• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
If you've never heard of "Leyou Tech Holding" (http://leyoutech.com.hk), may be you've heard of a Chinese chicken meat business that buys game studios. Formerly known as "Sumpos Foods" is now known as "Leyou Technology Holding"; While the chicken side of the business has long been sold off, the gaming business has been growing steadily.

They are now the current owner of Digital Extremes (Warframe), Splash Damage Group (Dirty Bomb), had a 20% stake in Certain Affinity (Currently working on a Transformer Universe F2P game) & have studio developing a Civilization online title license by Take-2.

Duu4xWJ.jpg

As a long time Warframe player I developed an interest in the Leyou's business dealings but recently I have noticed a new tiny logo on their corporate site which I have never seen before. Athlongames (http://athlongames.com/). With a bit of digging, I discovered that this is in fact the brand new video game publishing division of the Leyou that they are establishing in USA with their HQ based in Burbank, CA.

ULcPSiE.jpg

cs8XQOH.jpg

I2YtOoA.png

Spearheading the the operation are two former colleagues of WBIE (Warner Brother Interactive Entertainment); Dave Miller who was the VP of WBIE's Globe Brand Marketing who developed and managed the team responsible of Witch 3, Shadow of Morodor, Bastion, Mad Max. His is currently the GM & Head of Global Publishing for Athlon Games, Inc. Craig Mitchell was the Director of WBIE's Global Brand Marketing responsible for the marketing of the DC core including Batman AK, Injustice, DC legend + Lego Star Wars & Mad Max. He is now the Senior Global Brand Director for Athlon Games, Inc.

Fyc5ZiA.jpg

vKED692.jpg

In addition to some of the games I mentioned above, Athlongames.com also teasea on an unknown IP which I would imagine they will be publishing (if not developing themselves). So there, so see the beginning of a brand new publisher, at least for a few F2P tiles, as F2P has always been the core of their business according to their internal and published communication, but personally I would not be surprise if the will also publish for retail titles. I guess we will see in time.

Last edited: