• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game will disappoint the most

• Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 175 11.6%
  • Half-Life: Alyx

Votes: 263 17.4%
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 240 15.9%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 487 32.3%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 238 15.8%
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 44 2.9%
  • The Last of Us 2

Votes: 63 4.2%

• Total voters

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're all gonna blow us away. Unless you're one of those old school Halo fans. Then you will keep whining about 343 regardless of how good the game is.

Pretty much this. Halo 5 was a great game by ERA standards so I expect Halo Infinite to make people happy.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Given that I vaguely remember people saying their hands-on time with Ghosts at some event wasn't particularly great, I'd pick that because all of the rest nobody has played or have been received well.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Halo will flop hard. 343 just haven't figured out what made halo great back in the days. 5 was a massive disappointment and I dont expect different with halo infinite

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Halo will flop hard. 343 just haven't figured out what made halo great back in the days. 5 was a massive disappointment and I dont expect different with halo infinite

It almost can't flop especially with game pass. Everyone gets it for "free" and it has enough name recognition that people will download it to try it out. I doubt it will move a lot of Boxes or keep people interested after the launch month though.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had a hard time choosing between Halo and Zelda but went with Zelda at last...hear me out.

I think Zelda open world honeymoon is over and people have started to see the world as mostly barren or maybe too long.

Zelda would be a better game than Halo but per expectations Halo has quite a low bar to cross for it to be revered as GOTG (you know it) while Zelda...that's a tall tall order for a near perfect game in people mind.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima

The only thing that looks good about this is the boxart. I loved I:SS and the DLC so I'm hoping they pull it off but I have doubts.

Halo Infinite

Halo 5 sucked and that's putting it in a nice way.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
How can Halo Infinite disappoint? Oh I forgot, there's still people that give 343i a chance. It's kinda like the new Star Wars trilogy to me. You could see where it was already headed in the wrong direction from its first movie. As good as Halo 4 was in certain ways, it was just not very Halo in spirit. Both game-design it was copying Call of Duty facets like forced POV cutscenes that pretend to be seamless to gameplay, and storywise you got a very melodramatic but dreary tone that had such a "What if Halo was REAL LIFE" feeling and it sucked. But that spark of Halo, the sense of developers having fun creating huge physics mayhems on battlefields and Big Guns TM seemed lost. It was like Halo had an over-perception of what it was, and they trended more towards the generic.

And Halo 5 is not even a letdown it was just abysmal. I didn't buy it and my friend didn't buy it. They said "no splitscreen" and we were like "How can you even make that decision when you're working on HALO." That sent the biggest message that they just do not understand what they're playing with. So respectfully, we've been out since then and no promises of undoing that message-mistake is gonna instil a lot of confidence in their future games. They had two games, as it is, to prove that Halo can be taken under a new team's wing, and they didn't really prove it to work.

Rather, if Infinite was a suprising success that could get some old Halo and Bungie fans to be interested again. I just don't see how it can possibly be a "disappointment" but again, I'm projecting myself on what I thought everyone thought.

My big one would be Last of Us 2. Naughty Dog has a "proven" track record, they've had everything going their way for a decade and yet, I feel there have been some signs, even back when it got announced, that we've reached a straw that is potentially about to break the camel's back. It's no secret they have the ultimate crunch cycles to live up to their own branding and reputation but what happens when you combine that with pretty major veteran developers drizzling out? It's not a disaster because the loss has been confined to just a few key members (but significant ones on TLOU 1) but it could be a disaster in the making.

They lost Bruce Straley, longtime game director and co-op director to Neil Druckmann because of burnout. They also lost the guy that Neil cited to have been the person who plotted out TLoU1's story's structure for everyone to keep things on track. There's just a few signs in the amount of delays on the game and subtle signs of worry from their employee's twitters that it's enough that I've begun to feel sceptical. It all adds up because for the longest time the way I've felt about the hype and marketing around it has been that just being a sequel isn't enough. They've shown sparse details but the bits they've shown don't have any intrigue. You're not raring to find out what it all means yet, and I see that as a warning after they spent money on producing pretty major E3 demos that somewhat failed to invite me into the premise of their new game.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a hard time choosing between Halo and Zelda but went with Zelda at last...hear me out.

I think Zelda open world honeymoon is over and people have started to see the world as mostly barren or maybe too long.

Zelda would be a better game than Halo but per expectations Halo has quite a low bar to cross for it to be revered as GOTG (you know it) while Zelda...that's a tall tall order for a near perfect game in people mind.
Lol at people still believing the BotW love is the result of a "honeymoon period"

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halo a MS exclusive being the topvoted game in this topic on ERA, who would've thought.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have a hard time believing any of Cyberpunk, HalfLife, TLOU 2, or BotW if it comes out this year to disappoint. Which leaves out the rest of the group.

I want to believe FF7 will be great, everything looks good. GoT's combat to me doesn't look great while everything else does.. Haven't seen much from Halo to know.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Out of those, Halo Infinite. Seeing the past couple I can't see how it'll be as good as it needs to be.

I also feel FFVII will disappoint the casual crowd. The ones who remember playing FFVII on the PS1 and liked it but don't keep up with games. They'll buy it thinking it's the whole thing and then even though it'll be long, feel ripped off when it ends at leaving Midgar.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Not that I'm going the play those Games in any way, but i think it gonna be Either Halo or Ghost of Tsushima...

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
CP2077 could be the greatest game of all time and it would still not live up to the hype it's gotten.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda because I will be shocked if that actually comes out this year.

Also, I simply cannot believe the top voted pick is a MS exclusive. I'm flabbergasted.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I'm surprised that so many have high expectations for Halo. I don't think Halo will be the greatest of the games listed, but that means I won't be disappointed.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This entire board for months: I dunno Halo Infinite will probably be bad

This entire board now: Halo will definitely disappoint people are really hyped for it.

Like I don't even own Xbox and the concern trolling over their stuff is wild here.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Out of those, Halo Infinite. Seeing the past couple I can't see how it'll be as good as it needs to be.

I also feel FFVII will disappoint the casual crowd. The ones who remember playing FFVII on the PS1 and liked it but don't keep up with games. They'll buy it thinking it's the whole thing and then even though it'll be long, feel ripped off when it ends at leaving Midgar.
Will it really? The trailers don't show anything radically different from the story plot points in the original, and the MIdgar chapter was only 6 hours from my experience. It looks like Cloud sees more hallucinations and a new soldier follows you around, but I don't see anything that suggests it's a long game. Maybe they can expand the story to around 20hrs but hardly long.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk won't match up to Witcher 3

Avengers will come in messy, but I'm thinking there's a higher chance that it's delayed.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I voted Halo Infinite because I believe is going to be the worst one of the list and will disappoint a lot of people, however I have zero expectations for that game so It has no way of disappointing me.

I'm more afraid of Cyberpunk being a disappointment.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I worry about Final Fabtasy 7 remake - I know initial previews have been positive but it's had such a long, Rocky development , the love fir TH the original is so string and Square Enox seem to be having issues with their major games .

both aFinal Fabtasy XV and Kingdiom Hearts 3 were underwhelming fior. many.

and breath off the wild 2 isn't coming ing this year.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think people are going to be very upset at the length/cliffhanger ending of FF7R.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I think I'll really enjoy Cyberpunk 2077, but I think there will be many complaints about it being FPS or not living up to some people's hype of what they believe the game will be like.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Why do we need negative threads like these? What's the point besides people being toxic?
I know negativity can be repetitive and annoying but sometimes it can be good to temper expectations. Like with Shenmue 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3, I didn't expect them to live to my childhood memories and ending up enjoying and appreciating them, even though they could have been better in key areas.

Tali'Zorah

Oct 27, 2017
Norfolk, UK
Of those options I actually think they'll all be at the very least good games. Gone for HL:A though as while it'll be a decent game I don't think it'll quite be the incredible VR killer app some expect it to be

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of these will be big disappointments. I imagine some won't reach the highs people expect of them, but I don't see any anthems in that list.

actually the biggest disappointment would be that Zelda won't actually be a 2020 game. So we'll see how that goes.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I feel like Ghost of Tsushima is gonna be a bit disappointing for some people. It looks a bit generic from what we've seen so far. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I voted Halo, but only because I can see it happening even if I don't want it to.