• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
I've noticed that people keep complaining about stamina in Dragon ball Super in relation to Goku and Vegeta within the ToP.

I want to explain that you can definitely regain stamina while still being active. If you train constantly you are able to build stamina up to your max level by doing lower taxing activities. This is something that everyone can do, it would actually be weird if they couldn't.

Additionally, even when you are performing at your max level and exhaust yourself, minimum rest periods of less than a minute are enough to build your stamina again. However, there's something that does qualify the above, even after you rest, the time you can use your max level effort would diminish somewhat if you don't work yourself to it properly by engaging in less taxing activities.

I don't know if the series prior abuse of senzu beans as the quick stamina regen consumable have confused people to this reality or the gaming background of the users.

Source: ;-)

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The time limit was never necessary, they could have made it 48 hours to be more realistic.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that a good motivational speech can actually push your stamina past its limits.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
That only makes sense. Your body can only keep up a sustained effort for a certain amount of time. Your lungs aren't able to supply enough oxygen for strenuous activity, your muscles supplement with anaerobic sources of energy which produces lactic acid. The lactic acid requires oxygen to be processed, so you'll be sore and breathing heavy for a little while but then ready to go after you've rested. It only makes sense that a Super Saiyajin warrior would have an enhanced version of this.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
This always came across as a bizarre nitpick to me.

It's pretty clear that the idea is characters run out of stamina so they drop down to their base forms whilst they recover it. Hell, it was even established in the Cell saga that ss1 doesn't even drain stamina any more.

You can argue that it's unrealistic, but this is a show about people screaming at each other whilst firing beams.

OP
OP
The_hypocrite

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Don't forget that a good motivational speech can actually push your stamina past its limits.
This is an exogenous variable but it has been proven that having a bench of people calling your different names can impact the heart of the champion.
I like the scientific and matter-of-fact tone that the OP took.
That only makes sense. Your body can only keep up a sustained effort for a certain amount of time. Your lungs aren't able to supply enough oxygen for strenuous activity, your muscles supplement with anaerobic sources of energy which produces lactic acid. The lactic acid requires oxygen to be processed, so you'll be sore and breathing heavy for a little while but then ready to go after you've rested. It only makes sense that a Super Saiyajin warrior would have an enhanced version of this.
Even science agrees!!
This always came across as a bizarre nitpick to me.

It's pretty clear that the idea is characters run out of stamina so they drop down to their base forms whilst they recover it. Hell, it was even established in the Cell saga that ss1 doesn't even drain stamina any more.

You can argue that it's unrealistic, but this is a show about people screaming at each other whilst firing beams.
Agreed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.