• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yokijirou

Oct 27, 2017
As a kid I was all about Digimon. I played the games, the card game and enjoyed the show. Well seasons 1 & 2. Something put me off about season 3 so I never watched it until back when Twitch was Justin.TV I had streamed pretty much all the seasons and movies.

It was pretty cool to wake up, start up some Digimon and have a bunch of people watch and talk in chat about something that I didn't have anyone to talk to about in person.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digimon was my favorite show as a young child, and OP speaks a lot about as to why.

I still remember the shock of them returning to the real world in Adventure and discovering that Kari was the eighth child...and paired with Gatomon, at that. I think that entire arc was what ultimately hooked me and made me a lifelong fan. Myotismon dragged the Digidestined through hell.

Tamers is my favorite season because it takes place in the "real world" and it was thus easy for me to insert myself into the story. It's still a really cool concept, actually. I rewatched it on Netflix back in 2015.

I'm also much higher on Adventure 02 than most. I love Davis and Veemon.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Followed by absolute misery when they die a few days later

Although, getting a Monzaemon without the costume is an incredible achievement. I have no idea how to get natural Monzaemon, Etemon, or Digitamamon

Well with the original Digivices those were the "improved" versions of the shitty joke Digimon Numemon, Nanimon, and Sukamon. So you basically have to suck to get one of those, but then I believe you have to turn around and go hard training them to get them respectable and I think they have a low lifetime too so you gotta train a lot.

Digimon World 2003 is still the best console Pokemon game, don't @ me.

Nah it's grindy as all hell and is filled with random encounters.

Fun but I never got past the second leader before just getting tired.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Adventure definitely falls off a huge cliff, quality wise, when it introduces the 4? end badguys, and Tai and Matt fall out etc.

I also honestly completely forgot who the "final boss" of that series was until recently. From what I remembered it stopped at Piedmon lol, so I must've blocked D&D Dicemon out of my mind.
I actually forgot about that too. I thought it ended with Piedmon

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first Dark Master episode is pretty dark and then you immediately go to the Anomalocarimon episode where he gets beaten up comedically by the kids and shit.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Adventure definitely falls off a huge cliff, quality wise, when it introduces the 4? end badguys, and Tai and Matt fall out etc.

I also honestly completely forgot who the "final boss" of that series was until recently. From what I remembered it stopped at Piedmon lol, so I must've blocked D&D Dicemon out of my mind.
It suffered from Giant Space Flea from Nowhere as he only becomes a thing in the second to last episode

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just found out folks finally discovered that the Metal Etemon that's long been accessible only through cheats in Digimon World was apparently a super rare "Event Digimon" offered through V-Jump.

Man if someone could track down the team that made Digimon World that'd be awesome...it came out after the anime in the U.S. but looking back it introduced a ton of Digimon to the franchise I believe. Like Myotismon and Machinedramon debuted in it.