• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
adrian-meribault-tifa-rend.jpg
This outfit is perfect actually and way better than the ridiculous original one which was way over sexualized.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ive never actually played ff7 and ive seen lots of fanart and whatever but I guess ive never seen her actual cutscene model in the game or paid attention to it when i did see it. Those are some fucking ludicrously huge boobs. Most of the horniest fanart ive seen has never gone that extreme!

This is a wild-ass revelation to me. Even Lara Croft is nothing compared to this
That's the thing. The only official depiction of ludicrously breasted Tifa to this day co timid to be only on some (not even all of them) CG cutscenes of the original game. Her field model was super low poly and her battle model had big ones but not CG cutscenes-big.

Every depiction after this game was tamer including Advent Children and Dissidia (although they did add jiggle).

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Has anyone posted this one yet?

blair-armitage-tifa-mid02.jpg

s4ygtufh34y01.jpg

I don't like it, but I guess it matches the old source material. I'm sure it will be great if the redesigns in Advent Children and Dissidia are anything to go by.

Edit: posted on the previous page I see
I came here to post this. I really like this design. I believe there's a video on YouTube with this render as well.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This outfit is perfect actually and way better than the ridiculous original one which was way over sexualized.
I dig this too. The only thing is those ripped pants reminded me of something that bothers the shit out of me. I don't hate ripped clothes but I hate when games do it to the point of unnecessary titulation. Like get stupidness out of my game.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt look like it, Barret's old VA has already been deconfirmed, and Cloud and Aerith sound significantly different.

As much as I'd love Steve Blum back, I think it's a total recast
Must really suck to be on the first trailer and then kicked out.

I really liked Cloud's English VA.

:(

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Must really suck to be on the first trailer and then kicked out.

I really liked Cloud's English VA.

:(

There's an ongoing theory that it's placeholder VA, which is something that Square has done before due to some actors not being available for preview recording.

We'll see. It's not the end of the world if everyone is recast, but Rachael Leigh Cook always seemed to have a genuine love for playing Tifa and also genuinely understood the character.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been posted (I tried to thread search/go back a few pages a check), but Kelly Turnbull made a great point on Twitter re: Tifa and how much she means to a lot of women, which I can completely get:

The Legend of Korra did the perfect execution of this with Korra, being a busty physical fighter, who wasn't sexualized.

giphy.gif

tumblr_oaq23csyLk1rvxid3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_nrcmv0ZhGt1rvxid3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p77rkdL7do1vi6ydmo1_500.gif

tumblr_ofdegw2ZEE1utuld6o1_400.gif

Just give poor Tifa some realistic muscles and a decent sports bra, for christ's sake.

asdfasdfhasdfshd Holy shit at that design. That's incredible.

I am actually more curious about Aeritshtsh's personality. Aerith was a borderline troll pulling on Cloud's strings and I hope they keep that.

Aerith's trolling really was a delight. I don't know how much of it was added in for the localization, but I always really enjoyed it.

Doesnt look like it, Barret's old VA has already been deconfirmed, and Cloud and Aerith sound significantly different.

As much as I'd love Steve Blum back, I think it's a total recast

Sephiroth's VA is also being pretty non-committal and posting ambiguous replies/emojis on Twitter, so yeah, really baffled about what's going on with the casting.

There's an ongoing theory that it's placeholder VA, which is something that Square has done before due to some actors not being available for preview recording.

We'll see. It's not the end of the world if everyone is recast, but Rachael Leigh Cook always seemed to have a genuine love for playing Tifa and also genuinely understood the character.

Yeah, I've always really enjoyed Cook's Tifa. Cook also played Mary-Anne in The Baby-Sitters Club, so my nostalgia automatically considers her A+ casting for Tifa. Mary-Anne and Tifa would be BFFs.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Seems like the I wanna look sexy type of woman. I'm fine with whatever tho. I like all tifa's design

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Something bothering me, how is Tifa 5'4"? She seems taller than again so does Aerith and she's listed at 5'3".

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apologies if this has been posted (I tried to thread search/go back a few pages a check), but Kelly Turnbull made a great point on Twitter re: Tifa and how much she means to a lot of women, which I can completely get:

The Legend of Korra did the perfect execution of this with Korra, being a busty physical fighter, who wasn't sexualized.

giphy.gif

tumblr_oaq23csyLk1rvxid3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_nrcmv0ZhGt1rvxid3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p77rkdL7do1vi6ydmo1_500.gif

tumblr_ofdegw2ZEE1utuld6o1_400.gif

Just give poor Tifa some realistic muscles and a decent sports bra, for christ's sake.

I get where she's coming from, but to reiterate my previous statement: there's a difference between "big breasts for aesthetic purposes" and "big breasts to sell figurines and body pillows."

Women who are ample yet powerful will obviously prove attractive to folks like me, but it can prove to be a positive aspect as well. Wonder Woman and She-Hulk are sexy, strong superheroines, but they also have lots of female fans that look up to them.

But there's a clear difference between, say, Chun-Li and Taki (well, at least before SFV) in terms of what their designs represent. As I said before, it was never about making Tifa "flat".

It's not even about eliminating cheesecake, because that's also fine if within reason. I enjoy Lulu's endowments, and also feel they're appropriate to the character in a sort of haughty Jessica Rabbit sort of way. She probably has the largest bust out of any FF lady, but she's got the confidence and power to back it up, sort of like a more reserved (but ironically skimpier) Bayonetta.

It's a whole other story with the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown, whose every animation, even when constricted by monsters or lying unconscious, is to constantly remind the player "check out these tig 'ol bitties". That's why portrayal is important too: Tifa could be a B cup with shorts and it won't make a difference if the camera still zooms at her butt or Cloud and the others constantly grope her.

Sephiroth's VA is also being pretty non-committal and posting ambiguous replies/emojis on Twitter, so yeah, really baffled about what's going on with the casting.

Could be that he doesn't know yet, or is under contract and can't say one way or the other.

This is entirely speculation, but his line in the teaser might not even be in the final game, and that one shot of him is all we get in the first part (and thus he doesn't get a speaking role).

Zephyx

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fine with any design/clothing that doesn't involve too much jiggle physics and pantyshots.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
How about a skort? I'd get behind that. Best to both worlds, she gets to sport the iconic skirt look but they're also shorts underneath so no pants shots everytime she does a roundhouse.
That's fine, too. Keeps the design like the shorts idea I have while making the look practical for constantly punching dudes and house shaped monsters in the face.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I hope she has the proportions of Advent Children, which seemed reasonable and good to me, with the original costume.

And I hope they offer a ton of costume DLC like the XIII series and XV. Go wild with it.

tumblr_os06io7Rrc1vwg52po4_400.gif

Also, maybe throw some tights on under the classic miniskirt so it's not oops-all-upskirts for 70 hours.
D6k-9bzW0AA48ND.png:orig

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Could be that he doesn't know yet, or is under contract and can't say one way or the other.

This is entirely speculation, but his line in the teaser might not even be in the final game, and that one shot of him is all we get in the first part (and thus he doesn't get a speaking role).

The voiceover in the trailer is probably placeholder. The game is not far enough along for the full English dub to have been recorded.

Oct 30, 2017
final-fantasy-vii%3A-advent-children-wallpapers-29551-9425020.jpg

She's always been framed looking taller than she should be. A height retcon would be nice, because 5'4 is pretty short.

You think that's short!? I mean for a woman I think it's normal. Anyways, I think the entire cast outside of Barret and Vincent is short so that picture actually looks pretty accurate. Barret and Tifa are only a foot difference which you can see kinda in the picture

PetohKing

Alt account
Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Hopefully they'll cover up her breasts and midriff. A more modest design is ideal for 2019.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
That outfit is completely garbage. I'm sorry. It's so bad I wish folks would stop quoting that fugly mess so it would stop popping up in the thread. Classic design is what we're getting. Frankly its what we deserve. Scale the tits back please.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Yuffie is the shorts-wearer. Why ya'll wanna Bland-erize the partys makeup in terms of appearance? An no to her... or anyones AC appearance quite frankly. Far to many of 'em were anti-color >_<

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
The original design is best, it looks great with realistic proportions as seen in the OP. So I hope they go with that. That said, I hope they have the AC outfits as unlockables for everyone.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
How is this 14 pages?

Going by how Cloud Barret and Aeris look, its clear they are being faithful to the original outfits.
Her boobs will certainly be smaller, but her outfit is staying the same-ish.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The original design is best, it looks great with realistic proportions as seen in the OP. So I hope they go with that. That said, I hope they have the AC outfits as unlockables for everyone.

You're paying for those costumes and you know it

How is this 14 pages?

Going by how Cloud Barret and Aeris look, its clear they are being faithful to the original outfits.
Her boobs will certainly be smaller, but her outfit is staying the same-ish.

Well the thread premise is what SHOULD they do. I think most knows its gonna be very close to the classic design with at most something concealing what's under the skirt

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That outfit is completely garbage. I'm sorry. It's so bad I wish folks would stop quoting that fugly mess so it would stop popping up in the thread. Classic design is what we're getting. Frankly its what we deserve. Scale the tits back please.
Thank you! I was called out earlier here for saying that design was a horrible horrible idea.

We are getting a classic outfit Tifa for sure, especially after seeing Cloud, Barret and Aeris', and anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. All I'm asking is to tone down the male gaze, give her a proper sports bra (aka easy on the jiggle) and maybe a skort (it'd look as her iconic skirt, keep the same hemline, i don't care) just so it's not panty-shot-city everytime she does a kick.

Can someone help me job my memory how the original battle Tifa model managed the whole skirt thing? Do her panties ever showed in the original?

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody posted the alleged Ferrari leak yet?

FAN1qmO.jpg
Whoever drew that I don't like his or her style but that design looks about right. I'm sure this is close to what we'll get.

Square knew what they were doing by not revealing Tifa last week, didn't they?
Roberto Ferrari confirmed it's fake and he was super pissed:

Also, apparently the person who made it posted a thread about the creation.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
apparently the person who made it posted a thread about the creation
That's fascinating.
... it's a bit disquieting to hear that people were giving that design flak for "censoring" Tifa. Longer skirt, smaller chest, undershirt. I mean, even as a fake, it captures the design pretty well I thought. There's certainly an expectation when it comes to Tifa among some fans.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the other characters designs I am not expecting any major changes to Tifa. The other characters are dead on in my opinion.
They will either go with Jade from DQXI style shorts with a miniskirt or the game camera can't be manipulated to get a view.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Just keep her similar to her old design with AC like proportions and dont put in pantyshots or weird jiggle physics.

Done and dusted

original.gif

Pretty much. The key issue of Tifa was that moment showing Tifa flopping around on airship with breast jiggle cutscene. Her old design is actually not bad at all and given her line of work as a bartender, I think it's fine for a more casual, attractive wear. Maybe a slightly longer skirt would be ok, make it a little less gratuitous.

Status
Not open for further replies.