• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
She could benefit from a redesign, but not too much. I think they should keep the same dress she has, just a better "proportion" overall, and it will be perfect!

I hope they wont change completely... AC design was nice but too different, I would prefer to not see it in the remake something like that...
EDIT:
I mean the part in AC where se has the other dress obviously.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The anatomy itself is all over the place.

Never actually read the response when this drawing first appeared. If this statement is made by Ferrari it almost sounds like he wants to tell people her proportions aren't anything like this which I guess points towards her being quite busty.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This:

D6k-9bzW0AA48ND.png:orig

+

this:

51ysJ2TGe2L._UX522_.jpg

May 26, 2018
She could benefit from a redesign, but not too much. I think they should keep the same dress she has, just a better "proportion" overall, and it will be perfect!

I hope they wont change completely... AC design was nice but too different, I would prefer to not see it in the remake something like that...
EDIT:
I mean the part in AC where se has the other dress obviously.

Yeah, I think a blend of the original with scant parts of the AC design would be awesome. I'll obviously roll with a 100% accurate design because hey, it's Tifa's original design and I'm a sucker for nostalgia, as much as I may protest sometimes. But I'd love to see some practical tweaks.

Last edited:

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I was casually strolling through twitter when I saw this.

And really, if the camera behaves itself and the boobs are not the size of therapy balls, I really don't think it needs to change.

Maybe put some shorts under that skirt and get the shirt to cover a bit more of her navel area, but other than that I really don't think the character needs much fixing.

Also came by this tweet, which I never considered.

May 26, 2018
I was casually strolling through twitter when I saw this.

And really, if the camera behaves itself and the boobs are not the size of therapy balls, I really don't think it needs to change.

Maybe put some shorts under that skirt and get the shirt to cover a bit more of her navel area, but other than that I really don't think the character needs much fixing.

Also came by this tweet, which I never considered.

Big boobs are fine. People exist with big boobs.

You're right about the camera being the issue, for the most part. At least in cutscenes. But if she isn't wearing shorts of some kind, you just won't be able to avoid constant panty shots in gameplay. Shorts = good.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Big boobs are fine. People exist with big boobs.

You're right about the camera being the issue, for the most part. At least in cutscenes. But if she isn't wearing shorts of some kind, you just won't be able to avoid constant panty shots in gameplay. Shorts = good.
Big boobs are fine, the rest of her body needs to match though. She needs the frame to support the boobs.

May 26, 2018
Big boobs are fine, the rest of her body needs to match though. She needs the frame to support the boobs.

I think this is good, to a degree. As long as it doesn't start to drastically change Tifa's silhouette. If it's an ass-kicking woman in some other game, the gloves are totally off of course.

And if we're talking about realism, there is an element of fantasy they're sticking to in FF7R. No one, and I mean freaking no one outside of the world's greatest weight-training iron men should be able to casually swing the Buster Sword. But there's Cloud with his scrawny spiky ass flinging it around like a toy.

So, yes. Realism = good. Realism + reasonable loyalty to character proportions = best. (FF7R on PC with character mods = galaxy brain)

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
I vote Keep the design, nothing about Tifa seemed too egregious to me, some women do have large breast, i do hope the game expands on her an clouds relationship tho

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Will bet 20 bucks she will be not as busty, Just see Aerith.. and that pretty much what you will get.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
bike shorts are fine, as long as they are under the skirt like serah and lightning. people forget that was the same solution they did in 13 and 13-2 as well

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be faithful to original design because everyone else in the teaser are OG designs. All you can expect is whether her boobs will be busty or not. Anyone expecting AC-like outfits will most likely need to wait for unlockable costumes or DLCs.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be faithful to original design because everyone else in the teaser are OG designs. All you can expect is whether her boobs will be busty or not. Anyone expecting AC-like outfits will most likely need to wait for unlockable costumes or DLCs.
I think It Will remember the og design but it Will be different like aerith, where the dress, jacket and necklace are different from the original, but the colors are the same.
So the upper part Will definetly be something white and the lower part something black, and the size will be similar. Maybe a New detail in the visual since we have those the necklace from aerith or the Ballistic eyewear from barret, so she could receive a new acessory.

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm asking for is for her to look like a bad bitch. Snatched from the neck down, eyebrows on fleek, face beat to death, and her outfit slaying the other hoes. That's it. Square, make it happen.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Never actually read the response when this drawing first appeared. If this statement is made by Ferrari it almost sounds like he wants to tell people her proportions aren't anything like this which I guess points towards her being quite busty.
he was saying it was poor because they got some basic anatomy stuff wrong, which for an artist like him is probably very easy to spot. basically he's upset that people would even think he would draw something that poorly.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can someone help me job my memory how the original battle Tifa model managed the whole skirt thing? Do her panties ever showed in the original?

She rarely kicked high enough in the original. And I'm pretty sure people have flipped the model around just to see a black void.

Weirdly enough, in Ehrgeiz she also has a black void on her original outfit, but does have panty shots on her alt cowgirl one.

Pretty much. The key issue of Tifa was that moment showing Tifa flopping around on airship with breast jiggle cutscene.

That whole FMV sequence wasn't even in the original release. It was added in the NA version and carried over for the international re-release.

Their intentions were clear in this case.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I love it. I'm not sure why so many in the first pages here hate the design. It's literally the same outfit with leggings that imply a rough physicality, and a jacket.
We don't like it because it looks nothing like Tifa anymore. If you honestly think there's a chance we could get such a big departure of a design in the remake you haven't been paying attention. As an alternate costume or an outfit for a spin off or sequel whatever, sure why not. But for the remake? Especially when 3 characters have already been shown with their classic looks? No. Fucking. Way.

All I ask I to go easy on the camera angles and jiggle and have her wear tiny bike shorts underneath that mini skirt or just wear a skort and that's it.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I personally prefer the Advent Children design myself. But If they going for staying close to the original, I'd say:

1.) Give her some slight muscular definition to signify the build of a martial artist, but still keep her looking feminine
2.) Make her skirt a little longer and perhaps give her some shorts-tights under it
3.) Decrease her bust size to a more reasonable size
4.) Get rid of the suspenders cause they just look ridiculous (and the fact that they go around her boobs, I feel like draws more attention to her boobs in general)

Das it

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
We don't like it because it looks nothing like Tifa anymore. If you honestly think there's a chance we could get such a big departure of a design in the remake you haven't been paying attention. As an alternate costume or an outfit for a spin off or sequel whatever, sure why not. But for the remake? Especially when 3 characters have already been shown with their classic looks? No. Fucking. Way.

All I ask I to go easy on the camera angles and jiggle and have her wear tiny bike shorts underneath that mini skirt or just wear a skort and that's it.
It's so funny that you say she looks nothing like Tifa anymore, because one of the things I like most about it is how it's still obviously Tifa. Again, I'm not sure how leggings and a jacket can so thoroughly confound you.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so funny that you say she looks nothing like Tifa anymore, because one of the things I like most about it is how it's still obviously Tifa. Again, I'm not sure how leggings and a jacket can so thoroughly confound you.
Because it's too big a departure from her goddamn classic outfit. It would make no sense to have Cloud, Barret and Aeris all sporting their iconic outfits and then have Tifa in a leather jacket and fucking black leggings.

Like I said, as alternate outfit or the outfit she'd wore for a spin off I wouldn't care. But as THE outfit for Tifa for FF7 Remake you're clinically insane if you're seriously hoping you'd get something like this.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You do realize the "playing it more safe" redesign just has her show more cleavage right?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Because it's too big a departure from her goddamn classic outfit. It would make no sense to have Cloud, Barret and Aeris all sporting their iconic outfits and then have Tifa in a leather jacket and fucking black leggings.

Like I said, as alternate outfit or the outfit she'd wore for a spin off I wouldn't care. But as THE outfit for Tifa for FF7 Remake you're clinically insane if you're seriously hoping you'd get something like this.
You seem to be getting oddly heated about this.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I want this and a whole bunch of other outfits available.

We've had the OG designs for decades, I'd be more than happy for them to go nuts (but hopefully not too nuts with the DLC pricing).

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017

If I didn't know it was Tifa going in there's no way in hell I would identify that character as Tifa on my own.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I thought the white top, hair, gloves, suspenders, and elbow pads were all dead giveaways.

It literally is the same outfit with a jacket and leggings.

Can I see it yes, but at first look it doesn't look like it even belongs in the FF7 universe.

Plus the leggings and jacket alone cover half 50-70% of her original style. The accessories and gloves or even the boots don't even really stand out like the original. Hair style/face isn't really recognizable.

Again knowing it's Tifa yeah I can see it, if I saw that with out context I'd think it was some mirrors edge or maybe bioware concept art.

Also can't help but wonder why the suspenders are on top of the jacket.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
adrian-meribault-tifa-sketch2.jpg

Don't think the other sketches were posted, I think it's all the same artist; Adrian Meribault.
I think something like far left still has a lot of the energy I like about Tifa's look as bartender and the far right looks the more like what I'd expect her to look if she was ready to actually join Cloud and Barret on a mission.

May 26, 2018
adrian-meribault-tifa-sketch2.jpg

Don't think the other sketches were posted, I think it's all the same artist; Adrian Meribault.
I think something like far left still has a lot of the energy I like about Tifa's look as bartender and the far right looks the more like what I'd expect her to look if she was ready to actually join Cloud and Barret on a mission.

She doesn't read as Tifa, though. For a different reason than the slavish design with the impossible-to-believe Korean RPG face.

I'm beginning to realize that a lot of fan designs have some good ideas in isolation, but almost none of them fully represent the character.

Shit's hard, yo. Which makes Square's real redesigns all the more impressive. Ferrari and the model/texture team working straight up magic out there.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the threads about the criticisms people are already throwing at Aerith and Barret....

Hoo boy.

Hope y'all are ready for June.

Status
Not open for further replies.