• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wes-Bentley-wes-bentley-20048354-340-440.jpg

Can we just cast Wes Bentley as Wolverine and call it a day?

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Samuel l Jackson as professor x.
Morgan Freeman as Sammy Davis Jr as magneto.
Charlize Theron as storm.
Emma Stone as Psylocke.

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Pine as Cyclops is a good one.
Jason Isaacs or Viggo Mortenson as Magneto are A+ casting choices.
I don't think Disney has the balls to make Professor X black.

sad but rad

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Did you guys read Morrison's New X-Men? I recall Cyclops having some interesting character development in that run. In the films, not so much.

Seems like most of them have either a bad memory of Cyclops' character, or just flat out don't know what they are talking about. That character has only gotten better with time

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Some inspired casting in this thread, really hope some of these become reality.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to say some these suggestions are really awesome. Terry o Quinn as professor X, Pine as cyclops, hardy as wolverine? Irons as magneto? Good picks.

junk

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure if they hold auditions in Australia for a like a year, they'll find a perfect successor for Wolverine.

Anyways, I hope they cast young for F4 and Xmen. I feel like both teams should come together after the events of phase 3.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Katheryn Winnick as Emma Frost

katheryn-winnick-photoshoot-for-real-style-magazine-summer-2017-4.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood as Jean Grey

wood.jpg
Good casting!

For me, as long as Professor X isn't British (or played as being British, cause the character in the comic ISN'T, he was born and raised in New York), Magneto isn't British (he isn't, so he shouldn't have a British accent, he's Polish), then we are cool. The actors could be British, but accent them accordingly.

It is kinda like how I remember, for the love of god, everybody wanted Emma Frost in First Class to be British because some misconception that people have that she.... is? Yeah, January Jones sucked big time, but Emma Frost IS American (upper crust New Englander to be exact).

Though, if I was to cast Jean Grey years ago, I'd cast Erin Chambers as Jean. Just give her green contacts and, to me, she's the spittin' image of how I'd imagine Jean to look in real life.
786cf00eb3c6153c9a078066cd2217e8--brown-eyes-female-celebrities.jpg

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fan casting is awful though.
This entire thread exemplifies that pretty well.
The number one requirement for casting Prof X is baldness.
The go to necessity for casting Wolverine is a beard.
The essential feature of Cyclops is... brown hair.

Terrible.

Well I'm glad someone else said it. Internet fan casting is just so uninspired and unimaginative. It's like people don't know that you can shave a person's head, have them grow a beard or have them use an accent and a bunch of other shit.
Cringe indeed.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like most of them have either a bad memory of Cyclops' character, or just flat out don't know what they are talking about. That character has only gotten better with time

Cyclops has been a pretty good character for most of his history. The problem is that in the peaks of X-Men's visibility - movies, animated series, 90s comics - he was being written less as a character and more as an obstacle for Wolverine.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan reynolds and anyone who is in the deadpool movies isn't being recast isn't he EP on deadpool movies

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
C950XGB.png

Ian McShane - Magneto

TKUHodT.png

Ben Kingsley - Professor X

4lYoRTP.png

Timothy Olyphant - Cyclops

And presenting..

lOCQetH.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal as Wolverine

And special guest..

Well I'm glad someone else said it. Internet fan casting is just so uninspired and unimaginative. It's like people don't know that you can shave a person's head, have them grow a beard or have them use an accent and a bunch of other shit.
Cringe indeed.

Stragnelove77 as "Guy Who is Fun at Parties"

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Fan casting is awful though.
This entire thread exemplifies that pretty well.
The number one requirement for casting Prof X is baldness.
The go to necessity for casting Wolverine is a beard.
The essential feature of Cyclops is... brown hair.

Terrible.
Cringe indeed.
In a thread where Lance Reddick was cast as Professor X, I respectfully disagree.

And it's not like anyone's forcing you to participate. No need to be a wet blanket!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Still the GOAT, haha. From the January 1995 issue of Wizard Magazine (I still have mine somewhere).

P9F09ZT.png

Prof X - Patrick Stewart
Colossus - Dolph Lundgren
Bishop - Michael Dorn
Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Gambit - Jean Claude Van Damme
Storm - Iman
Pyslocke - Tia Carrere
Jean Grey - Nicole Kidman
Wolverine - Danzig
Cable - Clint Eastwood
Magneto - Rutger Hauer
Sabretooth - Clancy Brown
Juggernaunt - Vader
Emma Frost - Rebecca De Mornay

Last edited:

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
i honestly want only two weird arty things to come out of marvel's total reconsolidation of their properties

one

a queeny as fuck sinister six film styled on ocean's 11 but where all of the sinister six are played by gay elderly broadway actors (Nathan Lane, Alan Cumming, Victor Garber, Harvey Fierstein etc) vamping it up super hard

two

a Godardian Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants film where they all live in a shitty Parisian apartment with a tattered Magneto poster up on the wall, Jamie Madrox is the one paying the rent for all of them, Mystique is a hardcore Maoist conspiracy theorist who believes all alternate timelines were faked, Pyro blows up an innocent civilian's car thinking it'll ignite the revolution, Sabretooth has the Legacy Virus, Toad just smokes and quotes Charles Darwin a lot, etc

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we casting 35-40+ year olds as the X-men? What's the point of rebooting the franchise if we are going to pretend that the characters have existed in the MCU for 20 years? The X-men should be young, with a few exceptions(Charles, Magneto, maybe Wolverine).

Avixph

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we casting 35-40+ year olds as the X-men? What's the point of rebooting the franchise if we are going to pretend that the characters have existed in the MCU for 20 years? The X-men should be young, with a few exceptions(Charles, Magneto, maybe Wolverine).
As I mentioned before, the X-Men should be casted young (late teens early 20s) and should only consist of the Original 5 (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, and Iceman).
84oHMZE.jpg

KJufdEL.jpg

The MCU could use more teen focused movies.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned before, the X-Men should be casted young (late teens early 20s) and should only consist of the Original 5 (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, and Iceman).
84oHMZE.jpg

KJufdEL.jpg

The MCU could use more teen focused movies.

First Movie: Adapt Joe Casey's 1999 miniseries "X-men: Children of the Atom"

Second Movie: Flashback movie starring the "original X-Men" of this universe - Charles Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique and maybe a couple others. Ends with Magneto and Mystique leaving t form the Brotherhood, Wolverine going solo, and Charles beginning plans to open the school

Third Movie: X-Men vs Brotherhood. Wolverine returns and the X-Men recruit teenage Storm and either Nightcrawler or Colossus. Angel loses his wings and leaves the team, to set up an Apocalypse movie in a future phase.

Avixph

Oct 25, 2017
The kids from Stranger things and It should be cast as the X-Men and/or Brotherhood.