sound of the wheel thunking against its side. That's the kind of stuff that could make a VR arcade experience really pop.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to have VR remakes of Sega's library but just imagine for a second that they've never even released Daytona USA 2 for home consoles. OK maybe the Daytona name gets in the way somehow even though they've made a new Daytona recently... What about Sega Super GT?

Sega has tens of millions of dollars just sitting around rotting. I don't expect them to do anything as awesome as VR remakes... ever.

Planet Harrier, any HOTD game that puts you in the game, even a cabinet mode to take advantage of modern VR tracking in lieu of light guns...

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to have VR remakes of Sega's library but just imagine for a second that they've never even released Daytona USA 2 for home consoles. OK maybe the Daytona name gets in the way somehow even though they've made a new Daytona recently... What about Sega Super GT?

Sega has tens of millions of dollars just sitting around rotting. I don't expect them to do anything as awesome as VR remakes... ever.

Planet Harrier, any HOTD game that puts you in the game, even a cabinet mode to take advantage of modern VR tracking in lieu of light guns...

Think Sega Super GT/Scud racer faces the same issues as a lot of their best arcade games: licensing. The Ferrari/Porsche/Lotus licenses were useless in the context of an arcade game (GTA style ripoffs would have worked just as well), but completely ruin the ability to do re-releases for licensing purposes.

Same with Afterburner Climax. These licenses benefited the game how? It's an arcade shooter... not some realistic sim. All it did was create licensing messes.

Afterburner Climax is pretty cool just playing it on a large virtual screen on Vive. Can't imagine how spectacular it would be in 360 VR with 3D.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Think Sega Super GT/Scud racer faces the same issues as a lot of their best arcade games: licensing. The Ferrari/Porsche/Lotus licenses were useless in the context of an arcade game (GTA style ripoffs would have worked just as well), but completely ruin the ability to do re-releases for licensing purposes.

Same with Afterburner Climax. These licenses benefited the game how? It's an arcade shooter... not some realistic sim. All it did was create licensing messes.

Afterburner Climax is pretty cool just playing it on a large virtual screen on Vive. Can't imagine how spectacular it would be in 360 VR with 3D.

Well then why no Planet Harrier?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
This idea was already tossed around with M2 but it was determined that the audience for retro games and the audience for VR doesn't have much overlap.