• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Have you seen that some people are saying that Sony games are identical because of the third person camera?
DhznBu4V4AI8s1j.jpg
Instead of argue about this or start complaining I think this opens a opportunity to make fun of this logic.
Post games that 'should' be considered identical "because reasons".

First contenders:

Batman Arkham Asylum vs The Last Guardian

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Don't contribute to making this forum shittier than it already is the last couple of months.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen that some people are saying that Sony games are identical because of the third person camera?
Instead of argue about this or start complaining I think this opens a opportunity to make fun of this logic.
Post games that 'should' be considered identical "because reasons".
Well I mean

they do look hugely similar. But not because of the third person camera, but more the color palette and general art direction. If you told me those were all playable characters from the same game, I'd believe you.

am I about to get shanked?

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

NO ONE is saying they're identical.

NO ONE is saying anything relating to the "third person camera".

Stop putting words in people's mouths please.

What people are actually saying, is using common sense and both their eyes, that Sony's big tentpole AAA releases offer a similar experience: narrative-based, third person action games, often in an openworld. At least compared to what other publishers manage to put out with their big releases. That isn't to say Sony's blockbuster games don't play differently, but genre wise they share many similar traits. There's nothing controversial or offensive about that.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I don't really get the camera complaints. I mean, for 3d games your only choices are 3rd person camera or first person anyway, unless you're making an rts or a side scroller.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears and Halo are the same because both feature space marines.

Forza and Forza Horizon are the same because both feature cars.

All open world games are the same because they're open.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That pic in the OP isn't really doing this thread any favors. They all look very similar visually, even if the gameplay differs greatly. Obviously they have more output than those examples, but to pretend Sony isn't a fan of third-person cinematic action games is a bit dismissive overall.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP seemingly makes thread as a joke.

OP then makes compelling point provided with visual evidence in the opening post and suddenly the thread is not a joke.

good work chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.