• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly considering XV, that's not too far fetched an idea.

I 100% expect them to do this. Even if it's DLC, preorder bonus, first run inclusion, etc. There's almost no reason not to include an entire outfit set for all characters. "Original set" & "Advent Children" then misc. outfits for each person.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Huh. Never noticed the gainaxing when I played VII all those years ago. Eugh. Bad enough I have to deal with that in some anime. Please keep that shit out of the remake. Otherwise, I'm good with Tifa's original design. I wouldn't mind, nor be surprised, if they gave her shorts instead, or even shorts that are a little longer. Something more practical would be nice.

Advent Children is the best, though. If they could make the original design be more like that, while still keeping the general idea and color scheme, I think I'd be very satisfied.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me this is the perfect Tifa and how I always see her now.
latest

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also just to clarify I'm not against slight changes to the design, heck if the design was 100% up to me I'd probably make some significant changes.

But given the nature of the remake I'd rather they not just do something like give her an Advent Children style outfit. Make alterations if you need to but keep it as close as you can.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That last picture in the OP is so boring. If they're shifting Cloud back to his original design to the extent that they're considering recasting the voice actor, expect big (but not cartoonishly big) boobs and some skin.

This is something that FF fans just can't seem to agree on at all.

"I don't want Tifa to be flat-chested. She has to have huge boobs!"

"That's fine, there's nothing wrong with being busty."

"No, I mean HUGE. As in taking up her entire torso. With her shirt practically tearing at the seams. They must be the biggest they've ever been!"

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Classic design. There is no need to change it. Especially not after what Nomura recently said about Cloud

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure:

Skimpy, same old, FFVII outfit = controversial
New updated outfit that's more in touch with modern times = controversial
Updated outfit but still skimpy = controversial

It's gonna be a lose-lose situation. :P
The whole product is going to divide people, as there seems to be a split between people wanted it turn based combat and people who want it to be like XV. I think it's going to be diversive no matter what, so they might as well try and make it good and not worry about that.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is something that FF fans just can't seem to agree on at all.

"I don't want Tifa to be flat-chested. She has to have huge boobs!"

"That's fine, there's nothing wrong with being busty."

"No, I mean HUGE. As in taking up her entire torso. With her shirt practically tearing at the seams. They must be the biggest they've ever been!"

I mean I don't wont Eiken tier breast(goodness knows we've got Deviantart for that) but I generally consider being busty to be a part of Tifa's silhouette.

If we're talking completely personal taste I'd probably have her look more like this to be honest.
c1db1993b0b2cf4d06843f2fb98adece-da7ikcb.png

Sorry if that seems a little to much, this is still more a general idea.

Last edited:

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I mean I don't wont Eiken tier breast(goodness knows we've got Deviantart for that) but I generally consider being busty to be a part of Tifa's silhouette.

If we're talking completely personal taste is probably have her look like this to be honest.
c1db1993b0b2cf4d06843f2fb98adece-da7ikcb.png

Sorry if that seems a little to much, this is still more a general idea.

HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Muscle girls stay winning

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
It's been an ongoing debate that's popped up on most of the Remake threads, and a lot of people were expressing interest to discuss it further in its own dedicated thread. It is with some reservation but significantly more interest that I go ahead and make this thread.

I only ask that the people posting here be respectful during the conversation.

If you don't....

colne_6_05_PS.png

Since the very second the FFVII Remake got revealed, people have been endlessly speculating (and mostly arguing) over how they're going to handle Tifa's design with the more realistic tone and visuals. We've already seen proof that Square isn't afraid to make a few revisions to the iconic character designs (Barret is wearing shades and has a modified gun-arm, Cloud was seen as more sickly and thin, though it seems that's been further revised to resemble his old design even though there's no official render available publicly), so it's not too much of a stretch that Tifa's old outfit would follow suit.

U5tGTsK.jpg

It can be pretty much agreed that the design is meant to evoke sex appeal, which in itself is not a bad thing. I think an important key word that a lot of people fail to bring into the discussion is "Balance". Having a sexy design doesn't mean the character can't be taken seriously. It's not always necessary to have an outfit that "makes sense" for the character to wear: if Chun-Li was an actual Street Fighter, she wouldn't step into a ring wearing a long-flowing Chinese dress.

But the portrayal of a character is just as important, and this is where the original FFVII stumbles a bit, unfortunately.

giphy.gif

The game itself has its fair share of suggestive humor at the expense of both the male and female characters, but having Tifa's jiggling jello chest during key FMV moments that were supposed to be taken seriously ended up undermining the character, as if to say that she is always meant to be seen as eye candy.

Just look at what a difference it makes when you take that same design and apply a more modest set of proportions to it:

latest

If only the millions of fan-artists out there could evoke that same level of restraint. Point being, her old design could be transferred over to the Remake, as long as they follow the design sentiments of the above render instead of meeting certain fan demands that, were they taken seriously, she wouldn't even be able to stand under her own power.

But if it were up to me, personally, I say play it safe and cover her up a bit more:

adrian-meribault-tifa-rend.jpg

A redesign of this scale will certainly piss off a good number of purists, but it's not like they aren't whining about the changes being made to the Remake that we already know about. I would be totally on board for something like this, because once again, "Balance" is the key here: She's still plenty sexy, but now you don't have to be embarrassed playing the game in front of other people.
I prefer this last picture

It makes it much more fitting in design with the rest of Avalanche like Barret, Biggs, Wedge, Jessie, and the cover up is just more appropriate in high fidelity

As much as my testosterone loves the big tits small skirt version of Tifa it just wouldn't feel in place or appropriate in 4k resolution, it'd be like why is one of the characters a prostitute in this terrorist organization it makes no sense

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
"Yeah, they could change Tifa's design."

*someone posts a design with smaller, proportional boobs*

"Ugh, that's a terrible design!"

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they take influence from Marie from p4g and eliza from tekken 7 to make the most perfect tifa

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
7kVTkZmB_0411140639361.jpg

Best Tifa

Just as important as her design though is that I will be able to suplex the Weapons
in the third game

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Keep the general design, maybe give her more realistic proportions. Just don't do super pervy animations and camera angles like in FFXV and MGSV.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Yeah, they could change Tifa's design."

*someone posts a design with smaller, proportional boobs*

"Ugh, that's a terrible design!"

I mean it's not the best reputation but I think Tifa is just one of those characters were being busty is something there associated with.

I'm actually fine with how she looks in the Advent Children I just really hate the outfit and would prefer something closer to the original.

I don't think anyone reasonable is expecting anything on cgi cutscene Tifa's level.
Who are quoting? The second last picture in the OP is basically loved by most people. Who called it terrible?
Sounds like they may be talking about the people who don't like the OP's last picture.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I mean it's not the best reputation but I think Tifa is just one of those characters were being busty is something there associated with.

I'm actually fine with how she looks in the Advent Children I just really hate the outfit and would prefer something closer to the original.

I don't think anyone reasonable is expecting anything on cgi cutscene Tifa's level.

I actually don't mind the AC look. I still think the boobs are a little much, but if the camera doesn't sway over then after every battle or if there isn't something like the airship cutscene then fine.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This whole "debate" pretty much boils down to the size of her breasts and the shortness of her skirt.

Expect more pockets...somehow lol

It would be cool if she had a bit more muscle in the remake.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't mind the AC look. I still think the boobs are a little much, but if the camera doesn't sway over then after every battle or if there isn't something like the airship cutscene then fine.

Oh yeah even as someone who likes busty designs I think those cutscenes are ridiculous. Anyone who complains about the remake not adhering to "those" is being silly.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
I've said it before, but the only via solution here that'll make the most people happy is choose-able outfits.

The classic busty FF7 (with jiggle physics of course), or the more dress-like Advent Children outfit. This way, everyone gets what they want.

If we can't have both, then I vote for full tilt fanservice. Something like this

but in video game form

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, but what is the source of this pic? I'd love a higher res version for my desktop.

Also, this and advent children are my favorite designs for her.

It's from the Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Reunion Files. They made renders of all the characters and put them on notebooks and wall scrolls, etc.

It also looks like it's just the Advent Children model with her old outfit.

HEgGjqL.jpg

iyPYI8B.png

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine that she's not going to look all that much different from her original design.

The designs for Cloud and Barret haven't changed much so I don't understand why anyone thinks Tifa's will.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
The last picture in the OP or the Advent Children design both work I think. The original is not terrible, but it fits less with some of the other designs.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I would like something more along the lines of her advent children design. If people are concerned with her bust, just look at Dissidia 012 Duodecim. She still kept her bust and jiggle physics with her advent children outfit, but that still looked cool to boot. Win/Win if you ask me.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they give her a breast reduction, then we don't get the orthopedic underwear joke confirming that Tifa's proportions canonically give her back problems

the real problem isn't even her bust size, it's just her skirt.

Give her some leggings, or just make it not form-fitting and a bit longer, and she's good to go.

The only way her tits will be an issue is if she doesn't tie them thangs down. If they're going crazy like in FF7's original CG than it's just gonna look ridiculous in HD when she's jumping around and throwing haymakers

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

lumenflower

Jan 8, 2018
NY
No matter what design they go with, I just don't want jiggle physics. Please, please.
There's absolutely no way to include those without looking goofy.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zero reason to expect any drastic redesign. Don't get your hopes up.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really what matters is if the game sexualize/objectify her via camera (aka like that scene in mass effect 2 with that ass shot) or make boobs not work aka jiggles (or How boobs work for game dev dummies) ...
because breast size doesnt matter or the dress if the game doesnt make an effort to objectify her with shitty camera angles and the like.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
I didn't find anything wrong with Tifas outfit or jiggling during fmvs in the original

I hope she has the same short shorts and tank top in the remake, her FFVII look is iconic, I recognize her instantly

Then again I don't want many of the characters changed too much

I think new Barret looks cool

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't find anything wrong with Tifas outfit or jiggling during fmvs in the original

I hope she has the same short shorts and tank top in the remake, her FFVII look is iconic, I recognize her instantly

Then again I don't want many of the characters changed too much

I think new Barret looks cool

Ehhh even as someone who like that sort of stuff, for the kind of game FF7 is, Tifa in the CGI cutscenes was pretty excessive. Toning it down from that is completely understandable IMO.

R3birthFl4me

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more concerned about them keeping her personality intact and not doing something stupid to it like they did with Aeris / Aerith in the spinoffs.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
The more interesting thing to ponder is what it is going to be like to fight them in a full 3D environment with control over your character.

Just as long as it isn't like the Leviathan fight from FFXV.

Especially with Emerald lol. Will it be like those dumb underwater battles in FFX :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.