• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a bunch of art on twitter of Tifa being super buff. it's great.

It's a good counterbalance to the recent increase of titty-focused art certain artists have been doing as well.

the ideal solution is to combine a little of both

I'd say "post some", but that could lead to some NSFW images and a thread lock.

I'm kind of hoping to have this thread changed to "Let's Discuss Tifa's Design in the Final Fantasy VII Remake" come June.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect her to be buff. Maybe slightly toned, but not really noticeable if at all

I expect her to be how she's always been for every appearance post og FF7.

Yet "fans" will be delusional that they somehow did something to her and rage

Can't wait for the Yuffie topic (who I also doubt will receive many changes). Some bans coming that way lol

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing i hope they do in the remake is really show Tifa's superhuman ability. We're talking about a person who has shown the ability to throw cloud into the speed of sound just by throwing him in AC. In cutscenes show her actually punching monsters in the face. She can't be confined to a metal chair with some constraints on at Junon anymore or play slap fight with some pissant. Show her kicking ass!
ff7_scene_re_visioning_by_dansome0203_da743fi-pre.jpg

(I will never be tired of this fan art.)

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
While past experiences have unanimously proven it's better not to have it at all, I do think a bit of "movement" would work best on certain outfits.

I'm specifically thinking of Vanille from FFXIII and how weird she looked with her permanently perky chest. But I can't recall of any instances where boob jiggle looked even remotely natural, especially for Japanese games. So better to not go that route here.

Breast physics implementations always go for much less expensive but ridiculously unnatural spring-strut simulation instead of proper softbody deformation.

And also, y'know, a lack of nuance and taste.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
imagine if they don't show Tifa at E3. I just hope the servers can handle when they do show her.

Could maybe make a bingo card with all of the ideas people have been throwing out...

I think she'll have suspenders, skirt, I feel like a skirt could be tough to animate in combat but if it is a skirt it'll still have shorts with it. there's a name for this and I can't remember what it's called. She'll have some muscle definition, and her bust will be large but there wont be an added emphasis, no "boob sock"

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect her to be buff. Maybe slightly toned, but not really noticeable if at all

I expect her to be how she's always been for every appearance post og FF7.

Yet "fans" will be delusional that they somehow did something to her and rage

Can't wait for the Yuffie topic (who I also doubt will receive many changes). Some bans coming that way lol
What's the matter with Yuffie now?

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

See, I love this.

It really emphasizes how important proportions are. This is still the same OG design: short skirt, large bust, etc. But the artist actually paid attention to have everything anatomically consistent by also giving her broad shoulders and a shirt that doesn't look like it's being absorbed by her chest like Majin Buu.

That's all it really comes down to. There's been too many fan-arts that focus solely on the "two giant circles" that result in something very unbalanced and obviously fap fuel.

And hey, I'm not against that if it's the intention. But when so many people point to said balloon art and go "This! This is how it should be!", that's where I get worried.

I want her to look sexy, but not ridiculous. Doesn't have to be anything more than that. Replacing the skirt and adding more muscle tone would be great, but I'm highly doubtful either will happen considering how "sacred" Japan considers skirt designs, and I'm not sure how receptive they would be on the latter.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
I want her to look sexy, but not ridiculous. Doesn't have to be anything more than that. Replacing the skirt and adding more muscle tone would be great, but I'm highly doubtful either will happen considering how "sacred" Japan considers skirt designs, and I'm not sure how receptive they would be on the latter.
Why would you like to replace the skirt? I assume you'd prefer shorts instead?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
ff7 being a game i played early on in life made it so that i didn't really appreciate tifa for what she was at the time. i took her as a generic (re: big boobed) eye candy character, only to realize years later how stupid i was in that assertion. damn, i'd kill for more bartender tomboy monster punchers that occasionally wear western clothing.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
To this day I can't decide if the slap exchanges were dumb or awesome.
It's the push and pull of all the mini games they included in FF7 because they can. Dolphin riding, snowboarding, Chocobo racing.

... Cloud giving CPR to an underage girl.
Man, was it a different time or the blocky graphics or something, I dunno. Wonder if it'll end up looking creepy with new HD graphics.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
ff7 being a game i played early on in life made it so that i didn't really appreciate tifa for what she was at the time. i took her as a generic (re: big boobed) eye candy character, only to realize years later how stupid i was in that assertion. damn, i'd kill for more bartender tomboy monster punchers that occasionally wear western clothing.

As long as you understood the error of your ways

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People hoping for muscle tone or more weight might be disappointed as even Lightning saw a reduction when they revised/finalized her design:

ZzGirnj.png

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Slightly off topic: I've never played this game. Thinking of getting the PS4 updated version. Is it playable via streaming to an iPad? Or is there a lot of fast action?

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.