• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
The story and every character in this game sucks. At least Trevor doesn't try to hide it with hipocrisy. That's why I think he is the best character, he is true to who he is.

I was shocked by this scene, but I was never really fond of Johnny's. If it was Niko tho, I would be mad.

And about the interrogation, I never felt it pushing my buttons. Like I said, the characters sucks not because they are underveloped, but because they are shitty people. Everyone in this game.
And the story is just so absurd and everything so detached from anything resembling reality, that I was never impressed by the interrogation.

That scene with Joel interrogating that henchman in TLoU was way more impactful to me. The mocap and voice acting goes a long way in making everything more believable.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The scene didn't bother me, but I did generally find Trevor to be my least favorite of the 3 characters. He doesn't really have any nuance or growth (though to be fair, neither does Franklin, really) and he doesn't even come across as likable in an anti-hero sort of way.

They could have made him a super interesting and complicated character if they'd written him better, but alas. The most interesting thing about him is how he felt betrayed by Michael faking his death, but they don't give him much to do about that but whine about it every so often.

Mr Moot

May 10, 2018
Annecy, France
To this day I have no fucking idea what the point of killing Johnny off was. It's such a cheap way of making Trevor look like a some zany maniac but he's such a shit character. I understand that it sets off the plot with the Lost and the other gangs but it's such a garbage scene. Weak sendoff for a great character with one of the best story arcs amongst R* games. Why is he even with Ashley at this point? The ending of TLaD contradicts all of this. Why would he get back into drugs again?

God damn this entire scene is tasteless as fuck lmao. I guess Rockstar did one thing right in making Trevor 'memorable' but this was weaaaaaaaaak.

I think I love you. Played GTAV with my ex who love GTA but never played Tlad, I was so mad and she didn't care. I still don't understand why they did that.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I found it quite funny because I always thought Johnny was awful.

Trevor is by far one of the most interesting GTA protagonists (Niko takes the top spot).

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, that scene perfectly set up Trevor and his irreverence. Loved it and felt like the game peaked early. Besides it was a fitting end to the cheesy meth Romeo and Juliet biker trope

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I never played GTA5 but I'm seriously impressed they went from dreck like "the crystal has got us babe but that don't make it right!" to the dialogue in RDR2 which IMO is pretty decent for the most part.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I remember thinking it was a poorly made scene even back when I first played GTA5 on the PS3. Didn't even know who that character was (only played a little bit of TlatD).