• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've done it before, why would they suddenly stop now? The only problem with this is how will it benefit original Switch owners if newer games require you to have a new "Switch Pro" to play reasonably. It works with the Xbone/PS4/PS4PRO/XBX because the original consoles are already powerful enough to play most modern games in the first place. I don't see them wanting to limit people like they tried to do with the DSI and New 3DS.

This is a very good point and probably the reason they won't go for a big tech leap.

OP
OP
ShadowFox08

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
No way there is a switch revision with better graphics. That would mean developers would need to optimize for 4 different versions of 1 game (undocked base, pro base, docked base, and docked pro. I acknowledge we are there somewhat with the PS4 Pro and One X. But even then it's mainly 2 versions per console. There are clearly exceptions like Rise of the Tomb Raider and games that have a resolution and performance mode but it seems too much to expect on the Switch.
they could make handheld mode on the switch pro to be equivalent to current docked switch.

Feb 10, 2018
They should just do a switch 2 in 2022.
Maybe do some switch hardware revisions with better battery life but nothing to drastic.

The hybrid approach is a way Nintendo can compete against sony and ms, and I dont think sony or ms will do a hybrid because they want to complete with tech, so Nintendo wont have a competitor offerering the same USP.