• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect Odyssey 2 next year if BotW2 is next year.

They can do Pokemon Let's Go Cynadquil or Pokemon How Scared Are You Of What Will Be Missing From These Diamond and Pearl remakes for late 2021 also.
same, i don't see both botw 2 and odyssey 2 in a single year. i think botw 2 can be the big title for 2020, supported by some other big-sellers like mario party 2, kirby, etc. and then 2021 can be a big year with new pokemon and odyssey 2.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
same, i don't see both botw 2 and odyssey 2 in a single year. i think botw 2 can be the big title for 2020, supported by some other big-sellers like mario party 2, kirby, etc. and then 2021 can be a big year with new pokemon and odyssey 2.
As for Odyssey 2 engine is already there they could release odyssey 2 in like Spring 2021 it couldn't be a holiday game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know but i don't think that Switch will be system without it's own unique Mario Kart game. MK dev team released ARMS in mid 2017 so i doubt they will be sitting there and making Mario Kart for next gen system for like 6 years if Switch successor launches in like 2023-4. And i don't think they will do new ip or ARMS sequel.
I definitely don't expect an ARMS sequel until the next-gen system, but why not another new IP?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
I definitely don't expect an ARMS sequel until the next-gen system, but why not another new IP?
I feel like the only reason why they did new ip (ARMS) was because it was on new system. It would be nice if they try to take on different genre but for me it's like first do next mario kart on Switch and then something else :d

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
In the September 2018 Direct Nintendo revealed 2 big games for 2019 at the start and end being Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing (yeah it's 2020 but originally was 2019) so i think this September be might see 2 or 1 big games for 2020 revealed. I know there is a lot of stuff coming this year but i think they need to show us something for next year and not keep everything for 2020 Direct.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How come people are so sure we'll get another Pokemon game next year? Are Pokemon games yearly?
there have been 7 titles in the last 8 years so a gap year wouldn't be surprising but an exception not the norm.

(it would be 8/9 if you only look at western releases as B&W launched in 2011 in the west and 2010 in japan.)

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Since they don't have 2 distinct platforms anymore they should either go on a spending spree to either moneyhat third party exclusives or buy more developers. Even if they made a bunch of sequels to already successful Switch games it won't exactly be growing the base now would it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since they don't have 2 distinct platforms anymore they should either go on a spending spree to either moneyhat third party exclusives or buy more developers. Even if they made a bunch of sequels to already successful Switch games it won't exactly be growing the base now would it.
i'm sure there will be more 3rd party collaboration (daemon x machina, octopath, DQXI S) type of deals or more unexpected 3rd party developed 1st party games (astral chain). they can always expand the variety of their catalog with those. for the first party developed ADN published titles, they're big but not that big to cater to all demographics and tastes.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
First half of 2020 will probably be pretty weak for Nintendo again, carried by Animal Crossing and third parties like Gods and Monsters and the rumored Monster Hunter.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Breath of the Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Pokemon Gen 4 remakes and a Wii U port in January are safe bets. It'll probably be Super Mario 3D World, and we'll also might get another port later in the year, most likely Wonderful 101. It's also time for Shin Megami Tensei V, we might get it next year.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry, but you suggested that the Switch version ran worse than the Wii U version, which isn't true. I haven't played the Wii U version, but the Switch version ran great after a simple patch close after launch and even without it, It wasn't just "barely working". I just wanted to correct your statement.
Okay, I see where you're coming from. I didn't mean the Switch version was worse; I set it aside because I literally cannot speak to it. My post was not an indictment of that version. I'm sure it plays better than the Wii U game.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

The year that couldn't.
It's going to be fine.
It'll be ANOTHER lackluster year. Just like 2018 and 2019.
There will be MORE DELAYS, probably some cancellations too.
Animal Crossing is solid. Pokémon Spin off is a possibility.
There will be ZERO 3rd party games.
I'd wager on some sequels. Pikmin maybe, Paper Mario or Mario RPG
Pokémon will release new LET'S GO! and Animal Crossing will flop.
Also I think they will make at least one big new IP and release multiple download titles (Pushmo maybe)
NOTHING. NOTHING!
This was more fun than it should have been. Sorry. Also this looks silly on anyone using Dark theme :D
Read BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE! NOTHING!

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Solidifying their teams onto one system is one of the best things Nintendo has done. 2020 is pretty open and it's amazing.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019

The year that couldn't.
It's going to be fine.
It'll be ANOTHER lackluster year. Just like 2018 and 2019.
There will be MORE DELAYS, probably some cancellations too.
Animal Crossing is solid. Pokémon Spin off is a possibility.
There will be ZERO 3rd party games.
I'd wager on some sequels. Pikmin maybe, Paper Mario or Mario RPG
Pokémon will release new LET'S GO! and Animal Crossing will flop.
Also I think they will make at least one big new IP and release multiple download titles (Pushmo maybe)
NOTHING. NOTHING!
This was more fun than it should have been. Sorry. Also this looks silly on anyone using Dark theme :D
Read BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE! NOTHING!

I was reading this originally on Dark theme and thought this was an elaborate shitpost designed to cause a stroke and it was succeeding. Then I switched to the light mode and... I saw what you did there... My brain is still broke though.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
I think your percentages are way too optimistic, OP. Odyssey 2 isn't happening any time soon I fear. But if they port a 3D Land + World pack and/or a Galaxy 1 & 2 pack, no one will complain.

If BOTW 2 makes it, as well as a third Pokémon, then together with Animal Crossing that's not a bad lineup. Maybe Camelot is working on Mario Golf, as well.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think your percentages are way too optimistic, OP. Odyssey 2 isn't happening any time soon I fear. But if they port a 3D Land + World pack and/or a Galaxy 1 & 2 pack, no one will complain.

If BOTW 2 makes it, as well as a third Pokémon, then together with Animal Crossing that's not a bad lineup. Maybe Camelot is working on Mario Golf, as well.
If not Odyssey 2, then the 3D Mario team should have something to show soon. It's been a while now.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
They said it will be in the same Hyrule which not directly means same map. There will be some massive changes, botw was all about exploration they couldn't just give you explore the world that you already explored.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest want is actually a paper mario or a new mario rpg of some sort
Generally think nintendo is due to revive one of their rpgs

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Splatoon 3 and MK9 of course, though one of them being 2021 wouldn't surprise me.
There are no brakes on this train.

Also, I guess we'll have a port of 3D world, since I believe that the next mainline Mario will be kept for 2021.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
There's a chance since they're using the same Hyrule.

Some people really believe they use the same map?

Wait, they're actually using the same world...? That is bizarre and disheartening.

Of course it's the same map and same NPC, just an extra underworld dungeon...

Why do you believe some random poster on the internet?

Anyway, they use the same engine and probably can reuse some assets, so a 3 year development time could be enough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 41183

Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Mario Kart team is still working on MKT, which is already delayed. I'll eat my shoe if they have a game next year.

Maybe something from the same development group under Yabuki, but definitely not something in the Mario Kart series.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Speculation: The Thread

I have no clue what to expect from Nintendo outside Animal Crossing. Could end up being a bunch of titles no one saw coming and the ones we want wait for 2021. I do believe BotW2 will be their holiday 2020 title, but got nothing to base it on.

If we're talking all platforms, 2020 is looking like another year for the ages alongside 2017

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
Really hoping they have another racing game in the works.

Nintendo kart would be cool, but ExciteTruck should really make a return.

Strikers has also been long overdue. Perfect Spring game imo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think people should pump the brakes on a new Donkey Kong game. The reason most of us don't mention it is because Nintendo doesn't care to do it. They have no internal DK team. Retro probably doesn't have one coming.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
same map can mean a lot of things. you can change a lot while leaving the general structure the same.

They could do what they did with ALBW and use the same Hyrule but with minor changes and dungeons in different places, but again, I don't think that requires 3+ years of development and the need to take staff from other developers (excluding outsourcing, of course).

Oct 26, 2017
I think my biggest want is actually a paper mario or a new mario rpg of some sort
Generally think nintendo is due to revive one of their rpgs
I'm crossing my fingers for a new Paper Mario that goes back to the old style for next year. It's been enough time since the last Paper Mario and Nintendo has been trying to do better by the fans