• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liamario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just cringing with a lot of the suggestions.
Magneto: Viggo Mortensen/Brad Pitt/Matthew McConnaghey
Xavier: Mark Strong/ Jude Law/ Christian Bale

The team probably needs to be in their mid 20s/ early 30s for the most part.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matthew McConaughey - Magneto

matthew-mcconaughey1.jpg

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeremy Irons as Magneto is actually pretty inspired casting. I love it.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Since there are 2 X-Men movies still coming out next year under the Fox banner I wouldn't expect a new X-Men movie after those for about 4 years after that.
So the cast of the X-Men would be guys and girls in their teens/early 20ies now. For all of these I would cast yet unknown actors. Except probably Xavier, Magneto and Logan, who they should go actors in their mid to late thirties to have them available for a few years.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Professor X: Buster Bloodvessel
Magneto: Malcolm McLaren
Jean Grey: Toyah Wilcox
Mystique: Danielle Dax
Logan: Sid Vicious

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Still the GOAT, haha. From the January 1995 issue of Wizard Magazine (I still have mine somewhere).

P9F09ZT.png

Prof X - Patrick Stewart
Colossus - Dolph Lundgren
Bishop - Michael Dorn
Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Gambit - Jean Claude Van Damme
Storm - Iman
Pyslocke - Tia Carrere
Jean Grey - Nicole Kidman
Wolverine - Danzig
Cable - Clint Eastwood
Magneto - Rutger Hauer
Sabretooth - Clancy Brown
Juggernaunt - Vader
Emma Frost - Rebecca De Mornay
It IS funny cause I think a lot of those would've worked back then (some, of course, are just goofy), I would've cast 90s Angela Bassett as Storm, 90s Kelly Hu as Psylocke, and Julius Carry as Bishop.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Avery Brooks would actually be a great Professor X, but I don't think he acts much these days.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Still the GOAT, haha. From the January 1995 issue of Wizard Magazine (I still have mine somewhere).

Prof X - Patrick Stewart
Colossus - Dolph Lundgren
Bishop - Michael Dorn
Cyclops - Michael Biehn
Gambit - Jean Claude Van Damme
Storm - Iman
Pyslocke - Tia Carrere
Jean Grey - Nicole Kidman
Wolverine - Danzig
Cable - Clint Eastwood
Magneto - Rutger Hauer
Sabretooth - Clancy Brown
Juggernaunt - Vader
Emma Frost - Rebecca De Mornay
I could see 90s Michael Biehn as Cyclops, but not so much now. The others are equal parts ridiculous or pretty spot on (and one came true).

Terry O'Quinn already has experience playing from a wheelchair, so I'd say that's an inspired casting idea.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Someone on the last page said Tom Hanks for Professor X and I almost puked.

But now I'm really really on board with it.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Someone like Jack Reynor would make sense for Wolverine IMO. Disney would go mid 20's for most of the x-men.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I'd go with mostly unknowns for a lot of these roles, especially the X-Men team. Any big names will detract from the other members, which is not what you want. The only name I'd get would be Tom Hardy for Wolverine, but I wouldn't have Wolvie in a film until the sequel. Let it get some rest time.

The biggest downside, IMO, that we're losing with this merger is James McAvoy as Professor X. That man was spot on. Other than him I'd get Mark Strong.

I have a feeling for X-Men and the F4, Marvel is gonna go with some lower-tier names or some complete unknowns. The movie will be a hit no matter what, they'll search under every rock for the right person.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling for X-Men and the F4, Marvel is gonna go with some lower-tier names or some complete unknowns. The movie will be a hit no matter what, they'll search under every rock for the right person.
I agree with this, but one or two big names for senior roles makes sense. They've always had prof x and magneto as older than rest of the cast.

OP
OP
Anth0ny

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

P9F09ZT.png

Prof X - Patrick Stewart

PFFFFT god this fucking cringe fancasting this would never happen thank god the fans don't do the real casting, the real choice they make will be much superior

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with this, but one or two big names for senior roles makes sense. They've always had prof x and magneto as older than rest of the cast.
Agreed. Tom Hardy would be good as Wolverine, and I have a hard time really seeing anyone else in the role(at least an A lister).

I also see them race swapping a couple of these characters. I know people will hate that, but I'm all for it unless it really damages their character history(like Magneto being in the camps, etc).

junk

Nov 1, 2017
If we really want to bring Tom Cruise to the MCU, he'd be an awesome Reed Richards, but I'm pretty positive we're getting a young F4.

Oct 25, 2017
Lance Reddick as Prof. X is LAW.

You are free to debate the other castings.

Also no more frail old guys for Magneto. Magneto is big and imposing, and happens to have white hair. The ship has sailed on having a present-day X-Men where Magneto was in a WW2 concentration camp anyway. If we were rewinding back to the year the first X-Men film was made I would say Rutger Hauer. Nowadays? Idk.

Avixph

Oct 25, 2017
Lance Reddick as Prof. X is LAW.

You are free to debate the other castings.

Also no more frail old guys for Magneto. Magneto is big and imposing, and happens to have white hair. The ship has sailed on having a present-day X-Men where Magneto was in a WW2 concentration camp anyway. If we were rewinding back to the year the first X-Men film was made I would say Rutger Hauer. Nowadays? Idk.
That could still be possible if Marvel relates Magneto's long life to his mutant powers.

Oct 25, 2017
That could still be possible if Marvel relates Magneto's long life to his mutant powers.
They'd have to play it up like he hasn't been seen for decades, and suddenly makes a big splash and it's questioned whether or not its really him. If they just throw it in there like "Oh btw I'm old but not as old as I should be because fucking magnets amirite?" then it's just confusing and disengaging.

Frankly I don't think we need something as heavy-handed as an actual reference to the Holocaust to make Magneto's character work and make the themes work. It's just baggage that requires more and more complications like above.

Avixph

Oct 25, 2017
They'd have to play it up like he hasn't been seen for decades, and suddenly makes a big splash and it's questioned whether or not its really him. If they just throw it in there like "Oh btw I'm old but not as old as I should be because fucking magnets amirite?" then it's just confusing and disengaging.

Frankly I don't think we need something as heavy-handed as an actual reference to the Holocaust to make Magneto's character work and make the themes work. It's just baggage that requires more and more complications like above.
It doesn't have to be really heavy handed, just say he has a long life. For example many mutants in the Comics have long lives like Logan and Mystique.

Heelpop

Oct 28, 2017
6 pages and noone has named Idris Elba for any role, era be slippin

My humble suggestion for Cyclops who has been criminally discarded in X men movies so far would be Dan Stevens. Can't really decide on the big three and I doubt Marvel Studios would do better than Jackman, McAvoy & Fassbender

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
6 pages and noone has named Idris Elba for any role, era be slippin

My humble suggestion for Cyclops who has been criminally discarded in X men movies so far would be Dan Stevens. Can't really decide on the big three and I doubt Marvel Studios would do better than Jackman, McAvoy & Fassbender
Idris would be good for Bishop but he's already in the mcu as another character.